Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) (1146 Views)

Poll: Which is the best Oracle Server you've used so far?

8i: 0% (0 votes)
9i: 14% (1 vote)
10g: 71% (5 votes)
11g: 14% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Oracle DB Consultant Wanted / How To Bundle Java Db Database In My App. / How To Deploy An Embedded Sqlite Db (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by wltz: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2009
Good day every1,I'm starting this thread as a facilitator to help anyone with problems in Oracle database administration from 8i to 11g, I would love to share the little knowledge i've gotten to help others out,also to learn from every1 too since no 1 has absolute knowledge about any given matter or problem world across,

So just post your problems or concerns or even if its tips and i'll be glad to answer,

Do have a blissful day every and i hope you'll enjoy this thread, regards

Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by TariqSada: 5:05am On Sep 11, 2009
i want to do certification of DBA, which is best oracle 9i or 10g
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by moore20: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
hi my name is moore please am a novice in Oracle bt interested in learning it can u assist me with PDF books to start with Please remember am a complete novice bt just interested in learning
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by DEBOLABI: 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2009
i would like to know more about oracle on linux. is it that orace has his own version on linux or its just the same and you install it on the system. can you send me the guildlines or e-book. i'm gonna appreciate that guy. thanks

Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by layi27: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2009
anyone who needs books on oracle intro shd notify me cos i hav some .
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by niyi09(m): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2009
@layi27
i would not mind getting those books on oracle that you have, i am preparing to write the exam before the end of november, my email addy is tundeyboy2003@yahool.co.uk, How can i contact you
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by wltz: 4:23am On Sep 18, 2009
@Tariq Sada : You should go for 9i then upgrade to 10g, 9i teaches more than 10g in many instances, you get to know how to use command line in 9i but 10g is browser based, and it depends on where u wanna learn it,
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by wltz: 4:28am On Sep 18, 2009
@moore20, depends on what you want to do in oracle, there are 3parts, Administration(which involves maintaining availability of the database and managing database objects), Development(which involves writing applications or supporting oracle- based applications like Oracle-financials,JD-edwards e.t.c),Designer(here,you design structure of the database,which involves using Normal forms on database objects/tables e.t.c) but for sure, I'm in Administration line and its very very lucrative, also development is lucrative too, Hope this helps, after you've made up your mind, i'll give you links to materials, take kia
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by wltz: 4:32am On Sep 18, 2009
There is oracle for linux,, its just like having software for Mac or for windows, Its same files but its linux based, But there are alot of configurations to be done to install oracle on linux, hope this helps

follow d link below

www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by DEBOLABI: 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2009
Guys how can i get the linux version of oracle 10g installation cd. Pls call or text 08027656939
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by DEBOLABI: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2009
Guys how can i get the linux version of oracle 10g installation cd. Pls call or text 08027656939
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by wltz: 4:57am On Sep 26, 2009
CD? Except you buy original or download from the oracle website, its free for development purposes
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by omodejk: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2009
Hey,

I just built my website with this great service called WebStarts. WebStarts is everything you need to make a free website. I highly recommend it.

You can sign up for your own free account here: http://www.WebStarts.com?aff=omodejk12
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by wltz: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2009
Please this part of the forum is dedicated to Oracle Db only, regards
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by titsqueez(m): 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2009
Alas!!! an oracle thread where folks are not asking for dumps. . .thank goodness!!! hope we can learn more about the product than just cramming test papers.
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by Scottx(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
Please where is the best and cheapest place to learn oracle 10g?
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by wltz: 4:50am On Oct 03, 2009
@SCOTT : I'm not sure bout NIIT cos its been awhile i left 9ja,so maybe u can checkout Prometric centers or sumtin, But 1 thing is that you should go for a class that has more computer based training(practical) than anyother, hope this helps, regards
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 06, 2009
I did my Oracle 10g training @ NIIT, but I recommend 1st Logic for you. It is a better learning environment - 1st Logic.

All d best
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by ajekpaks(m): 4:10am On Oct 06, 2009
oh boi see as boiz dey blow gramma, if i tell thhem say I no know anything wey them dey call oracle for inside computer (abi na babalawo?)

mah bros abeg how I go fit learn am?? from the start?? as a beginner?
Re: Oracle Dbas-(come Around Here If U Need Help With Administering Oracle Db E.t.c) by iGuru1(m): 1:40am On Oct 10, 2009
Guy na tru u dey talk oh, the thing be say i like to learn about software engineering, and i think my guys go show me the way.

I will like to know more about this oracle of a thing, where i fit learn em abeg oh help.
Thx

(1) (Reply)

VB Programers In The House - Is This "Do-able" / Can Anybody Debug This Javascript? / Need Competent Programmers In PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.