Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced (29076 Views)

10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... / Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by ajibowo11(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2016
vodutive:

next on ban should be okada and keke marwa
lol bt marwa should not be ban cos they wont even tresspass by plying highways
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Appareil(m): 11:53am On Jul 06, 2016
Chai!!!! The world is rounding up. Decisions to make life harder!!!!!!
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pavore9:

The reduction in sales with affect profit which will certainly have ripple affect on the running of the company.
Yeah it will affect it. But there are other strategies that can adopted to continue in business. Businesses shouldn't depend on or use just one form of strategy all time because they have to consider other variables .A very good example is what Lagos state government just did now to street trading. Haven't you wonder that inspite of government stiff penalties in Telecom sector MTN ,Glo and others still survive? Why do think Ariel rebrand their products even though the content remains the same
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pavore9:

The reduction in sales with affect profit which will certainly have ripple affect on the running of the company.
Yeah it will
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by asidere(m): 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
The ban on hawking in Lagos is good cos Lagos is like a second capital of Nigeria.I think the govt of Lagos need to provide jobs for those hawkers or else the governor may not return for a second term.
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by jojothaiv(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
Na garri dem suppose ban sef...
Awon eni ti o gbadun...

And na dem go open their yeye mouth dey talk about high level of unemployment!

Well the positive thing in this hula balo is that "everything has its time"
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Jung(m): 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
thatchick:

In civilized countries, commuters don't spend 2- 3 hours in traffic. There are other means of transportation. The masses don't commute packed in buses.

babe pls do your research well... Google Search "countries with the highest traffic congestions in the world". this is not peculiar to our country alone. get your facts right. don't type to make a point. type to make your point valid.
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nigeria politicians are just inconsiderate. Creating policies that affect the masses that put them into power. This politicians should stop creating problems for the poor masses. This is Nigeria, where 90% of its population survive by hustling,Lagos cannot look like London by creating this type of policy.
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
ajibowo11:
lol bt marwa should not be ban cos they wont even tresspass by plying highways

They should all be banned including Danfos too, the Lawlessness and indiscipline exhibited by street traders, okada, keke marwa and Danfos contribute to making Lagos a chaotic and stressful place to live commute and work.
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by ajibowo11(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
vodutive:

They should all be banned including Danfos too, the Lawlessness and indiscipline exhibited by street traders, okada, keke marwa and Danfos contribute to making Lagos a chaotic and stressful place to live commute and work.
yep the govt are trying to ban danfos indirectly that the reason for the state is bringing in aair conditioned bus that ply the same route as the danfos cheaper fare and drivers that are sane so if u are the one which one will u go for
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by thatchick: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
Jung:

babe pls do your research well... Google Search "countries with the highest traffic congestions in the world". this is not peculiar to our country alone. get your facts right. don't type to make a point. type to make your point valid.

Some of these countries don't have hawkers selling their wares in traffic? And most of these countries don't have other means of transportation and depend mostly on road transportation? And all these countries are civilized? Please always read to comprehend before attacking others.
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by winj: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Mcowubaba:

That's not always the Case......

there is a small margin for:
losing jobs and income
losing parents
falling on hard times you cannot control.

BUT most civilized people will project what their jobs/incomes/resources will be and take steps to have the CORRECT amount of kids

Any 1diot Nigerian who has kids 1st then say "god dey" and born children into INSTANT poverty and hardship should be charged under human rights laws.

I checked how much I earn, I made arrangments for the right accomodation and savings before proceeding to have children.

If you cannot afford children DO NOT HAVE any for the sake of having children!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Mcowubaba: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
winj:

there is a small margin for:
losing jobs and income
losing parents
falling on hard times you cannot control.

BUT most civilized people will project what their jobs/incomes/resources will be and take steps to have the CORRECT amount of kids

Any 1diot Nigerian who has kids 1st then say "god dey" and born children into INSTANT poverty and hardship should be charged under human rights laws.

I checked how much I earn, I made arrangments for the right accomodation and savings before proceeding to have children.

