Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] (4301 Views)

Top 7 Android Phones In Nigeria With The Best Battery Life / Checkout Infinix Devices With The Best Battery Life. / How To Get Airtel 1.5gb With #50 And 500mb With #25 July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by opideda: 11:55am On Jul 06, 2016
Nothing is worse than finding out that your phone needs a charge at lunch time because it’s almost out of juice. That’s why battery life is an increasingly important attribute for any Android phone, and one that you are likely to take into consideration when making your purchase.
Usually, a phone lasts a full work day with moderate use. But if you use it heavily, you'll need to recharge it more often. Batteries also lose steam over time, running down faster the longer you've owned it. The specter of losing battery -- and therefore losing your communication hub -- is frightening and real.

Even though phones these days can be charged to full in just over an hour, it’s still important to find one that doesn’t need an emergency top up in the middle of the day. Our list of the Android phones with the best battery life surfaces devices which are sure to last as long as your day does, and — in some cases — longer.

It’s only right that a phone with one of the biggest internal batteries we’ve ever seen tops this list. But even phones with smaller batteries have a lot of tricks up their sleeves to make sure you can go all day. Be sure to take a look at all the contenders with the link ahead.
Note: These phones have been ranked by battery capacity, but that is not the only factor we considered for being included in the list.

1. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Samsung is the first company to bring its 2016 flagship smartphone. The phone maker has updated the specification sheet, and refined the whole glass and metal design that was introduced with the Galaxy S6 range in 2016.
The phone is now waterproof, and allows microSD cards of up to 200GB. Samsung has used an all new Exynos 8890 SoC on the new Galaxy S7 Edge, and there is 4GB of RAM along with 32GB of internal storage. It features an AMOLED display with 2560x1440-pixel resolution, but the screen size has been increased from 5.1 inches to 5.5 inches.
This has allowed Samsung to increase the battery size from 2600mAh to 3600mAh, which allows it to offer better battery life. The biggest change in the phone, though, is the new 12MP Dual Pixel camera, which shoots amazing photographs even in low light.
Battery: 3600 mAh
Key Features:
• Fast performance
• Great camera
• Top-notch build quality

2. Nexus 6P

The Nexus 6P is Huawei’s first attempt at a Nexus device, and they knocked it out of the park. This is the first time a Nexus can truly claim the title of best Android phone. It has an excellent camera, beautiful, big display, and a charming design. If you don’t mind big phones, this is the one to get.
Battery: 3450 mAh
Key Features:
• Great camera
• Insanely fast performance
• Beautiful display

source: http://simmyideas.com/android-phone-best-battery-life-july-2016/

Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Sorry bro,those are not the phones with the best battery life. Do your research well and you will come across phones with 5000mah battery capacity,check out the Tecno W4 for starters

4 Likes

Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by UniqueGem(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
SETHWORLD:
Sorry bro,those are not the phones with the best battery life. Do your research well and you will come across phones with 5000mah battery capacity,check out the Tecno W4 for starters
Tecno na phone?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
You should check out Infinix Hot note series (4400mah) and gionee Marathon 5 (5020mah, 6020mah).
Techno na wetin?

2 Likes

Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Xhaka(m): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Smh.. when phones like L8 has 5050mah battery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by shurlar50(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
Where is Gionee Splus? Ehn
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
What many people do not understand is that mtk phones are more power hungry than snapdragon phones. Galaxy s7 with snapdragon 820 and 3,600mah battery is more power efficient than some mtk phones with 4,500 or even 5,000mah battery. This is why manufacturers making snapdragon phones don't bother adding monster batteries.

I know mtk has improved it's power efficiency with the helio x10, but there is no tecno phone running on helio x10, gionee m5 doesn't run on helio x10 either. Many of those Chinese oems just like deceiving users with monster batteries and multiple cores. I want to see an mtk phone with qhd display (or even FHD) and 5,000mah battery put against a galaxy s7 edge or LG g5 with snapdragon 820 with 3,600mah battery let's see the one that will give more battery life.

