Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? (2162 Views)

Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / These Cars Have The Most Ridiculous Dashboards You Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by Theyveedo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Right Sided Cars

There was this erratic driver who was driving ahead of me today along the who almost crashed into a car coming from the opposite lane while trying to overtake on two occasions. It was when I over took him that noticed he was driving a right sided car which got me thinking. Is it even legal in Nigeria? cos it could be dangerous especially when trying to overtake or on a bending corner.
What do u guys think

Re: Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by hakunajay(m): 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Oboy put kweshion mark and ask again... Lol
Re: Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Theyveedo:
cos it could be dangerous especially when trying to overtake or on a bending corner.

Why would you even entertain overtaking at, or before a bend?

I would describe you, as a terrible driver.

1 Like

Re: Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by surrogatesng: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Siena:

I see many paeople doing that all the time
Re: Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 05, 2016
Not sure about Nigeria, but in the UK it's legal only that your insurance is much higher..
Re: Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2016
og2711:
Not sure about Nigeria, but in the UK it's legal only that your insurance is much higher..

UK cars are right hand drive

i guess you mean the opposite, left hand drives in UK pay higher insurance
Re: Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria used to be a RHD country before they changed to LHD in the 70s.

According to the FRSC the use of RHD cars in the country is illegal, owners are given the option of converting to LHD or risk having their vehicles impounded.

This explains why RHD cars are cheaper than their LHD versions , infact the price of RHD car is half that of its LHD equivalent.
Re: Are These Cars Legal In Nigeria??? by ibnzubair(m): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2016
Siena:

I think you misunderstood him.
He spoke of two independent... or even mutually exclusive things

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Jeep? / Disadvantages Of Fixing A Non-factory A/C System In A Car / Is It Possible To SwapToyota 2GR Fe Engine With 3MZ Engine (sienna)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.