Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC (1485 Views)

How Do I Manage My Savings Account? / How To Develop A Savings Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC by chygoz3(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
I have a savings account with First bank and just recently, i got charged an account maintenance fee, which I know is only applicable to current accounts.

I got in contact with them and was told that the fee is charged on savings accounts that record a high volume of transactions monthly.

I am aware that the common thing obtainable with savings accounts in banks is that if you withdraw more than a certain number of times in a month, the interest will not be paid on the account for that month.

So it's not just enough that the interest on the account is not paid anymore, I am now being charged even further?

Can anyone confirm if the same is applicable with savings accounts at other banks or is First bank trying to play a fast one on me?
Re: Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC by thunder74(m): 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
They did that to me too. We are at their mercy. CBN is part of the scam.
Re: Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nigeria banking system is poor
Re: Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC by ice234: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
They did that to me, I complained to their complaint team and wrote to consumers protection council. They reversed the charge after a week. I was ready to hire a lawyer. I was ready to give them a bad image.

1 Like

Re: Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC by chygoz3(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is totally unethical and something should be done about it.

ice234:
They did that to me, I complained to their complaint team and wrote to consumers protection council. They reversed the charge after a week. I was ready to hire a lawyer. I was ready to give them a bad image.
I will do the same and question why a savings account would be treated as a current account only when it is in the interest of the bank and not of the customer.
We cannot keep quiet on issues like this unless it will continue.
Re: Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC by zuzuonyi: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
ice234:

I have just towed the same line with you. Waiting for the response from their complaints team before the next step. Nansense!!!
Re: Account Maintenance Fee Charged On Savings Account At First Bank PLC by ice234: 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
Were you successful?

zuzuonyi:

I have just towed the same line with you. Waiting for the response from their complaints team before the next step. Nansense!!!

(1) (Reply)

Fear Grips Nigerians In MMM, Others As Ponzi Website, Ultimate Cycler, Crashes / Invest In Razzelttion Healthcare........easy Investment..... / Best Worldwide Peer To Peer (donation) Program | 30 or 65% in 2-7 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.