Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. (1187 Views)

Independence: How To Restructure Nigeria — Pastor Tunde Bakare / Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. / El-Rufai At Later Rain Assembly Church. Pictured With Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
We the youths of this great country should take it upon ourselves to enforce the change we desire, we should not allow the politicians to play on our intelligence, we should make it a habit to keep records of their deeds, remarks and speeches so as to remind them, their children and great grand children what they said and did.

Here was a remark made by Pastor Tunder Bakari of the Latter Rain Assembly in 2006 about President Mohammadu Buhari:

“Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB and this tall one Muhammadu Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of the new.
- Pastor Tunde Bakare in the Punch of Monday, October 2, 2006 Page 8

He became Buhari's running mate in the 2011 Presidential election.

Immediately after Buhari's victory in the 2015 Presidential election in 2015 he said:

“Don’t be deceived by what they say in the paper, a lot happens behind the scene. I agree with you, I have said earlier that my loyalty lies with Buhari and maybe because I am an insider, I know better than you.” - Pastor Tunde Bakari.

https://www.naij.com/375545-elections-2015-powers-blocs-are-behind-buhari-bakare.html

Fast forward to 2016(that's exactly 10 years later) now a staunch supporter of Buhari's present administration as the President of Nigeria, he said:

“We have only acknowledged that the new government has persistently demonstrated its anti-corruption stance while seeking policy solutions to the economic crisis, though there have been gaps in policy management."

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/22/deregulation-why-i-support-buhari-opposed-jonathan-tunde-bakare

Let the youths in his congregation help us remind him just incase he forgot that the internet never forgets, all information is stored in the cloud.

A good name is better than gold and silver. I pity for the children, grand children and great grandchildren of the greedy and evil politicians, Businessmen and religious leaders bleeding this country dry, they will be the ones to suffer more from the sins of their father.

I am not here to judge Pastor Tunde Bakari but I just want to remind him of what he said 10 years ago and why he renegade from the words that came out of his lips.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by TI1919(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by Martinkev(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
After politrickcians, the next set of people to fear are fake men of God!
Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by Redoil: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
Confuse pastor saying and predicting confusion
Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by basingstoke: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
This bakare has said worse and has been involved more than Oyedepo in politics, yet people criticize oyedepo any hpw they like
Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by obailala(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
In an election, you have to be either here or there; the last election gave Nigerians 2 options; the old order vs the semi-new weakling.
Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by psucc(m): 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
So now that the old order is in control and everything just everything had become weak, who is a weakling? Like for Old or share for New?
Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by Likei(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
thieves....... thunder wey go fire buhari and bakare ehn ......... e still dey charge for nepa.
Re: Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. by newbornmacho(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
One of the most painful disappointments I ever knew is Pastor Bakare. A fiery preacher who looked set to pioneer church revival, he is now a muffled voice. I once heard him say ' God asked me to return to Nigeria from the USA to preach, pray and prophesy until revival comes'. Personally I couldn't situate his political forays within that divine mandate and I am still waiting for answers.

(1) (Reply)

Two Faction Of Boko Haram Terrorist Clash / Edo Decides: Top 20 Persons Defeated Today By Majority Of Edo People / UNBELIEVABLE: Nnamdi Kanu Promises To Do This For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.