Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend (546 Views)

Andrew Robertson Reaches UCL Final 6 Years After Tweeting About Being Jobless / Power Uti Arraigned For Killing His Wife, Locking Up Corpse To Decompose / PSG Forward,angel Di Maria,sentenced To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by AprokoReporters: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2016
A South African Court headed by Judge Thokozile Masipa has Sentence Oscar Pistorius has been sentenced to six years in prison for the murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp today Wednesday (6th of July 2016).

Pistorius was facing a possible 15-year jail term for shooting Steenkamp through a toilet cubicle door at his home in 2013, but Masipa said substantial and compelling circumstances existed in the double-amputee Olympic runner's case to give him a lesser sentence.

Steenkamp's parents, Barry and June, were present in the courtroom, which was packed with relatives of both Pistorius and Steenkamp and other observers.

In reading out the sentence, Judge Masipa said Pistorius was a "fallen hero."

The judge ordered a recess to give prosecutors and Pistorius' defense lawyers time to decide if either wanted to appeal the sentence.

Source : http://bleekswap.com/oscar-pistorius-sentenced-6-years/

Re: Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by Sugarcious(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2016
like play like play, this guy don go jail o!! Its very painful losing your daughter to a trigger happy dude. If it was in Nigeria am sure the case will go under the carpet.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by vinelli(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Justice!!!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 06, 2016
I wonder what drives some pple 2 kill. i wont even kill my enemies cos life is borin witout dem
Re: Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by gabazin080(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2016
gloria34:
I wonder what drives some pple 2 kill. i wont even kill my enemies cos life is borin witout dem

even your enemies?
pray you are not robbed or raped at gun point
Re: Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 06, 2016
gabazin080:

even your enemies?
pray you are not robbed or raped at gun point
u are ryt dear. Pray 4 me, and i say a big amen 2 ur prayers
Re: Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2016
Just six years? undecided

He deserves the maximum jail time!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 6 Years For Killing Girlfriend by Tedofficial(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
He was lucky to get 6years. He should have gotten more imo.. Piers Morgan said if Oscar was black and not famous he would have gotten life imprisonment, I agree.

(1) (Reply)

Full Goal Highlight Chelsea FC - West Ham United EPL - 08-15-16 / Japanese Billionaire Gives Siasias And Mikel Big Cheques / FCMB Renews Sponsorship Of COPA Lagos Beach Soccer Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.