Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu (626 Views)

Army Forces Al-mustapha To Retire - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu by bilymuse: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2009
[size=19pt]Retire from active politics, APGA advises Ojukwu -[/size]

Calls for Obi’s resignation
Jude Ossai, Enugu - 08.09.2009

THE National Chairman of the All Peoples Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Chekwas Okorie, has called on the former presidential candidate of the party, Chief Emeka Ojukwu, to retire from active politics and play a fatherly role in the present politcal dispensation.

Speaking with the Nigerian Tribune in Enugu on Monday, Chief Okorie also asked Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State to resign, arguing that he had no party having been expelled from APGA by the national leadership of the party.

Chief Okorie, who reaffirmed his utmost regard for the ex-Biafran leader, lamented the roles the Ikemba played in intra-party crisis that had engulfed APGA, stressing that he should not have taken side with his rival, Chief Victor Umeh, in creating unhealthy relationships in the party.

According to him, “time has come for Chief Ojukwu to withdraw from partisan politics by virtue of his roles in the history of Nigeria and Igboland.”

“When I pleaded with him to retire honourably so that his respect will be intact, he refused. The time has come for him to retire. I have taken risks because of him in the past and I think I’m very close to him,” he added.

Chief Okorie also advised members of the Anambra State House of Assembly to “initiate the impeachment process of Governor Obi,” adding that APGA was very happy to offload the governor and other heaps of rubbish.

On the rumours making the rounds that Obi’s deputy, Mrs. Virgy Etiaba, was making moves to dump him (Obi), Okorie advised Etiaba to tarry a while. I will advise her to tarry a while. I urge the state House of Assembly to ask Governor Obi to resign immediately or initiate an impeachment process against him. He does not belong to any party again. If the House of Assembly has any credibility, if they love their state, now that Obi has been expelled, he should be asked to resign,” he added.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/08092009/news/news19.html
Re: Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu by bilymuse: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2009
The shameless coward wont retire, he is far too interested in the in the pecks from politics, rather than the welfare of Igbos
Re: Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu by udezue(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2009
Billyfool, since you are not Igbo or anything close to Igbo (Easterner) kindly shut your mouth when it comes to issues affecting us.

Ojukwu, should yes stay outta politics. His prime is over but I still respect him.
Re: Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu by bilymuse: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
This is the final confirmation of Ojukwu's uselessness, even the party colleagues recognise the fact
Re: Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu by Fhemmmy: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
Na wa oh.
Re: Retire From Active Politics, Apga Advises Ojukwu by bilymuse: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
The APGA people are realising why Mr. Onoh , Bianca's father, refuse to allow Ojukwu to marry his daughter. Mr. Onoh (blessed memory) knew Ojukwu is useless, self centred and care less about anybody. He uses the Igbo cause as a platform for his own personal gain. Some fools who cannot see beyond their nose still think his a hero.

Any political party will die to have somebody of Ojukwu standing as a member, but APGA are diplomatically telling Ojukwu to please step aside, your service is no longer required. Thank God for APGA, they now know the truth:The bald headed fool is a coward, divisive element and lack conscience.

(1) (Reply)

Sam Egwu Must Go / Questions Cbn Cannot Answer! / Obasanjo's Succesful Third Term Bid Or Yaradua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.