Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

5 Simple Truth About Cement Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business (52386 Views)

Dangote Inaugurates Mega Cement Warehouse In Owerri / Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO / Day To Day Update On My Cement Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by fresher123: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
op, does the price of 1300 from the distributors apply to 300 bags of cement or just when one intends to buy a whole truck?
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Titto93(m): 12:02am On Aug 07, 2016
fresher123:
op, does the price of 1300 from the distributors apply to 300 bags of cement or just when one intends to buy a whole truck?
It applies to 300 bags provided you're buying from a distributor
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by millhouse: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2016
Wanna kick off this biz in my area in agbara.. Any body to asssit?
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by fresher123: 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Titto93:

It applies to 300 bags provided you're buying from a distributor
ok thanks. But the distributors in my area(mowe-ibafo) sell at 1450(excluding T. fare) I would love if u could link me to a distributor that sells at 1300 (excluding T.fare).... mind sending me Ur numba to talk better?
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Titto93(m): 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
fresher123:
ok thanks. But the distributors in my area(mowe-ibafo) sell at 1450(excluding T. fare) I would love if u could link me to a distributor that sells at 1300 (excluding T.fare).... mind sending me Ur numba to talk better?

I don't think any distributor will give u @ #1300 per bag... As of last week Friday, we sold 900 bags at #1,280,000 with transportation (#1422 per bag), but I don't know what tomorrow will hold as we sometimes receive new price every new week.
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by fresher123: 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Titto93:

I don't think any distributor will give u @ #1300 per bag... As of last week Friday, we sold 900 bags at #1,280,000 with transportation (#1422 per bag), but I don't know what tomorrow will hold as we sometimes receive new price every new week.
Ok, aw can I get in contact with you?
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Johnmichael2016: 5:29pm On May 08, 2017
Decorating your Home for Beauty

Christmas is an extremely busy time of year. By the time you get you shopping done, gifts wrapped and your cookies and cakes baked, it’s likely you don’t have the energy left to put into extravagant decorating. Although less than energetic, you still want your home decorated for Christmas. After all, Christmas is just not the same without lights and decorations.

Decorating your home for Christmas doesn’t have to be stressful. There are many things you can do and items you can use to dress up your home for this wonderful season. One suggestion when decorating your home for Christmas is using ribbon. If you have a decorating theme for Christmas, regarding color, choose ribbon to correspond with your theme. You can tie ribbons to all sorts of items in your home such as chair backs, wreathes, basket handles, stair railings and even doorknobs. Ribbons and bows are very festive. A good idea is to choose ribbon which can be easily untied and retied. This way you can reuse the ribbon another Christmas season.

Using holiday tableware is nice when decorating your home for Christmas. Search your home for anything Christmas, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, any piece of tableware that has a Christmas theme. Make sure to use these items each and every meal, every day throughout the Christmas season. Another good idea is to buy a few pieces each year. In time you’ll have enough tableware to serve the entire community.

Lighting is important when decorating your home for Christmas. During the month of December turn off your lights. Make use of your candles in every room of your home. Place candles on the dining table, on the coffee and end tables in the living room and perhaps place a nice scented pillar candle in the bathroom. Don’t just put them there for decorations but also make sure to light them each night. If you have a fireplace, make sure to light it and enjoy it. A fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere which is nice when guests are visiting.

Decorating your home for Christmas should always include a Christmas tree. After decorating the tree with your homemade ornaments and strung popcorn, use the leftover branches to make arrangements for your home. Put the greens in a basket or bowl, add pinecones, bows and ornaments. Use the branches to make swags to hang over doors throughout your home. Take the evergreen sprigs and place them around your home, on windows, on a bookcase shelf or on a ledge. Evergreen branches and sprigs certainly reflect Christmas. Not only do they look nice but they spread a lovely aroma throughout the home.http://www.lafarge.com.ng/

Christmas is a time for celebrating. It’s a time to pull out all the stops. Snow is always nice for Christmas. When decorating your home for Christmas, why not use snow, artificial snow to add a sparkle to your home. Sprinkle it on the dining table, the hutch or the fireplace. Use ornaments which reflect light and hang them around your home, from doors or even indoor trees and plants. This will definitely look dazzling at night as the candle light flickers off the ornaments. Decorating your home for Christmas shouldn’t be a dreadful task but a delightful experience. One thing to remember when decorating your home for Christmas is not to over-think your plan. Keep it simple because simplicity is elegant and beautiful.http://www.lafarge.com.ng/wps/portal/ng/9-ContributeToBetterCities
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Johnmichael2016: 6:18pm On May 08, 2017
Fall for Home Decorating

