Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,196 members, 7,867,459 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

What’s The Best Way To Console Someone Who’s Mourning? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What’s The Best Way To Console Someone Who’s Mourning? (384 Views)

Best Way To Answer An Atheist As A Christian. / We’re In Mourning, Adeboye To Olawales’ / The World Is Mourning Muhammad Ali — Even Anti-muslim Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What’s The Best Way To Console Someone Who’s Mourning? by ItuExchange(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2016
Manners and Etiquette: What's the best way to say "I'm sorry for your loss"?

The first thing I want to point out is that saying "I am sorry for your loss" or any other version of it (which I will get into) is really important.

I recently had a death in the family and felt that every loving word helped hold me afloat. So show up. It matters.

The best way to say "I'm sorry for your loss" is to keep it simple, honest, and if possible, personal. Such as "I am so sorry for your loss. I will always remember your father's grace and his gift for language".

Or, if the person didn't know my father "I am so sorry for your loss and am happy to swing by and give you a hug at your convenience".

If you want to offer to help, be specific. "I would love to come drop off some food" or "I will be running errands tomorrow - can I pick up something for you?"

A person grieving is a person overwhelmed by the smallest things so take something off their plate.

Finally, if your gesture does not receive a response make it not matter. It's hard to reply to everyone, even though you feel infinitely grateful for every little thing.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Manners-and-Etiquette-Whats-the-best-way-to-say-Im-sorry-for-your-loss

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: What’s The Best Way To Console Someone Who’s Mourning? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 06, 2016
Leave them alone and never say a world to them.. Cos all those sorry, sorry, sorry form of condolences aggravate their grieve.

(1) (Reply)

Online Sunday Service. / Wake Up Fellow Muslims; Time To Ask! / OAU Brethem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.