Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta (15892 Views)

Tony Nwoye Escapes Assassination Attempt In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Dino Melaye Escapes Assassination Attempt In Kogi As Gunmen Invade His Home / Raymond Dokpesi Escapes Assassination In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by dre11(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Alexander Okere and Ovie Okpare

One of the governorship aspirants in the just-concluded All Progressives Congress governorship primary in Edo State, Mr. Casely Omon-Irabor, on Tuesday escaped an assassination attempt in Delta State.

It was gathered that gunmen broke into his home in Enerhen, Uvwie Local Government Area of the state in the early hours of Tuesday and destroyed many valuables.

Omon-Irabor, is a rights activist and a Warri-based legal practitioner, who recently ventured into politics.

He was a one-time senatorial candidate for the Edo Central Senatorial District under the platform of the Citizens Popular Party.

Sources close to the APC aspirant told our correspondent that a modern iron protector and walls mounted around his house were destroyed by the suspected assassins to enable them to gain access to his home.

The Warri-based lawyer confirmed the incident to our correspondent when contacted on the telephone on Tuesday.

While narrating his ordeal, he said, “I was dragged to a point where the gunmen shot at me. They thought that the bullet hit me but fortunately it did not but I pretended that I was dead. Before they left, they molested my family members.”

The politician was however grateful to God that he survived the ordeal and no life was lost to the incident.

Efforts to reach the spokesperson for the Delta State Police command, SP Celestina Kalu, proved abortive as her telephone number was not connecting.

Meanwhile, ahead of the governorship election in Edo State, a former governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Maj. Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (retd.), has berated the leadership of the party over its comment on the administration of Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

A chieftain of the PDP, Chief Tom Ikimi, had during the inauguration of the PDP’s governorship campaign in Benin on Monday, attributed Oshiomhole’s re-election in 2012 to the benevolence of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, whom he said, allowed the governor to coast to victory.

But Airhiavbere, who contested against Oshiomhole at the polls, said that the leaders of the PDP “sold Oshiomhole” to the residents due to their “inordinate ambition.”

“They sold Oshiomhole to the Edo people four years ago because of their inordinate ambition. Today, they are not talking about Edo people, they are talking about how Oshiomhole betrayed them. It was because Oshiomhole did not agree with them to give Osagie Ize-Iyamu the ticket,” he said.

He added, “I was the candidate of the PDP in the 2012 governorship elections. For Pastor Ize-Iyamu and Tom Ikimi to say former President Jonathan is an anti-party leader is unfair. They were unfair to Jonathan as a President of this country and a leader of the PDP at that time.”

http://punchng.com/edo-apc-gov-aspirant-escapes-assassination-attempt/

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Benikuuse(m): 9:22am On Jul 06, 2016
That is when the fear of the unknown struck EDO PDP

3 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by SeverusSnape(m): 9:23am On Jul 06, 2016
APC trying to assassinate their own member, Or could it be staged?.

APC means Assassinating People constantly.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Dcomrade(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2016
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Dcomrade(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2016
APC, a party of thugs and assassins grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by labamo07(m): 9:27am On Jul 06, 2016
Am smelling tension in the forthcoming guber elections in Edo. FG should take precautionary methods, people take elections on Nigeria as do or die. Maka gini....................

7 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by flokii: 9:47am On Jul 06, 2016
This Edo elections go tough o..

Hope we dnt get to see another "Riversdecides" play out

4 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by seguno2: 9:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Benikuuse:

Did you not read?
Or did you not understand what you read?

7 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by brunofarad(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2016
Thank God. For your life tho

Politicians and violence
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by sayyid(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2016
They thought that the bullet hit me but fortunately it did not but I pretended that I was dead.

Hmmmmmm that is to tell us that this man get odieshi

24 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Pyno30: 9:48am On Jul 06, 2016
Maybe next time he will be caught. He should thank his sters.
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Young03(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2016
video of the aaaasination attempt or ur lying

10 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Young03(m): 9:50am On Jul 06, 2016
[i] video of the assassination attempt or ur lying[/i
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Benikuuse(m): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2016
seguno2:

Did you not read?
Or did you not understand what you read?
don't be silly my friend do you know what my comment mean? Hmmm i don't accuse like your useless rascals
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by markDT2(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2016
testimony things
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Dandsome: 9:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Chai

So of a truth we're back to the Era of assassination??

Shame on APC and PDP. Shame on corrupt politicians... Well, what am I saying?? They're all corrupt

3 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by tolulope1990(m): 9:53am On Jul 06, 2016
Benikuuse:
But this APC aspirant can lie sha ooooo
The assassins thought the bullet hit you but it didn't.....this happen when your herbalist is from Ijebu. Ayeta plus odechi

15 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Qmerit(m): 9:53am On Jul 06, 2016
He withdrwn from apc primary he didn't buy form.
so, who must have been responsible.?
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Mopolchi: 9:57am On Jul 06, 2016
Who wan kill am?
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by AlPeter: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2016
The bros no yarn everytin how bullet go miss am like dat. Hin don go meet one iye for villa I tell una dos benin maales no dey joke.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2016
While narrating his ordeal, he said, “I was dragged to a point where the gunmen shot at me. They thought that the bullet hit me but fortunately it did not but I pretended that I was dead. Before they left, they molested my family members.”

Many of us don't read between the lines. That was not an assassination attempt, it was more or less a warning to him, just like it happened with Mrs Dokpesi.
If they wanna kill him, we would be typing RIP by now.

2 Likes

Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 06, 2016
I don't know if I'm the only one observing the fact that GOOD NEWS HARDLY COMES FROM THE SOUTH SOUTH these days,

If not NDA blowing up pipeline installation, it's expatriates being kidnapped, or jungle justice meted out or cultists beheading people wantonly or primaries going inconclusive or political assassination.

Watch out for more assassinations as the Rivers rerun and Edo gubernatorial elections draw nigh.
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by AlPeter: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2016
tolulope1990:

But this APC aspirant can lie sha ooooo
The assassins thought the bullet hit you but it didn't.....this happen when your herbalist is from Ijebu. Ayeta plus odechi
ijebu? Dat one na correct benin winch tin.
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Chicent(m): 10:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Always watch your back dude..... Ala ari nma
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Kunberg: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2016
Thank God
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by freemanbubble: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2016
OK
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Rip to the bullet that didn't kill you.
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by HomeNecessities(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Serious..
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by FagsamPHP(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2016
k
Re: Casely Omon-Irabor Escapes Assassination Attempt In Delta by tolulope1990(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2016
AlPeter:
ijebu? Dat one na correct benin winch tin.
Benins are mere Msc holder in it while Ijebus are professors and doctors in it

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Problems APC Will Grapple In 2017 - Daily Trust / “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon / Issa-Onilu: PDP Not Happy Because They Won't Share Abacha's Loot As Usual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.