Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack (29726 Views)

IPOB Declares 'war' On Ikpeazu, Vows To Frustrate His 2nd Term Ambition Over Att / Abuja High Court Refuses To Stop INEC On Melaye’s Recall / Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by centvin008(m): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
A Federal High Court in Abuja has refused to vacate the order for the removal of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State.

Justice Okon Abang today ruled that the enrolled order, which was served on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), was properly signed by the court after the staff worked long hours to produce it three days earlier than the seven days provided by law.

The judge had on June 27 removed Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for including false tax certificate information in his Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Form for the December 8, 2014 primary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The judge had ordered INEC to issue fresh certificate of return to Uchechukwu Ogah, who came second in the primary.

The suit has been adjourned to July 7.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/abia-court-refuses-to-vacate-order-on-ikpeazu-s-sack/153780.html?platform=hootsuite#c01X3v6VySht06VY.99

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
IF COURT REFUSE, NA ME GO GIVE AM?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wow... that means?
Waiting for AGF's pronouncement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by kahal29: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
What did I tell them

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by MaziOmenuko: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
When?

This news sounds somehow. Did Ikpeazu's legal team go back to Justice Okon Abang again? Shouldn't they be fighting for a Stay of Execution from a higher court abi no appeal court open shop today?

This news is really strange. I will await the full version.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by PMBfirstson(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
One reason i hate democray!!!
When he knows he is a gonner but still appealing in court just to manupulate justics

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by prince4pro(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
grin this landcis not 4 sale
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Young03(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
hmmm
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Barr Claroo come o...
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by prince4pro(m): 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
K
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
kahal29:
What did I tell them
You sure did.

Ikpeazu team didn't do well to put up a good case at all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by franchizy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Where are those chare and bail lawyers quoting the electoral Act.

Ikpeazu's legal team never put a good fight.

As far as im concerned Uche ogah will be sworn iin any moment from now.

I advice ikpeazu to demand for the professional fees paid to his legal team.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by IamPatriotic(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Where do they go from here? since everything about the PDP has become double-double, the state CJ, should swear-in Uchechukwu Ogah at least there are two Chairmen, two aspirants in Edo, two publicity secretaries, two National secretariat, etc, there is nothing wrong in having two state Governors from one state since they're both PDP members.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Claroo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Barr Claroo come o...

Present sir smiley
This Abia matter is getting more interesting bro
MaziOmenuko:
When?
This news sounds somehow. Did Ikpeazu's legal team go back to Justice Okon Abang again? Shouldn't they be fighting for a Stay of Execution from a higher court abi no appeal court open shop today?
This news is really strange. I will await the full version.
The normal procedure is to apply for stay of execution from the court that gave the judgment.

3 Likes

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by kahal29: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Front page oh....

AtlanticBreeze, Nwadiuko, MadamExcellency & kcnwaigbo come and hear oh
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Amazing refusal shocked

Justice Okon Abang today ruled that the enrolled order, which was served on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), was properly signed by the court after the staff worked long hours to produce it three days earlier than the seven days provided by law. shocked shocked shocked

lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
grin
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Noneroone(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
Claroo:

Present sir smiley
The normal procedure is to apply for stay of execution from the court that gave the judgment.
you can apply for stay of execution from the court or court of appeal. Ikpeazu applied at the court of appeal so i dont know where this information is coming from.

But this 'order' show that the judge is acting out a script and should be cautioned.

4 Likes

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by dridowu: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Honestly speechless but......................lawyers always twisting the law to their side
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by MadamExcellency: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
kahal29:
Front page oh....

AtlanticBreeze, Nwadiuko, MadamExcellency & kcnwaigbo come hear oh

What is the meaning of this closing paragraph?

The suit has been adjourned to July 7.

What is the Judge going to rule on the said date? Are they maintaining the status quo until the application for stay of execution is ruled on?

From my understanding, the Judge refused to backtrack on the issuance of certificate of return and not the stay of execution which he will later rule on 7th July, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
Let justice be served no matter whose ox is goard. My problem with this judgement is that a criminal case of this magnitude has been established but there is no clause for immediate prosecution. If a poor man defraud a govt by not paying his taxes heaven will let loose. #justicemustbeserved.

2 Likes

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Claroo:
Present sir smiley .
I am a bit confused here. what is the July 7 adjournment for?
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Claroo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:
you can apply for stay of execution from the court or court of appeal. Ikpeazu applied at the court of appeal so i dont know where this information is coming from.

But this 'order' show that the judge is acting out a script and should be cautioned.
The normal procedure is to apply at the trial court and when such application is refused. You have within 15 days of such refusal to apply to the Court of Appeal.

Bros which script is the Judge acting on and who is the Director cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by MaziOmenuko: 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Claroo:

Present sir smiley

Hian! Church agbasala! Since 27th june? Even me a yeoman in legal issues will do better than ikpeazu's legal team.

3 Likes

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Claroo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am a bit confused here. what is the July 7 adjournment for?
I guess the date is for hearing of Ikpeazu motion for stay of execution, maybe ikpeazu team don wake up from their slumber and filed their processes

Make we wait till July 7
MaziOmenuko:

Hian! Church agbasala! Since 27th june? Even me a yeoman in legal issues will do better than ikpeazu's legal team.
Bros the legal team F up, hopefully a SAN is not part of that team.

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Noneroone(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

dont mind that apc agent and his 'normal procedure'
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by AntiWailer: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
he don red.
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by saintkel(m): 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmm, dis case is getting twisted n I dnt like it
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by designking: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nice move
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by zeemore: 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Court Refuses To Vacate Order On Ikpeazu's Sack by Okijajuju1(m): 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmmm!

This one is strong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Innocent Of All Charges Take Me To Court, Fayose Tells efcc / "President Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls" - Ben Murray Bruce / Sidi Ali Mohammed: ‘Boko Haram Fighters Are Usually Paid $3,000 Daily’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.