Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

My Last Boy Friend And I. (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Last Boy Friend And I. (A Short Story) (1163 Views)

My Friend's Mother And I (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Last Boy Friend And I. (A Short Story) by Iphekitan(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hy guys. This isn't about me neither did I. Write it.
It's about a female friend of mine. And she wrote it herself, but she isn't on this platform. Encouraged her to write a story and this is her first piece, short though. But we need all the comment we. Can't get from you guys.

All credits to Dopepopz.com
All Right Reserved 2016

Written by Wealth

In 2015, when I was 15years, I broke up with my boyfriend. Timi and I had been together for 3 years, and there was no good reason to end. Things. He was an exceptional person, intelligent, good - looking, loyal and kind. My friend, many of whom have someone dating were confused and surprised, I was also confused and surprised. To account for my behavior, all I had were tangible yet undeniable conviction something was missing, I was to small to do some things.

That period, thing were unpleasant. I barely ate for sobbing all the time. I missed Timi desperately, his calm and sure voice, the sweetly fastidious way he folded his shirts. But on good days, I felt that I'd done the right thing. Learning to be alone would make me a person. On bad days, I feared I would be alone forever. But the questions have been asked by many is that, what led to my break up ?.

It was a question I don't want people to ask me because the reasons was not as good to say, I can't say the reasons without crying but there was a day a very good friend of mine, kept asking and demanding for an answer, because she said "she never want me to break up with the guy", she almost got me angry on that fateful day. She kept imploring me to tell her. But I has no choice that to tell her. I told her to promise me never to tell another person in which she did immediately. I am about to tell the story of my last boyfriend , she paid a rapt attention to me. Her concentration wasn't altered even by the noise of the children in the neighborhood playing and laughing out loud outside.

I changed the position I was sitting, I told her how much I loved Timi, I still do, I told her much I suffered myself just because of Timi, I told her how much I spend my time with him almost daily, I told her how I skipped classes because of him.

She pestered me to tell her more, to tell her the things we did together. I didn't want to because I felt I was our private life, but I did tell her a little, I told her about the first day I kissed him. The kiss lasted for a very long time and I had my lips in another colour, I told her how we smooched and lots more...

I told her the way I treated his siblings especially her sister, who was my best friend then, we do things in common then. I told her how we met in a love garden (a corner in mystreet), how I was shy to kiss him publicly.

But the real problem I faced for the good 3 years was that, Timi wasn't satisfied with all I did and gave him. He rather double dated, which I disliked a lot, he kept dating different types of girls day by day, and this made me jealous. He always give me the excuses like he wants to please his sexual urge, which I was unable to do. I cried almost every night thinking about him, I never concentrated on my studies anylonger. I call him severally and his number was always busy, I would angrily disconnect the call, and resolve to thinking about who he was talking to for that long. I knew he saw my missed calls but he always fail to call back.

There was a day I logged unto his facebook account. Then a message from a girl he was dating in his church came in. I was so sad, and I didn't know what else to do. I cried and cried all through the night and was unable to sleep. I could bring myself to call or text him that night. Just because I didn't know what to do, I know I would react in another way and he will expect me to beg him, in which I can't do.

Then I visited him and next day, I told him everything, he was shocked and started pleading, I didn't know what to do, he told me it was a real relationship he was having with her. I was disheartened and I asked for a break in our relationship. He pleaded with me, and told me he will sort things out which he never did.

Someone who attended their church, who was also a classmate of mine told me what they both do together in church, how they both walk around hand in hand. I wAs shocked and yet I never reacted.

It was later in the year, around christmas time, we were together, we chatted for hours, played roughly, hugged, kissed and even smooched. Then all over a sudden, I told him I wanted a break up again. It was like he was expecting it this time. It was like he doesn't love me like before. It was like this new girl has taken away all his attention from me. My own timilehin doesn't care anylonger. He said he wasn't willing to hurt me anymore. Which wasn't an excuse to me. Well since he agreed this time around to us breaking the relationship. I wasn't really happy with it deep down, but I just have to let go.

His sister didn't believe it when I told her, because of the way he saw us behaving some minutes earlier, even his elder brother, they never thought we could break up, but when their brother (my timi) doesn't love me anylonger, I had no choice.

For some days, I was really devastated, I wasn't myself, I was trying to figure out if it was all a dream or if all that happened was real.

I thought about the three years we spent together. Thought of how I spent my money on him. It was like I was duped, but it's nothing.

My classmates who knew we were dating never believed me when I informed them we broke up. They kept asking what happened ?

And I answered saying "Love Left Us".

I never stopped loving him till date. But I had to force my self and make myself believe am over it. We still talked, and chat like friends, but with no string attached. I just love him for who he his and who he was. But had to let go.

The End

http://www.dopepopz.com/my-last-boyfriend-and-i/

1 Like

Re: My Last Boy Friend And I. (A Short Story) by Osjaay(f): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] u made d best decision mai dear
Re: My Last Boy Friend And I. (A Short Story) by Ayomideen(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2016
best decision,,,Omo d guy fumble o

(1) (Reply)

Short Story : Lust's Lost To Love / My Rag Day Experience / Observation Of An Intentional Victor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.