Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

“I Am Ready To Pass The Baton” Says Barack Obama As He Campaigns With Hillary - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / “I Am Ready To Pass The Baton” Says Barack Obama As He Campaigns With Hillary (611 Views)

Barack Obama's Tweet On Charlottesville Becomes Most Popular Tweet Ever(Pic) / Cindy Lee Campaigns Topless As French Presidential Candidate (Photos) / Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Am Ready To Pass The Baton” Says Barack Obama As He Campaigns With Hillary by UPDISTIC7: 12:31am On Jul 06, 2016
Today a “fired up” President Barack Obama had his first campaign with his former Secretary of state who hopes to succede him as he took the stage in North Carolina today to add his support for his onetime political rival Hillary Clinton, He was greeted by the crowd with thunderous applause. Obama appeared onstage with Clinton in Charlotte after he had lend her a ride from Washington on the Air Force One thereby confering his popularity on his candidate who seems to be struggling to win voters’ trust.
Several times, Obama rallied the crowd using his signature campaign chant from 2008: “Fired up, ready to go!”
The recent news from the FBI that they weren’t going to recommend charges against her for using a private email server for government correspondence when she was secretary of state, gave her a boost. The FBI Boss had made reference to the action of Democrats candidate as careless but not criminal.
According to Hillary, She said she has known Obama in many roles and called him “a friend.” “I was honored to stand with him in the good times and the hard times,” she told the crowd in Charlotte. “Someone who has never forgotten where he came from. And Donald [Trump], if you’re out there tweeting, it’s Hawaii.”
Clinton was the first to speak and then introduced Obama, who spoke for almost twice as long as the presumptive Democratic nominee.
Obama never once mentioned the Republican rival, Donald Trump, by name. But Obama seemed to enjoy his return to the campaign trail as he showed how good he used to be in the past campaign.
“Everybody can tweet. Nobody actually knows what it takes to do the job until you sit behind the desk,” said the president, making a veiled reference to Trump. “Sasha tweets, but she doesn’t think that she thereby should be sitting behind the desk.”
He repeatedly slammed the billionaire for his conduct during th ecampaign. I know the other guy talks about making America great again. America’s really great,” Obama said. “This is a choice between whether we are going to cling to some imaginary past or whether we’re going to reach for the future.”
While making a reference to Trump’s past role as host of the realty TV show, “The Apprentice,” Obama remarked: “This is not a reality show. This is not entertainment.”
Obama called Clinton “steady and true” and said she’s in politics for the same reason he is, to help others. He took a swipe at Republicans who “don’t really know what the guy is talking about,” making yet another reference to Trump.
“You ask them, they’re all like, ‘I don’t know.’ Then they kinda duck the other way. Am I joking? No.” Going a step further, Obama told the crowd in North Carolina, a battleground state, that “this isn’t even a choice because the other side has nothing to offer you.”
When the crowd booed as Obama made reference to the presumptive GOP nominee, the president shot back at the crowd, “Don’t boo, vote.”
During her remarks, Clinton looked back to 2008, when she contested against Obama in the primaries and lost, leading to her playing an active role campaigning for Obama. “When it was over, I was proud to endorse him and campaign for him. And I’ll never forget when he called me the Sunday after the election and invited me to come to Chicago and asked me to become secretary of state,” she said.
Obama took the stage asking the crowd if they were “fired up and ready to go.”. “Fired up? I am. I’m fired up. Hillary got me fired up. She got me ready to do some work.” He said.

SOURCE: http://www.naijasilvergold.com/blog/2016/07/05/i-am-ready-to-pass-the-baton-says-barack-obama-as-he-campaigns-with-hillary-for-the-first-time/

1 Like

Re: “I Am Ready To Pass The Baton” Says Barack Obama As He Campaigns With Hillary by chriskosherbal(m): 2:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Practical Democracy.

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Ready To Pass The Baton” Says Barack Obama As He Campaigns With Hillary by ademusiwa5: 2:16am On Jul 06, 2016
She is OK.

1 Like

Re: “I Am Ready To Pass The Baton” Says Barack Obama As He Campaigns With Hillary by princemillla(m): 3:10am On Jul 06, 2016
Simplicity + maturity = Barack Obama.
" dont boo, vote! " I love that.

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Ready To Pass The Baton” Says Barack Obama As He Campaigns With Hillary by rifasenate11(m): 4:01am On Jul 06, 2016
Can't see such in this country

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Truth Behind Obama's Invasion Of Libya / Gaza Rocket Hit Israel, But Does Not Kill Any Jew / Donald Trump, China And The Destiny Of America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.