Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! (1004 Views)

Buhari Passed 8 Bills Into Law. / Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? / Newspaper Headline From The 80s About NEPA, Must See. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by Oooops: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
WHY YOUR NEPA BILLS ARE ALWAYS THIS HIGH!!!
Very soon there will be a distribution of bills (If it has not started) to all of us using electricity from the various distribution companies, and ofcourse it is ineligible that some of us will be given high bills… Many of us as usual will curse ‘NEPA’ and vow to beat any of the staff when we see them. Hmmmm!
Before we start cursing and beating the next electricity distribution staff we see, let’s look at the major reason why our bills are always high (For those without meters)… I won’t talk of the usual reason we already know, but what we majorly don’t know…
Aside the fact that our electricity usage can be high due to our home appliances (FOR THOSE USING METERS), this article focuses on those not having any meter rather get ESTIMATED BILLS.
Now, most times, electricity distributed to our areas, street, etc. are measured. E.G if a street is being supplied by a transformer called DT (Distribution transformer), there is a meter used in measuring the amount of electricity supplied to that street from the transformer. When this electricity is supplied, it is expected to be accounted for in form of payments accordingly (Ofcourse all business aim is to make profit).
At the end of the month, those having meters are billed according to their meter reading (ofcourse prepaid has already paid for their usage hence theirs is excluded). What about those without meters? After those with meters are billed, the remaining energy is divided for payments amongst those without meters in the area to account for all energy.
E.G;
In Akpako Street, 200,000 worth of energy is supplied, at the end of the month, those with meters are removed. Say 30% of people have meter in the street. So remove 30% from 200,000 we have 140,000 remaining.
The remaining 140,000 as unaccounted energy is shared for the remaining occupants without a meter. Now WHY IS IT HIGHER THAN THOSE WITH METER?
Remember that we have people bypassing supply, people using free light, and others not having light during the day and by night you see them playing music and always having cold water. THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE MAKING YOUR BILL HIGH NOT NEPA (DISTRIBUTION COMPANIES).
Yes I said that… Your uncle down the road bypassing is one reason you have a high bill. It is Simple, since the distribution companies have supplied light to your street, and are expecting an amount commensurate with the supply, after removing the energy used by those with meter, they assume the remaining energy was used by the remaining customers without meter since they are not aware of anybody bypassing or using free energy, so it is shared and used in billing customer’s without meter.
So next time you wanna blame someone for high bills, Blame your Aunty’s children and REPORT BYPASS TO ENSURE ELECTRICITY BILL IS FAIRLY SHARED.
If this can be handled and energy theft is reported, people will pay lower for electricity and unnecessary estimation will be limited as those using electricity but not registered with the company will be caught, registered and pay for usage which will reduce what you pay for… Enjoy Your Break…
Originally Written By Mua @Ooops
Lalasticlala help share
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by AngelAhnie(f): 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by nickxtra(m): 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Arrant nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by Histrings08(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pfft
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by saintkel(m): 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nice one OP, y didn't u come out Mr Nairaland?, u for beat all dis kpomo men silly. Back to the topic* if I tell u I pay 350 naira for last month u won't believe me. Two factors made dis possible; my meter n late night supply. D nepa man takes our meter reading twice in a month n frm its reading not much changes can be inferred by me cos it moves not than 3-6 units. Most light supplied is usually at nyt say 10pm till 6am so no much activity except to switch on my fan n sleep
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by redcap: 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ensure distribution of prepaid meters to every home then come back and edit this rubbish you typed here.
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by daewoorazer(m): 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
ur excellency, op, go learn abt jungle justice b4 u start pointing fingers to those smart consumers....

In same news, d useless nepaa guys wont evn suply u power, if u lyk install 15 meters in ur aoz

#teamSolar
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by Flexherbal(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Estimated bill is illegal.
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by Oooops: 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Flexherbal:
Estimated bill is illegal.
Who told u that sir? which constitution says so
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by Oooops: 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
daewoorazer:
ur excellency, op, go learn abt jungle justice b4 u start pointing fingers to those smart consumers....

In same news, d useless nepaa guys wont evn suply u power, if u lyk install 15 meters in ur aoz

#teamSolar
Jungle Justice? Anyway the point was to educate us on how it works. It's not totally the fault of the distribution companies... Most times our aiding and abetting is the cause!!!
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by Oooops: 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
redcap:
Ensure distribution of prepaid meters to every home then come back and edit this rubbish you typed here.
Of course that is already ongoing! Big Kudos to Ikeja Electrics who has started that initiative giving free prepaid meters to all their customers.
By then we'll know who gains more...
Re: Why Your Nepa Bills Are Always This High!!! by Oooops: 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
saintkel:
Nice one OP, y didn't u come out Mr Nairaland?, u for beat all dis kpomo men silly. Back to the topic* if I tell u I pay 350 naira for last month u won't believe me. Two factors made dis possible; my meter n late night supply. D nepa man takes our meter reading twice in a month n frm its reading not much changes can be inferred by me cos it moves not than 3-6 units. Most light supplied is usually at nyt say 10pm till 6am so no much activity except to switch on my fan n sleep

Thanks Jare!!! leave politics for politicians jor...

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Akintola's 106th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / 'we Cannot Afford To Lose Edo Election'' - APC Chairman / Buhari's Daughter At Her Call To Bar Ceremony (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.