Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA (768 Views)

Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now / How-to: Download And Upgrade Your Gionee M5 To Marshmallow Android 6.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by agabaI23(m): 10:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Please guys, I need help on how to go about this. I received an alert that Android 6.1 update is available. Three times i successfully i downloaded 1 gig update, 3 times the installation failed. Has it anything to do with the region it was launched (where it was bought) and my change of location?
Thank you
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by mcversatile(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Ehmmm
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by agabaI23(m): 10:11am On Jul 06, 2016
mcversatile:
Ehmmm
Meeeehe, I am waiting tongue
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by kabasa77(m): 10:37am On Jul 06, 2016
Maybe u can flash it manually using Odin
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by agabaI23(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2016
kabasa77:
Maybe u can flash it manually using Odin
Sorry, I don't understand the flashing thing. Phone is barely a month old and runs on lollipop 5.1.1.

Odin is a software I guess? Complications?
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by kabasa77(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2016
Before you flash, read extensively about how to do it on line and yes Odin is a samsung flashing tool.. Its virtually easy if you understand it well. But make sure you download the exact firmware for your phone before flashing. It not hard bro.. By the way how much did you get the samsung galaxy s5 neo, it seems it's not a very popular version of S5
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by lynxnoon(m): 10:55am On Jul 06, 2016
install Samsung Kies on ur PC and use it to update your phone.
Odin too is a good software to use ...google on who to use Odin.
cheers
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by agabaI23(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2016
kabasa77:
Before you flash, read extensively about how to do it on line and yes Odin is a samsung flashing tool.. Its virtually easy if you understand it well. But make sure you download the exact firmware for your phone before flashing. It not hard bro.. By the way how much did you get the samsung galaxy s5 neo, it seems it's not a very popular version of S5
Yea, you know samsung sometimes release different versions of a product in different regions. It was bought in Germany actually for 300 euros

Thanks for your input
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by agabaI23(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2016
lynxnoon:
install Samsung Kies on ur PC and use it to update your phone.

Odin too is a good software to use ...google on who to use Odin.

cheers
Thanks
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by kabasa77(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2016
That's why people flash the firmware manually cos waiting for the release for your region cam be a pain.. And in your case, manual flashing is the best option if Kies fails
Re: Samsung S5 Neo Won't Update To Marshmallow OTA by agabaI23(m): 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lynx noon kabasa77
Thanks
Downloaded Kies. The latest version doesn't recognise my phone so the automatic setting didn't work. Did it manually.

Upgraded...

Thanks guys.

(1) (Reply)

Snapchat Allegedly Exposing Kids To Sexual Contents / I Got These From Mtn / Where Can I Upload A File For Others To Download Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.