Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls (5624 Views)

5 Most Important On-page Seo Tips / SEO Process - Increase Traffic On Page And Off Page Tips / On-page SEO: 10 Techniques To Optimize Your Blog Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by VocalWalls: 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
On page optimization is your own way of talking to Google bots... As per not disappointing the bots when they come calling at your page. Google bots work with keywords, thus, whenever they crawl a page, they look out for what makes that page spectacular.

To support your on-page seo, here are a few angles of your post to really look out for.

1. LSI variations
2. H1 H2 tags
3. Image optimization (alt text)
4. Url optimization
5. First paragraph
6. Word count
7. Title optimization
8. Meta Title

1. LSI variations...

Now when you want to write a post and you are targeting the keyword how to make money

First off, do a Google search of that term, you will get the LSI variations.

These are those suggestions at the bottom page of search results, they can be (how to make money fast, hot to make money online, how to make money quickly.....)

Now write your post while including all these terms in one way or the other. For high readability, use shorter sentences, make sure your keyword is in your first paragraph... Then scatter the keyword and the LSI inside the body of the post... But don't make it excess....

2. H1 H2 tags.

Bots read commands, and H1 means higher priority, H2 is lower than H1, H3 is lower than H2... That's how it continues as per hierarchy.

Your post title is H1 by default...

Other parts of the post are 'normal'... Those who use ckeditor should have observed this.

Make sure you use H2 for all your sub topics... When they bots see H2, they understand that this particular stuff is important. But you can't use h1 because it will confuse them on what exactly your topic/Post title is...

3. Image optimization:

Use your keywords to save your image... That is, image name/title e.g. how-to-make-money

Never use a space, so the bots don't read them separately, use the - so they understand that this is all in one

After uploading your image, you will see a place for alt text, put in the keywords the same way, without space

4. Url optimization...

Do not let WordPress choose your URL for you after every post, choose it yourself...

Your URL must have your keywords. E.g

http://www.vocalwalls.com/buy-best-sofa/

Here I was targeting the keywords 'buy best sofa'

(Please note that to target a certain country, you have to talk or write like them, some countries use 'purchase'... I was targeting nigeria here, and na buy we dey always buy things.

5. First paragraph

As I earlier stated, your first paragraph should have your keyword, it is the first thing the bots crawl, they should not be disappointed.

Pro tip... Write the whole first paragraph in H2

6. Word count

The more, the better, we already know this

7. Title optimization.

Make sure your keywords are in your title, and at the beginning of the title.

How to make money online

Don't form effizzy and say

Are you broke? See how to make cash

8. Meta tags/title..

This summary must have your keywords and some LSI variants, squeezed into 150 characters. It is the brief summary of your post people see when they do a Google search

After following these 8 steps, beg two or more relevant blogs with high DA for 2 or more backlinks, crawl your post through webmaster... And relax.

You would have done a keyword research. Check your competition, if your blog has a better standing, then you will easily knock them off

But if them pass you, go for LongTail keywords like

How to make money online without stress

With more words are less competition

Mtn cheat

Has more competition than

Mtn opera mini cheat 2016

Credits: www.vocalwalls.com

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by robot1: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
nice post
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by benniearinze: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
smiley nice post bro
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by gidimasters(m): 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
ok
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Good read. It's a pity peeps won't read this but they will be rushing Adsense like smh
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by GloShare(m): 4:27am On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks for this. Lalasticlala...
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by veekid(m): 6:37am On Jul 10, 2016
Our mods don wake
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by webincomeplus(m): 6:45am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by yorex2011: 6:45am On Jul 10, 2016
Nice
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by wendycindy(f): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2016
Cool
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by maximunimpact(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2016
First how to post making sense in recent memory
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by Mediapace: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2016
Awesome wink
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by Orikinla(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2016
The richest bloggers in Nigeria Don't bother about SEO.
They simply make noise to publicise their blogs.
SEO did not make money for LIB,, Bella Naija, Laila and Ladun.

1 Like

Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by ITbomb(m): 7:09am On Jul 10, 2016
Nigerian Bloggers and Copy-and-paste be like.

No time for SEO, just copy, paste and off to facebook to blast the groups and nairaland to scare the spambot

1 Like

Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by Dashur: 7:11am On Jul 10, 2016
Great stuff. How do I use an h2 for sub-heading on WordPress.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by Emasky4real(m): 7:11am On Jul 10, 2016
VocalWalls:
On page optimization is your own way of talking to Google bots... As per not disappointing the bots when they come calling at your page. Google bots work with keywords, thus, whenever they crawl a page, they look out for what makes that page spectacular.

To support your on-page seo, here are a few angles of your post to really look out for.

1. LSI variations
2. H1 H2 tags
4. Url optimization
5. First paragraph
6. Word count
7. Title optimization
8. Meta Title

1. LSI variations...

Now when you want to write a post and you are targeting the keyword how to make money

These are those suggestions at the bottom page of search results, they can be (how to make money fast, hot to make money online, how to make money quickly.....)