Autumn is the time of year in which you can literally smell the changes. http://www.lafarge.com.ng/wps/portal/ng/6-Sustainable_development Leaves are burning, peanuts are roasting, and most people are just beginning to fill a hint of a chill in the air. More than smelling the changes that are coming you can see them. Leaves begin to take on brilliant hues and the colors are spectacular to watch and witness. This is the time of year that thoughts begin to turn to football, hiking, and the upcoming holidays (for there are quite a few on the horizon).

Fall contains two primary holidays for many people. http://www.lafarge.com.ng/wps/portal/ng/6-Sustainable_development . Those include Halloween and Thanksgiving. Keep these holidays in mind when planning your primary fall home decorating scheme and make small adjustments in order to accommodate the holidays. Personally, I love the colors associated with autumn. The yellows, shades of gold, orange, and brown are favorites for my decorating taste. I always regret a little that this time of year is often overshadowed by Christmas as it approaches and the expectations of others that I decorate for Christmas almost immediately after celebrating Thanksgiving.

For those who lack inspiration when it comes to home decorating for fall, keep the colors mentioned above in mind. One great theme to incorporate into the decorating process would be the theme of leaves. Leaves falling from the trees are one of the most common associations with this time of year and it is a great look to incorporate into your home. You can even find leaf garlands in fall shades if you are inclined to look for them. Leaves can also be incorporated into lovely centerpieces and floral arrangements to hallmark the season.

Harvest is another common association with autumn. This is also rather easy to incorporate into most home decorating designs. Gourds make an excellent accent piece for this time of year and you can find real ones in almost any vegetable market along with many realistic imitation gourds. These can be used, much like or along with leaves, as part of centerpieces, in floral arrangements, in tabletop decorations, and even to hold place cards for large gatherings. They are incredibly versatile as well as colorful and make a great addition to any autumn home decorating venture.

Pumpkins are essentially gourds but they have a special place all their own in the fall home decorating scheme. Pumpkins have a special association with both Halloween and Thanksgiving (pumpkin pie anyone) and should not be overlooked as an important tool for decoration. In addition they are just bright, colorful, and cheerful to have around the house. To avoid the stench of rotting pumpkins simply avoid carving them if you intend to keep them around for a little while. Those that are carved should be placed outside and only carved within days of the 'big day'.

A great centerpiece idea in general for fall would include a large bowl, in outstanding fall colors such as a burnt orange or a shade of gold. For the first part of autumn you can fill the centerpiece with candies that are wrapped in fall colors. This is ideal for family munchies as well as trick or treaters that may find their way to your door on Halloween. Once this holiday has ended you can fill the bowl with colorful leaves and gourds to complete the look. http://www.lafarge.com.ng/wps/portal/ng/5-Research_and_Innovation . This should carry you through Thanksgiving when it is time to begin thinking about Christmas decorations and wintertime rather than fall.

Whether you adore fall like I do or dread its appearance each year for whatever reason there is little denying that fall is ripe with decorating ideas and ideals. Take the time to look around your local craft stores and see where inspiration strikes. http://www.lafarge.com.ng/wps/portal/ng/2-Cement . It is never too early or too late in the year to begin thinking about what you are going to do for your home decorating plan in the seasons to come.
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by EZEUDENE(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2017
Titto93:
I have seen several scam advert about cement business. Don't be deceived, I'm into the business and I can testify the truth. I don't have time for long post but let me briefly but distinctly highlight 5 points used to deceive people about cement distributorship or supplies.

I'm into cement business, all you said above is a typical LIE.

