Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is (33452 Views)

Declare Kogi Oil Producing State Now - Lawmakers To Buhari / Rivers Is Not Edo, Oraye Tells Amaechi / See What Was Spotted At Rumuigbo Junction,Portharcourt,Rivers,Is This Safe?(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by back2sender: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Brendaniel:
I blame the people of Niger Delta for their problems, what more do they want?

1. Ministry of Niger Delta affairs
2. NDDC
3. Their states have the highest of allocations from the federal government.
4. The big oil companies still give the state government and traditional rulers various financial assistance.

And yet they cry that the federal government is neglecting them

How?

Their governors and big boys of these ministries and agencies enrich themselves so much from the same money the federal government is providing to cater for these same set of people crying marginalization, yet they never hold their leaders accountable, they protect them and even cry foul when the federal government tries to hold their leaders accountable for these funds given to them,

Let's ask ourselves these question, since the creation of these ministries, Agencies and bodies responsible for the Niger Delta. Has there ever been any complain of under-funding, including the states themselves, they still receive the highest till date,

So who is the fool here?
And its an outsider a corper that is doing advocacy for the community. This is why education is important even though its not a means to an end.
Am sure the corper is not from niger delta but he has dem it right to speak for them while thier sons and daughters keep looting the resources that would have been used to develop niger delta.

1 Like

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by ogmask: 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
mmsen:

During GEJ Akwa Ibom and Cross River states did well. There was a lot of construction going on in Bayelsa too.

r.

Pls mention some projects that were on going in bayelsa during GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Rexnegro(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
Brendaniel:

2. NDDC
4. The big oil companies still give the state government and traditional rulers various financial assistance.

How?

Their governors and big boys of these ministries and agencies enrich themselves so much from the same money the federal government is providing to cater for these same set of people crying marginalization, yet they never hold their leaders accountable, they protect them and even cry foul when the federal government tries to hold their leaders accountable for these funds given to them,

Let's ask ourselves these question, since the creation of these ministries, Agencies and bodies responsible for the Niger Delta. Has there ever been any complain of under-funding, including the states themselves, they still receive the highest till date,

So who is the fool here?
#Gbam...You Have said it all bro. which Niger delta avengers And all militants can See This Your comment And Have a new turn And start to face to their so called leaders at all level including local govt chairmen, nothing but the truth is embedded in Your comment :
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by mandarin: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Haha this is unacceptable. I think more youth corp members should give us stuffs like this so as to expose the hypocrisy of our leaders. This is an abomination really and I think all d human right activists, environmentalists and NDA should start asking questions from Niger Delta leaders, NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta.
This is really appalling!!
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
cornoil:
Many communities in Niger Delta are in this same state, GEJ really disapointed his people, with his 6 yrs in governance Niger Delta should ve turned to London by now.
Bro I know Gej should av done better but oporoama was worst than this before he came on board at least there was no sign of electric pole talkless of electricity due to its location. it was in his tenure were electricity reached that community and the electricity supply was about 18 to 22hrs per day till about one year ago when GEJ lost his election light has not reached that community since he stepped down that is why most people in that community blames buhari for it. N/B oporoama is in my local government and that is where my grandmother is from. Have a wonderful day
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Abagworo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
cjrane:
[size=15pt]
Yes, it may not have all happened under Buhari. But it is the same mindset of his fellow Fulani generals and coupists that ruled Nigeria with the sole goal of stealing from the south to develop the north.

The money stolen from this desolate place produced shining cities with multiple flyovers in Abuja and Lagos.

Little wonder why the Niger Delta is angrily demanding true federalism or self determination.

[/size]

You are wrong. What exactly is the difference between States creation and true federalism apart from possible increase in available loot for political class? The people of present day Rivers State including Oproama thought Igbos used their money to develop Enugu and other Igbo cities at the expense of places like Oproama prior to Biafran war. They celebrated in absolute frenzy when Gowon created Rivers State with the belief that with Igbos out of the way, they will have more money to work with. Till this day Rivers State's monthly income is equivalent of combined monthly income of some geopolitical zones or precisely 5 SE States combined. Why is Oproama still this underdeveloped?

Do you believe that further increase in available funds for political class will develop Oproama? I don't think so. It will rather lead to bloody war because of the people's present mindset of earning without working.