4 Likes

Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
SETHWORLD:

Battery capacity alone does not determine the battery life of a phone, it also depends on the processor. Just like megapixel alone does not determine the quality of a picture or why do u think nexus 6p and galaxy s7 with 12mp outperforms blackberry priv with 18mp and Sony xperia z5 with 23mp. Mtk phones are more power hungry than snapdragon. Mtk improved with helio x10 but tecno w4 does not use helio x10. To make up for the shitty processor tecno had to put a shitty 720p display on the w4. They should make it 1080p and let's see the battery performance.
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by osenbarak: 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
they are a lot of Chinese brands that have better battery life
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Habiodunz(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Itel SomethingBig 5000mAH grin
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by bqlekan(m): 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
Battery life of a mobile phone depends on the processor on it.. Some phones with 2600mAH battery may last longer than some others with 4000mAH battery. Take some MTK phones for example, their so call large batteries hardly last for 6 hrs.

I'd rather go for snapdragon or intel processors with 3000mAH than any shitty 6000mAH on an MTK processor, (Nigerian flagships)

2 Likes

Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
bqlekan:
Battery life of a mobile phone depends on the processor on it.. Some phones with 2600mAH battery may last longer than some others with 4000mAH battery. Take some MTK phones for example, their so call large batteries hardly last for 6 hrs.

I'd rather go for snapdragon or intel processors with 3000mAH than any shitty 6000mAH on an MTK processors. (Nigerian flagships)

At last there is one person that understands.
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by TaiKuun(m): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
what does this op even know about technology? all you did here is just some subconscious marketing
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
greenhulk:
What many people do not understand is that mtk phones are more power hungry than snapdragon phones. Galaxy s7 with snapdragon 820 and 3,600mah battery is more power efficient than some mtk phones with 4,500 or even 5,000mah battery. This is why manufacturers making snapdragon phones don't bother adding monster batteries.

I know mtk has improved it's power efficiency with the helio x10, but there is no tecno phone running on helio x10, gionee m5 doesn't run on helio x10 either. Many of those Chinese oems just like deceiving users with monster batteries and multiple cores. I want to see an mtk phone with qhd display (or even FHD) and 5,000mah battery put against a galaxy s7 or LG g5 with snapdragon 820 with 3,500mah battery let's see the one that will give more battery life.
. Greenhulk, i dey always dey watch you,anything phone you always knw, how u dey take knw am btw what phone are u using
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2016
SETHWORLD:
Not by 6020mah. Do your research well & you will know that phone running on Marshmallow & Snapdragon with 3000mah can last the same time with phone on Lollipop with 6020mah.
I use HTC 10 with 3000mah & on heavy usage that is livestream, facebook, twitter, bbm & also trade forex with it, it can last for 3 days. You may also want to know that this phone take just 30minutes to charge to 70%
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by bqlekan(m): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
greenhulk:

Don't mind our people, they just jump on any product with so called large battery..
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
pachman:
. Greenhulk, i dey always dey watch you,anything phone you always knw, how u dey take knw am btw what phone are u using

Gracias. Currently I'm using an iPhone and galaxy s6
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
greenhulk:

Gracias. Currently I'm using an iPhone and galaxy s6
Wow. money z good. Hope to get one of all these snapdragon phones. Later. But still a nice one,android + ios. Mine is just java
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by coolestdude01(m): 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
pachman:
Wow. money z good. Hope to get one of all these snapdragon phones. Later. But still a nice one,android + ios. Mine is just java
Hehehe. grin
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
coolestdude01:
Hehehe. grin
Lol,you dont blive, am typing from my tecno t611s, screenshot? I cant do so, hope to get one soon
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by milky3(f): 1:20am On Jul 07, 2016
u ought to add price so as to know how affordable they are
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by kadzin(m): 4:35am On Jul 07, 2016
Isokuso, i dey rock 4040mah ontop my infinix x600.
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Elposeidon(m): 6:03am On Jul 07, 2016
My people..... How na??. ........

