Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean? (1362 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Nurses Always Rude And Mean? / 16-Year-Old Girl With Lipodystrophy That Makes Her Look 60 / Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean? by dewoy: 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
pls help
Re: My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean? by naijacann: 6:03am On Sep 09, 2009
Hey
Creatinine clearance and Blood Urea Nitrogen tests, mainly measures how well your kidney is functioning.
Creatinine is usually excreted from the body when we urinate and so when we start having kidney problems,
it begins to accumulate in our blood instead of being excreted.
The usual standard serum(blood level) range is between 56-106 umol/L. This means that if yours is 60 as u said, your kidney is functioning well.
If it is well above the range, this is an early sign of kidney malfuction, which could lead to kidney failure.
If it is well below the range, it is a sign of muscular atrophy(muscle wasting), hyperthyroidism, muscular dystrophy and lack of dietry protein(we mainly see this situation in the older pple.)
Hope this helps.
(HEY, I'M A NURSE IN CANADA).
Re: My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean? by dewoy: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
thanks
bt i tot the lower the more risky
pls i wanna be double sure
Re: My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean? by naijacann: 5:48am On Sep 10, 2009
No, although both lower and higher levela arn't good;
but in terms of kidney fuctioning, you dont want your serum(blood level) creatinine to be high.
As i said b/4, high levels indicate that ya kidney is not able to clear it out through excretion and that is not good.

(1) (Reply)

Doctor's To Operate ‘parasitic Twin’ Found In Stomach Of 3-year-old Peruvian Boy / Boost Your Child’s Brain With Food / Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.