1 Like

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by adecares(f): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pls, the federal government shouldn't be blame for virtually everything, someone should tell me what the local govt is doing with its allocation.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
adecares:
Pls, the federal government shouldn't be blame for virtually everything, someone should tell me what the local govt is doing with its allocation.
Thank you this is what brought about lack of electricity in oporoama and Asari-Toru LGA as a whole. the people are demanding that the lg should be responsible for payment of light bills which the lg av been shouldering for some time while the lg is now complaing of lack of funds.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Chisilities(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
veekid:
E no concern me
Of course e no concern you now but your turn go soon reach.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by anethcharly(m): 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
Brendaniel:

2. NDDC

How?

So who is the fool here?

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by adecares(f): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
worldmoney:
Thank you this is what brought about lack of electricity in oporoama and Asari-Toru LGA as a whole. the people are demanding that the lg should be responsible for payment of light bills which the lg av been shouldering for some time while the lg is now complaing of lack of funds.
What can I say, considering the cost of crude oil this days, cost cutting everywhere, but seriously are u saying some people are enjoying free electricity, i hope its been provided for in its budget while not neglecting or in the expense of other amenities like good road and potable water.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by connkg(m): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
Half the people here criticised the increased number of Hausa-Fulani/ Northern appointments. Why? They wanted appointments to be more evenly distributed.
Such people on this thread condemn the former President for "doing nothing for his home-base for 6years".
Do you want a home-base interest or a rounded one? Then like one President in your criticism!
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Proffdada: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/s]

And after looking at OSUN your love for OBJ grew immensely, right?

It's called 'hypocrisy'.. Get over it!
u can't justify that with blatant cluelessness. Jonadunce is an emasculated simpleton...get over it

1 Like

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Ayo8(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
Op should upload pictures of houses of their king, chiefs and youth leaders before we criticise govt.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Proffdada: 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
Jacko01:
Nobody should open his goddamn mouth and blame jonathan
Lightning fire any one who does such myopism
This is a culture that gas gone on from past leaders
Did shell start wen Jonathan was in tenure

We do not hold this multinationals responsible so they can do as they please
No framework for checks and balances
If not ogoni had some powerful ppl... Shell would neva have cleaned up.
This cannot go on in common ghana
Or angola.... They too have oil bit their communotoes feel the impact of chevron and co
Our greedy leaders caused this..... All the senators and reps and military adminstators and commisioners and local govt chairmwn etc..... Hellfire is waiting for them

But to blame Jonathan lightning again fore that person such hypocricy
As if buhari will do anyfin about this as well lubbish

Infact niger delta avengers bomb evry pipeline
Wen i see this..

Ppl feeding this country suffer like dis..... Infact nda bomb dey go
you're the blind one here if others have myopia. Os buhari from niger delta? Did buhari ruled for six years even in time of oil boom?did buhari sit back and watch corruption become fantastic? Did buhari use oil money to build almajiri schools instead of social amenities for the communities in niger delta?
I think that lightning will fire you first for your complete hypocrisy undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
The name Nigeria is like a curse!
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Ojiofor: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
kikake:
Check out another southsouth-southeast federal road.

GEJ fall we hand.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by lailo: 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
Brendaniel:

2. NDDC

How?

So who is the fool here?
U have forgotten Amnesty programme

1 Like

Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Adminisher: 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
donbenedict:
Hmm, is buhari waiting for me to come and clean this place?

The PDP governed for 16 years and destroyed the Niger Delta. This Oporoma town you see, if you fly by air from PHC you will see the most agriculturally rich rain forests (not salt water swamp) in Nigeria. There is a world class rice farm established in the 60s/70s at Peremabiri. This area is so blessed in everything apart from oil that it makes me angry to discuss.
They are where they are because of PDP and an empty man called Goodluck Jonathan.
Just to make things clear, there was also a man called Melford Okilo who was Governor of Rivers State when Bayelsa was not created . That man, the natives of this place admit did more for the LGAs that later became Bayelsa when oil was much cheaper and Rivers was much bigger. Okilo is the template that ND governors should be following.

The truth is very BITTER but we will continue to say it. The problem with Nigeria Delta was Alamieyesegha and the leadership he gave to the quite clueless Jonathan.
Jonathan will always copy any body who was his master.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by victorazy(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
cornoil:
Many communities in Niger Delta are in this same state, GEJ really disapointed his people, with his 6 yrs in governance Niger Delta should ve turned to London by now.

