Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,047 members, 7,866,951 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

General And Possible Job Interview Questions! Please Help! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / General And Possible Job Interview Questions! Please Help! (523 Views)

For Possible Job Placement / Possible Job Placements / Possible Job Placements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

General And Possible Job Interview Questions! Please Help! by waladis(m): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2009
Hello fellow Nairalanders, am presently working in the Aviation Industry at one of the international Airports in UK, and i've worked in various departments of Aviation industry and have also gathered international working experience in the past years due to my Multi language skills. I've got some Aviation qualifications but not one that can put me directly into a managerial position. Currently, i applied for an internal position as a Terminal Duty Officer, a managerial qualification with working experience will be of an advantage but not necessary if one have good special skills and Aviation working experience. I,ve never work as a manager before but have worked close and observed managers implementing their duties in the past. Am preparing at the moment for the interview and am also doing a lot of theoretical research concerning the position. Below are the most likely questions for the interview, i've got my own answers to some of them and am trying to develop some answers for the rest and to compare mine with yours. Could anyone suggest some possible answers with scenarios to any of the questions below that would help me to create a positive impression and receive a good evaluation from the Interviewers. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

General and Possible Job Interview Questions

1)Why are you interested in this job?

2)Tell us about your current or previous job. What did you do? What did you like most and
least about it?

3)Imagine you became the boss of the organization you last worked at. What would be the
first improvement you would make?

4)Tell us about a time when you had to maintain confidentiality. How did you do this?
Through your work, you find out that your cousin’s wife, Fatou has been raped. Your
cousin knows you know something about Fatou, and comes to you for help. He says that
Fatou hasn’t been feeling well, but he doesn’t know what’s wrong. He is very upset and
asks you to tell him anything you know about Fatou so he can help her. What do you do?
Why?

5)You find out that an Animator is accepting money from people who want to be
beneficiaries of your program. What do you do? Is it a violation of confidentiality if you
tell someone?

6)You notice that a co-worker has taken money from her grant group and used it for
herself. She begs you not to tell anyone and promises to replace the money next week
after she gets her paycheck. She really needs money this week because her baby is sick.
What do you do?

7 )Explain how your experience working with people or supervising people in the past
would help you in your new job.

Questions for Supervisory/ Managerial Positions

8 ) Tell us about your strengths as a manager, and your weaknesses as a manager.
Imagine the staff you supervise are fighting with each other. What do you do?
A manager has to make a lot of decisions. Sometimes these are difficult because the
answer is not clear. Other times the right choice is clear, but you know people will be
upset with you if you make that choice. Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult
decision. How did you make it and why?

9) This job requires the ability to work independently. The Coordinator will provide some
direction and support, but much of what you do will be your own responsibility. Tell us
about a time you worked independently or took the initiative to do something.

10) How do you keep staff motivated?
For internal candidates: In your new job, you would be in a position of authority over
staff who used to be your peers and may still be your friends. How will you handle this so
that they don’t resent you?

11) For external candidates: In your new job, you would be coming in to an established

group
as an outsider. How would you maintain good relations and keep people from resenting
your authority?

12) As Manager, part of your job would be to find out when staff are breaking the company

rules. What kinds of problems would you look for? How would you handle them?

13) Tell me about a time when you took the initiative to change something you thought
wasn’t right.

(1) (Reply)

Internet Sales Executive / Drivers Living In Ikorodu Needed / Mmber Month Is Here Again Be Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.