If you cannot afford children DO NOT HAVE any for the sake of having children!
U have a very good point....
But I was talking in reference to the person I quoted.......
Nigerians have a long way to go in terms of family planning...
I knw a keke Driver, that is not even really serious with his transport business nd his wife is not even gainfully employed, every year the are giving birth, the have 5 children now, the wife is currently pregnant again with the 6th, sad 2 of the 5 children hawks pure water, 1 assists the mom in frying akara, the remaining 2 looks malnourished...... L

Just bringing Children into the World to suffer nd cause more nuisance...
As Nigga.a Raw said in a song 'More money more problems, but if you no get Money, you go be problems to those wey get'
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by kiddkash(m): 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Gala is the new crack cry
you sure that's gala not crack
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by EhlWITTEE: 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
Business Insights

For a good business person, bad economy equals good business.
The economy has been bad for over 10 years but there are still so many people becoming billionaires almost overnight and some former millionaires are now millionaires

Here are the tricks http:///29hzUGt
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by murmee: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
vodutive:

next on ban should be okada and keke marwa
I second. Especially that menace called Okada.
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by blackprowler: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
Lucario007:
Good thing I don't live in Lagos. grin
On a more serious note though, It is a step forward in the right direction, though its a rather hard one to make. You can never spot hawkers on the streets in civilized countries, however, there should be some sort of way to recompense the massive loss of jobs and/or revenue this decision will make.

In civilised countries, people without means of livelihood can expect help from government to stay alive. You are a joke; you don't know shishi. You're like Ambode, only worse
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by mfm04622: 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
DollyParton1:

I agree street/highway hawking is very dangerous.
I get on the road mostly when am hungry with assured hope of getting any of those sausage roll brands and a bottle of chilled soft drink.
How person wan take cope now.

Plan ahead! Also, there are shops that will sell whatever you need for you.
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:23am On Jul 07, 2016
eazydon:
Lagos State Government is back again with their efficient poverty alleviation tactic;

Its that type where they get to eradicate poverty by eradicating poor people.

So what are the impications of this ban?

1. You are going to starve to death inside Lagos traffic.

Eat before you travel

2. If you don’t starve, your sweat will kill you inside Lagos traffic.

Because nobody to even sell handkerchief. But to the more important things;

Buy hanky from area

3. Jobs will be lost.

Those aren't jobs

You might not know, but you see thousands of street traders every week. From the hundreds hawking in traffic, to your favourite boli or roasted corn woman. To that dude carrying yoghurts on his shoulder to sell. All of them could either choose unemployment or a 90,000 naira fine.

Once ojoro cancel buyers will go and meet hawkers on side roads or petrol stations

4. Remember UAC foods? Those guys that have been making Gala sausages since forever?

Yep. A significant part of the revenue the generate happens in traffic. Imagine what would happen when they don’t make as much Gala because demand has fallen. Jobs. Will. Go.

5. Have you ever seen a traffic seller chasing a car before?

If he loses his job and decides to start chasing people and snatching their bags, how will you catch him?

Our elders say,

The progress of our society is not only by what the elite few accomplish, but by the standard of living of the masses.

What do you think about Lagos State Government’s new street trade ban?
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by KissCODE(m): 3:07am On Jul 07, 2016
ReabridCharles:
It's a move in the right direction but without a plan B, am afraid it only adds more salt to the injury of Nigerians....
right direction? Huuum!

What do you that would have been the right direction?
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by Jung(m): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
thatchick:

Some of these countries don't have hawkers selling their wares in traffic? And most of these countries don't have other means of transportation and depend mostly on road transportation? And all these countries are civilized? Please always read to comprehend before attacking others.

Babe, there was nowhere in your comment that suggested anything outside traffic congestion and packed buses used for commuting. if that was not your intent, then you should have said so. experience and perception are extremely subjective. I cannot read your mind. the least I could do was to draw a conclusion from your statement about traffic. No mention of street hawking as far as I'm concerned. just traffic. my intent was not to attack, but to reprove reporting without facts. #Daz-all
Re: 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced by tonio2wo: 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
harrysjones:
hw much last bro....mention me back
I was given 2days ban for posting dat. U would av given me a call na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Would Contest Against Buhari In 2019? / Boko Haram Terrorists Gunned Down After Fierce Shootout With Soldiers. Photos / Olusegun Osoba: How Fake News From Foreign Media Triggered 1967 Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.