Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Food And Hunger: Mans Best Friend And Worst Enemy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Food And Hunger: Mans Best Friend And Worst Enemy (328 Views)

Five Of The Worst Ways To Motivate Employees / Are You Your Career Worst Enemy? / #FOREXCrisis: Food And Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food And Hunger: Mans Best Friend And Worst Enemy by Appswheel(m): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Tuosa lala lala lala… Solo received an unexpected slap orchestrated from behind, the sight and echo that followed saw me change lanes- I quickly crossed to the left side of the road. I later found out that Solos crime was that he unintentionally stepped on a stranger’s toes. To know that he was not aware of his offence until thunder struck, attracted some sympathy from me. But the stranger should have called his attention to his offence before serving him such deafening and peppered slap. Yes he should I thought, until I saw the look in his eyes, a hungry soul. It is so true, “a hungry man is an angry man”. I have since expanded the saying to, “A hungry man is a molten magma waiting to erupt”. May we not be victims of such hungry souls.

As much as I know, food has no enemy. The reoccurrence and persistence of unwelcomed hunger sets men apart, well fed ones with glowing, radiant skins; others with jagged and rough skins punctuated by hollowed and sulky cheeks.  

Just yesterday, I slept off in the course of writing an article, my thoughts were not flowing as planned so I turned to sleep for respite and a reset. I had barely slept for 20 minutes when hunger aborted my sleep in a way I found so mean and disrespectful. On that occasion, I was in a good position to silence it with a bowl of rice and beans garnished with assorted fish.

Food and hunger, there is a thin line that separates them. If you do not put yourself in a position to find food, hunger will undoubtedly locate and molest you. I am yet to meet a man who is at war with food or decides to take two weeks break from food for the purpose of resting his teeth and jaw – have you met one?

Can we liken food and hunger to Success and failure? Like food, success is not a one off thing. It is not a destination. Successful people are not foolproof from failure. What differentiates them from individuals adorned by failure is their outlook to life. They live visionary and purposeful lives, characterized by can do attitude.

In the same vein, make pursuing your ideas, adding value a priority, runaway from slothfulness and idleness; they are core ingredients from which men whose existence depletes creation are made, in their loins lies the devils production factory .

Show me a man of great repute and I’ll show a man who has pursued his dreams against all the odds that comes in the way of great dreams and visions. Men who understand that failure is when one fails to try again!

This week, what activities and goals do you have on your to do list? Are there ideas frustration and what others think have made you forsake and abandon? Go ahead and pick them up from the trash can. I bring you good news; dreams come true, and they are made true by work, positive energy and belief.

This week and in the coming days, I wish you favour and Gods speed as you set out to achieve your set goals. May your days be bright and beautiful!

If you are blessed, inspired by this article share it with a friend.

#hookupwithBabT @ olorunfemibabatunde.com #Ilovetoshare #beinspired!
Re: Food And Hunger: Mans Best Friend And Worst Enemy by yvonne111(f): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2016
smiley
Re: Food And Hunger: Mans Best Friend And Worst Enemy by osesology(m): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Nice write-up.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Fate For We Logistics Officer Concerning Employment? / Read On How To Brand Your Business / Mykomms: The Future Go And Visit: Www.mycomuniti.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.