I have come bearing good tidings.... Do you know that you can vote for KingInVahaLA for Mr nairaland 2016 and be glad you did?? .... If you don't believe me.... Just vote and if you do believe me.... Then follow your belief and vote
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Obas101(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2016
greenhulk:

Battery capacity alone does not determine the battery life of a phone, it also depends on the processor. Just like megapixel alone does not determine the quality of a picture or why do u think nexus 6p and galaxy s7 with 12mp outperforms blackberry priv with 18mp and Sony xperia z5 with 23mp. Mtk phones are more power hungry than snapdragon. Mtk improved with helio x10 but tecno w4 does not use helio x10. To make up for the shitty processor tecno had to put a shitty 720p display on the w4. They should make it 1080p and let's see the battery performance.

Just a question.. Is galaxy s7 edge more durable than Gionee M5 in terms of battery usage?
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Obas101(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2016
bqlekan:

I'd rather go for snapdragon or intel processors with 3000mAH than any shitty 6000mAH on an MTK processor, (Nigerian flagships)

Pls which snapdragon phone with 3000mah Ba3 last longer than Gionee M5 with 6000mah?
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2016
Obas101:

Just a question.. Is galaxy s7 edge more durable than Gionee M5 in terms of battery usage?

Gionee m5 lasts longer than s7 edge of course in terms of battery, m5 has 67% more battery but the battery doesn't last 67% more than s7 edge. The reason the m5 battery lasts longer is because the m5 has a very poor 720p display while the s7 has a 1440p QHD display. If both phones have the same resolution then their battery life would probably be the same or slightly different.
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 07, 2016
UniqueGem:
Tecno na phone?
Samsung na fone? your heading is even misleading
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by eldino44(m): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2016
greenhulk:

bros. I intend to buy a fone 1 of these days buh im looking for 1 with big battery life. My main priorities are price shuld be within 20 to 30k, 8mp pixel, and long battery life. Pls whats your advice?
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by Obas101(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2016
greenhulk:

Gionee m5 lasts longer than s7 of course in terms of battery, m5 has 67% more battery but the battery doesn't last 67% more than s7. The reason the m5 battery lasts longer is because the m5 has a very poor 720p display while the s7 has a 1440p QHD display. If both phones have the same resolution then their battery life would probably be the same or slightly different.
Okay thanks smiley
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by HyDef(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
Battery consumption depends mostly on your processor and your display.

The display is the hungriest source of power. It's the same thing on a laptop.

The higher your resolution, the more juice it drinks.

Higher your brightness, the more juice it drinks.

Regarding the processor is tricky ground. New architectures have different power consumption ratings, so an octacore processor nowadays could use less power than a quad from maybe 5 years back.

Then of course there's the software optimization which plays it's own role as well.

I love Xperia phones. Never owned one, but I just love em. I use a Gionee Marathon M5. Not what I hoped for, but serves it purpose. Battery life is good, although as Greenhulk said, if you put this 6020 in a SD device, it'll beat it hands down. Look at Sony's battery life despite sub-3000 batteries.
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by citizenY(m): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
fados4sure:

Not by 6020mah. Do your research well & you will know that phone running on Marshmallow & Snapdragon with 3000mah can last the same time with phone on Lollipop with 6020mah.
I use HTC 10 with 3000mah & on heavy usage that is livestream, facebook, twitter, bbm & also trade forex with it, it can last for 3 days. You may also want to know that this phone take just 30minutes to charge to 70%

My brother, his long does it take to fully charge Tecno L8 plus? 1) when it is on and 2) when it is,switched off? Thank you.
Battery capacity is 5050 Amh. Thanks
Re: The Android Phone With The Best Battery Life [july 2016] by joey150(m): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
greenhulk:

I know mtk has improved it's power efficiency with the helio x10, but there is no tecno phone running on helio x10, gionee m5 doesn't run on helio x10 either. Many of those Chinese oems just like deceiving users with monster batteries and multiple cores. I want to see an mtk phone with qhd display (or even FHD) and 5,000mah battery put against a galaxy s7 edge or LG g5 with snapdragon 820 with 3,600mah battery let's see the one that will give more battery life.
i disagree.mtk are not more power hungry. Alot of factors determines a phone's battery life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get 1.5GB On AIRTEL For N500 And More / Infinix S5- I Can't Receive Calls / The Full Meaning Of MTN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.