Now write your post while including all these terms in one way or the other. For high readability, use shorter sentences, make sure your keyword is in your first paragraph... Then scatter the keyword and the LSI inside the body of the post... But don't make it excess....

2. H1 H2 tags.

Bots read commands, and H1 means higher priority, H2 is lower than H1, H3 is lower than H2... That's how it continues as per hierarchy.

Other parts of the post are 'normal'... Those who use ckeditor should have observed this.

Make sure you use H2 for all your sub topics... When they bots see H2, they understand that this particular stuff is important. But you can't use h1 because it will confuse them on what exactly your topic/Post title is...

3. Image optimization:

Use your keywords to save your image... That is, image name/title e.g. how-to-make-money

Never use a space, so the bots don't read them separately, use the - so they understand that this is all in one

After uploading your image, you will see a place for alt text, put in the keywords the same way, without space

4. Url optimization...

Do not let WordPress choose your URL for you after every post, choose it yourself...

(Please note that to target a certain country, you have to talk or write like them, some countries use 'purchase'... I was targeting nigeria here, and na buy we dey always buy things.

5. First paragraph

As I earlier stated, your first paragraph should have your keyword, it is the first thing the bots crawl, they should not be disappointed.

6. Word count

7. Title optimization.

How to make money online

8. Meta tags/title..

This summary must have your keywords and some LSI variants, squeezed into 150 characters. It is the brief summary of your post people see when they do a Google search

After following these 8 steps, beg two or more relevant blogs with high DA for 2 or more backlinks, crawl your post through webmaster... And relax.

You would have done a keyword research. Check your competition, if your blog has a better standing, then you will easily knock them off

Mtn cheat

I agree with your points Op. I have a question for you. How can one identify h1, h2, h3 title in a post? In other words, give examples of h1, h2, and h3 title.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by GEJmustGO(f): 7:17am On Jul 10, 2016
Seo is outdated, seo is for big website, don't waste ur time on seo, u only rank for keyword u never thinkof
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by lordtriplee(m): 7:17am On Jul 10, 2016
Really nice post.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by arterxerxes: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2016
What is LSI? Is it everyone that can understand? Haba, let us try to make things simple
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by lordtriplee(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2016
Really nice post.

Good job!

For those asking what LSI is:

Latent Semantic Indexing. Like OP said, they are related searches to your main search. You can use this toolong to help. http://lsigraph.com
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:37am On Jul 10, 2016
I tried reading..the more I read the more it looks like spanish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by iproject(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2016
A must Read for every Day Traffic hussle

Bless you
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by Youngzedd(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2016
Cool stuff.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by Fingerprinter(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Still in the spirit of SEO, read about the world's highest waterfall here http://www.worldfunfacts.com/2016/07/angel-falls-in-venezuela-worlds-highest.html?m=1
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by VocalWalls: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2016
Orikinla:
The richest bloggers in Nigeria Don't bother about SEO.
They simply make noise to publicise their blogs.
SEO did not make money for LIB,, Bella Naija, Laila and Ladun.

That's why they hardly rank for anything. Their traffic is direct.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by VocalWalls: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2016
Emasky4real:

I agree with your points Op. I have a question for you. How can one identify h1, h2, h3 title in a post? In other words, give examples of h1, h2, and h3 title.

They are always bigger and bold.

You should see the functions in your editor.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by VocalWalls: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
I tried reading..the more I read the more it looks like spanish

It's easy sir.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by VocalWalls: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2016
GEJmustGO:
Seo is outdated, seo is for big website, don't waste ur time on seo, u only rank for keyword u never thinkof

You can know what keywords people are searching for, and optimize for them.
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by GEJmustGO(f): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2016
VocalWalls:

You can know what keywords people are searching for, and optimize for them.
u r new
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by VocalWalls: 9:43am On Jul 10, 2016
GEJmustGO:
u r new

If you think so.

I tried to see your blog if I could learn one or two things, but it's not what I expected considering that you're 'old' in the game.

I would never think to return, your colors hurt my eyes, your write-ups aren't original contents...

I'm guessing your traffic source is Facebook or other social channels? Anyways, you need to invest in your blog... It's not okay.

2 Likes

Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by GEJmustGO(f): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2016
VocalWalls:

If you think so.

I tried to see your blog if I could learn one or two things, but it's not what I expected considering that you're 'old' in the game.

I would never think to return, your colors hurt my eyes, your write-ups aren't original contents...

I'm guessing your traffic source is Facebook or other social channels? Anyways, you need to invest in your blog... It's not okay.
ok is linda , seun and bella naija doing seo or earn more than them?
Re: The A B C Of On-Page Seo - Vocalwalls by bobojoshua(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2016
VocalWalls:

1. LSI variations
2. H1 H2 tags
4. Url optimization
5. First paragraph
6. Word count
7. Title optimization
8. Meta Title

1. LSI variations...

2. H1 H2 tags.

3. Image optimization:

4. Url optimization...

5. First paragraph

6. Word count

7. Title optimization.

How to make money online

8. Meta tags/title..

Mtn cheat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 8 Book Review Blogs In Nigeria / SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) / How To Get A Prepaid Visa Card In 30 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.