Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? (7583 Views)

Pocket Friendly Inverter System Plus Free 7w Bulbs For Family And Friends! / We fix your faulty laptop at pocket-friendly prices in Lagos. / See The LIST of Best Selling Products On Konga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
I just realised that items and appliances are way cheaper on Konga than on Jumia. Konga also has cheaper shipping rates as well than Jumia.

@ the promoters of Jumia, why is this so?

Mind you, i do not work for Konga.

Just saying it as it is as i have personally shopped on both platforms and the difference in prices of items and shipping rates are just too obvious.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by colossus2: 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
OLX is cheaper bro grin
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by EnterPRO: 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Seems the only advantage shoppers enjoy on Jumia is the ability to lower overall shipping fees through consolidation.
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
colossus2:
OLX is cheaper bro grin

Lol.
Olx is very different from the two online shopping malls i mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
EnterPRO:
Seems the only advantage shoppers enjoy on Jumia is the ability to lower overall shipping fees through consolidation.

This is not exclusive to Jumai alone.

Konga offers free shipping on some items...
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by Kunleakinpelu00(m): 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
Konga is kinda slow on delivery but jumia is super fast when it comes to delivering your goods besides I heard that if I buy a black shoe on konga they will bring a blue one for you...I heard oooo

3 Likes

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by augster(m): 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kunleakinpelu00:
Konga is kinda slow on delivery but jumia is super fast when it comes to delivering your goods besides I heard that if I buy a black shoe on konga they will bring a blue one for you...I heard oooo
Bro, Konga is way faster than Jumia... I order for people on both sites and I know what I'm saying, and Konga offers cheaper rates to most locations.. Just #1000
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by NnamdiN: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
Konga---slow delivery but cheaper
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by Xxpress(m): 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
I beg to differ, items on jumia is cheaper compare to konga. Truly, delivery charges on konga is cheaper to jumia.

3 Likes

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
augster:
Bro, Konga is way faster than Jumia... I order for people on both sites and I know what I'm saying, and Konga offers cheaper rates to most locations.. Just #1000

Exactly.

You are so point.

Konga charges me just 1k to deliver my item from Lagos to Abuja.

Infact i was offered free shipping on an item i included in my cart.
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 9:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kunleakinpelu00:

Personally i dont believe on hearsay.

Konga delivers within 3 working days max. Do you call this being slow?

1 Like

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by augster(m): 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
uboma:

Exactly.

You are so point.

Konga charges me just 1k to deliver my item from Lagos to Abuja.

Infact i was offered free shipping on an item i included in my cart.
Everything on Jumia too cost, shipping cost is way too much (except Lagos), they don't pay their agents well sef, the commission is super extra low when someone buys infinix or innjoo phones.. Konga is way better.

1 Like

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Xxpress:
I beg to differ, items on jumia is cheaper compare to konga. Truly, delivery charges on konga is cheaper to jumia.

Kindly provide print-screen of the item on Jumia that is cheaper than that of Konga so we can all see.

1 Like

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
augster:
Everything on Jumia too cost, shipping cost is way too much (except Lagos), they don't pay their agents well sef, the commission is super extra low when someone buys infinix or innjoo phones.. Konga is way better.

Well, the primary reason for creating this thread is to praise Konga for its pocket friendly prices and cheap shipping rates too.

And also i hope that the management of Jumia will see this thread someday and buckle up their belts because the competition is real.
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by zion32(m): 12:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Both are thieves, although konga is the lesser thief.

4 Likes

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 1:03am On Jul 05, 2016
zion32:
Both are thieves, although konga is the lesser thief.

You should desist from making random accusations.

Back up your accusation with proof.

Remember they could see this thread someday and might decide to correct their errors towards you. Moreover, sharing your bitter experiences here may help other potential clients from experiencing same...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by oscillation55(m): 5:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by nobsalis: 5:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Konga and Jumia are scam.... All they do is exploit d gullible ones...:
try payporte and thank me later.
Over cheap they worry d site, sometimes i wonder if they even makes profit. To b candid wit y'all they are more like a charity organization to me.
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by qualified(f): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
nobsalis:
Konga and Jumia are scam.... All they do is exploit d gullible ones...:
try payporte and thank me later.
Over cheap they worry d site, sometimes i wonder if they even makes profit. To b candid wit y'all they are more like a charity organization to me.

you cannot call them scam just to market payporte.

i have bought things from konga on several occasions and i dont regret it, jumia just have high shipping rates. calling them scam without giving us examples isn't good at all both are people's business pls

3 Likes

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by treet209: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2016
augster:

Uboma, if you know all these things you claim, why ask the question on nairaland.
It is obvious you've taken a stand already before asking the question. You can just write a post promoting Konga with reason, critical people like me will understand and applaud your writing, than orchestrating a poll where the judge favors a party and pretends he don't a fair hearing.

3 Likes

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by LordOfNaira: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kunleakinpelu00:

The bolded is not true. Almost all my electronics were ordered for on the Konga website. Never have they brought an item with a different colour from the one ordered by me.

I have never tried Jumai so I can't say. But Konga has never disappointed me. Their delivery is very fast as long as you don't order goods during some long public holidays. They only ship during working days and weekends. But if you order a good on say Good Friday, you will have to wait for Tuesday (since Monday would definitely be a public holiday—Easter Monday) for them to start shipping your goods to your destination. You can even track the goods in transit.

3 Likes

Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by uboma(m): 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
treet209:

Uboma, if you know all these things you claim, why ask the question on nairaland.
It is obvious you've taken a stand already before asking the question. You can just write a post promoting Konga with reason, critical people like me will understand and applaud your writing, than orchestrating a poll where the judge favors a party and pretends he don't a fair hearing.

This thread has my experience with both Julia and Konga.

And yes, for me, shopping on Konga makes more sense than Jumia because the prices of items and cost of delivery are pocket friendly.

I also decided to leave my question open so as to sample the views of others who have firsthand experiences. Look up the comments, some members have also confirmed my claims.

And the primary aim of this thread is to also pass a message to Jumia. It is high time they review their prices.
Re: Konga Versus Jumia! Which is more pocket friendly? by Uwem2009(m): 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hmmm..interesting topic. However i have shopped with both of them, and i still feel comfortable shopping with jumia, from their quick resolution to issues, to their fast delivery and also their items are cheap.

I bought an item that was delivered to me in abuja and i paid 500 for shipping fees and in my items about 2 were cancelled and they immediately called me and gave me a free voucher worth 1000 to use in my next purchase for the inconvenience. I will stick to what rocks my boat

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 8540p Core I5 2.5ghz,500gb/4g/dvdrw/wifi/bluth/wt 1gb Dedicated@60k / A Neat Nokia X3-00 For Sale @ 13,800naira / Universal Internet Mifi All Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.