Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,239 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu (660 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Intercontinental Bank Manager Offers Maurice Iwu N50million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by slap1(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2009
Yes. I am bold to say it. All Nigerians who had criticized Maurice Iwu, the INEC chairman, should tender apology. After going through a questions and answer sessions within myself I came to this conclusion. I have decided to present the same questions I asked myself on this forum. A few of the questions are

1. Was Maurice Iwu responsible for the guy that snatched the ballot box in your village? Did he send them from Abuja?
2. The man’s job is to announce the result of the presidential elections ONLY, so he is unconnected with the gubernatorial elections. If PDP thugs hijacked voting materials, voted in he bush and brought them back to the polling centers and they are collated and announced by the Resident Electoral Commissioner (who is not answerable to Iwu in the first place) with the PDP winning, what business of Iwu is that?
3. Iwu’s job is to announce the results he got. So, even if ANPP, PPA, AC, et al took upper hand in the number of thugs and, consequently, secured a good number of ‘votes’ Iwu would declare them winner(s) because that is what is on ground. Etc, etc, etc. we should just leave the man alone as the problem is with the political class and the weak security system in the country
4. Finally, before anyone crucifies him, let them first take a look at the laws establishing INEC and know the powers at its disposal.
As an aside, I believe Iwu is the best man to conduct our elections and that the next elections would be better. I’m taking a bow. . . . .
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by bilymuse: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2009
you are a fool, if you have nothing better to write take a jump
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Poster, we definitely should apologise to Iwu. It is not his fault, but our fault for wanting free and fair election in the year 2009! grin grin
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by MrCrackles(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
Poster
Yes can you please convey the apology to him
If you can, please tell the vagabond to rot in the deepest and most ferocious part of hell fire. . . . .
Thanks
Buncha fucking retards!
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
Mrcrackles

Do u always have to curse. Its almost like ur trademark, just like Becomerich and maps
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Goldmind1(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
This goes to Slap1. Mr. Iwu is the greatest liar in Nigeria for declaring election results in Anambra and Enugu states, where there were no voting. Senator Ken Nnamani was seriously crying that he was denied his right of franchise, and you are here singing praises for Iwu. I wonder if you ever read newspapers. Try saying this in the public or at Newspaper stands and you'll hardly come out without bruises. I suggest that you read dailies and listen to news properly before you can come online to say anything.
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by MrCrackles(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2009
Xavier.:

Mrcrackles
Do u always have to curse. Its almost like your trademark, just like Becomerich and maps
If it is necessary, i will spray my mack 10's. . . .
Now post ontopic please. . .  wink
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by posakosa(m): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

If it is necessary, i will spray my mack 10's. . . .
Now post ontopic please. . .  wink

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by MrCrackles(m): 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
posakosa:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked No homo
wink grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
Pakosa

Blowing another guy a kiss,aint that gross?
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by desgiezd(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
Why dont you receommend Iwu[b]ruwuru[/b] to Mr. President for the highest national award in the land, afterall the president is one of his wuruwuru beneficiaries.
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Pataki: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
A deliberate attempt to annoy the mind of the sane. Is Iwu still alive? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by illusion2: 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
Slap1,everything in your post belies any iota of rational thinking . . . . I hiss in Hausa ! angry
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by DisGuy: 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
these northerners must be removed cant they get someone from the south to head INEC? tongue
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
Oh please sharrap people!!!

Each person here needs to be busy preparing an apology letter to Iwu, and Yar adua as well. We need to apologize to him for holding him to his word on the Seven point agenda. HOW Dare you all expect that man to honor his promises to Nigerians? Who do you people think you to deserve success on Yar adua's seven point agenda? Are you even human beings that you feel you ought to be treated like so?  cry cry

You all deserve to be imprisoned for requiring that iwu give you free and fair election. In fact, sentenced with hard labor for expecting Yar adua to deliver on any of his many promises. How dare you?? grin
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by abiodunade(m): 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
It is so disheartening that somebody just chose to be typing stupid topic on this forum, Iwu should bury his head in shame for failing to conduct credible elections in Nigeria. It goes beyond just to announce the results of elections, but it also involve to put adequate mechanism in place for the elections to be free and fair so that the wishes of the masses or people can prevail. People like Late Gani, Beko etc lived for the attainment of democracy and credibe elections, which will leads to institutionalization of functioning and performing good governance to the people. as a matter of national interest, Iwu and Yar'adua should apology to Nigerians for bring shame to the country during the last elections.
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by DisGuy: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
abiodunade:

It is so disheartening that somebody just chose to be typing stupid topic on this forum, Iwu should bury his head in shame for failing to conduct credible elections in Nigeria. It goes beyond just to announce the results of elections, but it also involve to put adequate mechanism in place for the elections to be free and fair so that the wishes of the masses or people can prevail. People like Late Gani, Beko etc lived for the attainment of democracy and credibe elections, which will leads to institutionalization of functioning and performing good governance to the people. as a matter of national interest, Iwu and Yar'adua should apology to Nigerians for bring shame to the country during the last elections.

lets be honest, he cant do that when the law maker dash thugs money, gun and bus to threathened the people come election day, the electoral bill is not in the hands on INEC chairman its somewhere btw the president and the legislators
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by abiodunade(m): 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dis Guy:

lets be honest, he cant do that when the law maker dash thugs money, gun and bus to threathened the people come election day, the electoral bill is not in the hands on INEC chairman its somewhere btw the president and the legislators
I totally disagree with you, if you are appointed by Mr. President as INEC Chairman of a country, you are bestowed with enormous responsibilities to conduct free, fair and credible elections that will reflects the people wishes. As INEC Chairman, you have access to Mr. President to provide adequate security for the atmosphere to be conducive for the elections to be free and fair. The problem is that most of this people simply refuse to do what is right for the Nation because of their own selfish agenda,
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2009
Iwu is a dishonest, disgusting liar and coward.
Over 90% of Nigerians are even worst than him! cool

Who really deserves an apology in nigeria if not kids under the age of 4.
Re: Nigerians Should Apologise To Maurice Iwu by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2009
It is the duty of the leader to appoint and make sure that all that works for him are people with credibility, they are people of values and are people that can do the jobs and not those that will sell their souls to the devil for money.
So Iwu needs to know what is going on and make sure it is preventable.

(1) (Reply)

Best Is Dead / Need A Soulmate / Who Told Them To Bring Journalism To Ekiti?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.