Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? (1577 Views)

Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University / University Of Ibadan Will Not Admit Pharmacy students This Year.!!! / PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by truth12(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
I noticed that pharmacists are always into drugs selling in nigeria. Do you guys spend 5 years in the university only to come out, create a drugstore and start selling drugs? i don't really know here I'm a bit confused.

Thought maybe you guys should mainly concenterate in creating drugs more. since you are more into medical stuff and all .rather than selling. *ABEG ENLIGHTEN ME!!!
Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by ojun50(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
80 percent sell drugs has psr while 10 percent work in d hospital 5 percent work in a pharmacy shop others still searching for jobs.
Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by Holyfield1(m): 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
ojun50:
80 percent sell drugs has psr while 10 percent work in d hospital 5 percent work in a pharmacy shop others still searching for jobs.
You better stop saying what you don't know...You ever seen an unemployed graduate of Pharmacy?

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by ojun50(m): 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Holyfield1:
You better stop saying what you don't know...You ever seen an unemployed graduate of Pharmacy?

stay in nairaland nd be deceiving yr self.
Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 05, 2016
Well, its not that easy to start manufacturing drugs. It demands much capital...just like starting up a private clinic. Selling drugs seems to be a much cheaper way to start up after graduating. My own view though.

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by Dunsin89(m): 2:45am On Jul 05, 2016
The rigours of Pharmacy in a standard Nigerian university is really a heinous and a breath-taking one. But it is so unfortunate that most of Pharmacy graduates end up as owners/dispensers in Drug stores, and hospital dispensary workers. While a very few work as Lecturers, NAFDAC or NDLEA officials. But the vast majority work in many other feilds that just require you been a graduate of one course or the other and some other into innovative enterprise business. You can see from the above data that "they" are all scattered around like hydra tentacles.
When it comes to manufacture Drugs, that's far from being true. Though they may know the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics or the pharmaconogsy of the drugs. Most drugs we use are mostly from India with distributor/agents offices mainly sited in Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by calculator123(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
produce what. it is like u want to compound our problems.abi.when most of what they were thought was only theoretical with little ot no practice

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by truth12(m): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
NAWA OOOOO!!
Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by phaamsaam: 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lots of ignorance displayed on socials...like the above response it takes huge capital n research to succeed in the manufacturing aspects..no pharmacist would beg for food or be poor..you can take that to the bank..I am a pharmacist... We have lots of pharmacists who are making waves in manufacturing ..Vatican is a good example... With good investment in the drug manufacturing industry we would promote indigenous drug research and manufacturing also herbal medications and chance discoveries...I rep the most lucrative and diversified profession in the world
Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by phaamsaam: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
No other profession is as lucrative and diversified as Pharmacy... The lawyers die in courts doctors in hospitals nurses in hospitals engineers on site and engines.. Pharmacists could go into as much as 10 sub-practice.QED
Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by ERCROSS(m): 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Holyfield1:

Boss,
Maybe you should create a vacancy which has a Bsc Pharmacy as it's requirement and you will marvel at the number of Applicants. Even some medical doctors,Engineers,Professors etc are unemployed, u kon dey talk wetin u no knw.
No dey talk dat shiit again abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by Edroom: 12:04am On Jul 06, 2016
No job, they do that to create job for themselves.
Re: Do Nigerian Pharmacy Graduates Sell Drugs Or Create Them? by truth12(m): 6:38am On Jul 06, 2016
phaamsaam:
Lots of ignorance displayed on socials...like the above response it takes huge capital n research to succeed in the manufacturing aspects..no pharmacist would beg for food or be poor..*you can take that to the bank*..I am a pharmacist... We have lots of pharmacistes who are making waves in manufacturing ..Vatican is a good example... With good investment in the drug manufacturing industry we would promote indigenous drug research and manufacturing also herbal medications and chance discoveries...I rep the most lucrative and diversified profession in the world

SORRY, i don't underatand ooo.Wetin pharmacist wan do for bank?

(1) (Reply)

Furious Driver Drove After Thugs That Tried To Rob Him And Crushed Him Till Deat / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship / Lagos State Polytechnic (laspotech) HND Full-time 2017/2018 Merit List Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.