Mistake that will hunt him forever unless he got another chance (I doubt)
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by damon222: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
AntiWailer:

Tompolo was collecting Multi Billion Naira contracts and can not do anything to the environment they claim they are struggling for before they hit jackpot.
What ever you may tell Nigerians about Tompolo or anything about GEJ government, we will prefer them provided Nigerians were not exchanging their children, their lace matertials, their wrest watches, their vehicles, motor bike etc for a bucket of rice, bucked of garri, for meat etc. I will prefer Tompolo, GEJ, provided the banks, the construction companies etc. were not sacking their workers. I will prefer Tompolo or GEJ provided my tenants can affors to pay my rents, my neighbours cannot meet me every week begging for assistance etc. Tufiakwa to you and Buhari
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Rhea(f): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
That is the legacy behind by Rufus Ada George, Dauda Komo, Musa Shehu, Peter Odili, Celestine Omehia, Rotimi Amaechi and currently being left by Wike. They are all alive. The blame should be squarely placed on them. Rivers is the richest state in Nigeria by far. None of these people have ever been asked to account for their stewardship of the state. And none probably will, until we take Nigeria by storm and gett hings right by force
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by AntiWailer: 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
damon222:
What ever you may tell Nigerians about Tompolo or anything about GEJ government, we will prefer them provided Nigerians were not exchanging their children, their lace matertials, their wrest watches, their vehicles, motor bike etc for a bucket of rice, bucked of garri, for meat etc. I will prefer Tompolo, GEJ, provided the banks, the construction companies etc. were not sacking their workers. I will prefer Tompolo or GEJ provided my tenants can affors to pay my rents, my neighbours cannot meet me every week begging for assistance etc. Tufiakwa to you and Buhari

The bolded is the only communication u attempted.

As usual, Empty Vessel, no analytic argument. Just put in some tribal sentiment and a little abuse.

Typical
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
adecares:

What can I say, considering the cost of crude oil this days, cost cutting everywhere, but seriously are u saying some people are enjoying free electricity, i hope its been provided for in its budget while not neglecting or in the expense of other amenities like good road and potable water.
oporoama is surrounded by water so roads are not needed
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by dom(m): 4:18am On Jul 07, 2016
sainty2k3:

I know you are aware of NDDC . this commison has never been chaired by foreigner or northerner, many president especially yaradua and GEJ pumped a lot of money into this, what can this commission show us as achievement. they will rather invest in white elephant project neglecting the basic need of the people

White elephant projects? Ever been to the Niger Delta? Juxtapose the oil exploration occasioned devastation and degradation therein with the money NDDC gets, vis-à-vis the money PTF got in the 90s and used to develop mainly the north. Let's keep pretending and playing the Ostrich in Nigeria. The day of reckoning cometh.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by damon222: 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
AntiWailer:

The bolded is the only communication u attempted.

As usual, Empty Vessel, no analytic argument. Just put in some tribal sentiment and a little abuse.

Typical
I have explained to you that I will go for GEJ's government where severe poverty will not allow Nigerians to exchange their kids for half bag of garri, rice, kerosine, etc. Where my tenants can comfortably pay my rent because the firms they work for will keep their employment. Where Nigerians will not thief a boiling pot of soup for severe hardship because one government is very incompetent. Because a government takes more than eight months to appoint ministers that are living the same room with him. Where a Buhari will senselessly tell the world that there are states with unemployable Nigerians. Where living is worthless and meaningless because a government is only and even openly instigating and cause the opposition to go down. Take a look every where, there are so much groanings, frustrations and hopelessness and you are asking analytic argument.
I prefer millions abi high degree of corruptions provided all of the above and those not mentions are available to all Nigerians. And live is worth living.
Re: Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is by AntiWailer: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
damon222:
I have explained to you that I will go for GEJ's government where severe poverty will not allow Nigerians to exchange their kids for half bag of garri, rice, kerosine, etc. Where my tenants can comfortably pay my rent because the firms they work for will keep their employment. Where Nigerians will not thief a boiling pot of soup for severe hardship because one government is very incompetent. Because a government takes more than eight months to appoint ministers that are living the same room with him. Where a Buhari will senselessly tell the world that there are states with unemployable Nigerians. Where living is worthless and meaningless because a government is only and even openly instigating and cause the opposition to go down. Take a look every where, there are so much groanings, frustrations and hopelessness and you are asking analytic argument.

I prefer millions abi high degree of corruptions provided all of the above and those not mentions are available to all Nigerians. And live is worth living.

You will wait till 2023.

I can see how versed u are to sacrifice the future generation for fuel, rice and soup.

See what ur complains are about, no infrastructure notin apart from pot of soup, bag of garri etc. Nothing for the future just ur stomach and now !!

No wonder you support those who put u in this miserable state in exchange for soup and garri.

You need to format ur mentality and reinstall new things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki At Idris Ajimobi And Fatima Ganduje's Wedding (Photos) / Gunmen Kill Female Police Officer In Akwa Ibom / Obi-Datti Bread To Be Distributed In Edo (Pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.