1. You can never purchase only one trailer of 900bags from dangote cement factory as a distributor

2. You can never get 1 bag at #1000 no matter the quantity you want.

3. You can never buy on credit from the factory

4. Distributors earn their income from monthly commission they get from the number of trailers they sell per month

5. Distributors sometimes sell cheaper than factory Price, this is to ensure they meet up to their monthly expectation.

please how much is trailer load of dangote cement or any other cement currently
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Titto93(m): 2:48pm On May 31, 2017
EZEUDENE:

please how much is trailer load of dangote cement or any other cement currently

currently, trailer load of 900 bags of cement is #2,225,000.
trailer load of 600 bags of cement is #1,500,000
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by EZEUDENE(m): 8:38pm On May 31, 2017
Titto93:

please lets chat on whats app
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by boyo123(m): 12:26am On Jun 01, 2017
ednut1:
Dangote is a bad ass man. He sells a truck of cement higher dan the selling price. You then apply for rebate after selling it. E.g u buy at 1.2m. U sell it 1m. Then u apply for lik 250k in rebate later
so what you are saying is they only make 50k gain from a truck ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by ibombiz: 1:58am On Jun 01, 2017
Any Distributor that can supply 900bags to me in PH should contact me immediately, 09055479244.
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Bronce: 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
please whats the profit margin of a trailer load of cement?
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Flameneo(m): 10:16am On Sep 06, 2017
Titto93:

None of your fact is correct... the truth is, you're not into the business

* Dangote no longer sell 600 bags, its over 5 years he gave out those trailers that carry 600bags... last year October, he bought 2,000 trailers that can carry 1,200 bags but due to certain reasons he reduced it to 900bags. Dangote, BUA, Ibeto, Unicem factories can never carry less than 900bags... But the distributors can use those lesser trailers to carry 600bags to retailers

*Dangote has 3 plants, Obajana, Kogi state supplies to south south and southeast... Gboko, Benue state supplies to North, while Ibese, Lagos supplies to southwest and other parts of south.
That's why I said the price difference is negligible

*No dealer can sell you cement on credit...

Nothing like paying on delivery, it's pay before service... Be honest or silent

you sound as if you are pained with my honest reply.
i have my shop at gwas Abj, and again i say 600/trailer
i have good rapor with my dealers.there are times we pay 2weeks later after offloading
op pls be careful with misleading information.
my dealers all knows my shop in gwas. one of my hausa hausa dealer always stop at my shop to say hi
everytimes he's going to kano

2 Likes

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by ultrazone(m): 10:40am On Oct 06, 2017
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by aizy06(m): 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
Titto93:

Hi Titto93, pls I would love to contact you privately for a clearer guide on starting this business? My whatsapp # is 0805 501 2973.
God bless you.
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by DeWorlex45(m): 9:41pm On May 30, 2018
uboma:

What kind of building do you want to erect with 3 Trailer full of Cement?
Maybe na estate with many buildings he wan build.
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by BioTeck: 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2018
Can I start cement business with 100 bags? Pls where do I get cement distributor...
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Ogborokiri(m): 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2018
I want to start this business
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Slimbumzky: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
lakaplonto:
if a company sells at 2000 naira for instance and d distributor sells at 1970 naira to retailerlers. For every bag sold the distributor loose 30 naira. How will d distributor make profit at d end of d month since he looses 30 naira for every bag sold. Am curious I really need to understand this.

Ok.This is how it works.Assuming Dangote sells a bag of cement to his distributors at the cost of 2300 a bag,he then gives them a target of 45000(500 trucks) bags every month to qualify for a rebate.He could say the rebate is 100naira per bag.In order to meet target and earn the rebate,a distributor can sell a bag for 2270 to fasten sales and meet up with the target,knowing fully well that the rebate(commision)will still be enough to cushion that initial loss of 30naira and still put him or her on good profitability.
Mathematically,u buy 2300
You sell 2270.
You intially run a loss of 30.
Then you meet sales target and earn additional 100naira
When u subtract ur initial loss of 30 from the earned rebate of 100 naira,u have made a profit of 70naira.
Most times,due to this particular reason,Dangote distributors sell at a slightly cheaper rate than the company price.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by LUKsal(m): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
Slimbumzky:

Ok.This is how it works.Assuming Dangote sells a bag of cement to his distributors at the cost of 2300 a bag,he then gives them a target of 45000(500 trucks) bags every month to qualify for a rebate.He could say the rebate is 100naira per bag.In order to meet target and earn the rebate,a distributor can sell a bag for 2270 to fasten sales and meet up with the target,knowing fully well that the rebate(commision)will still be enough to cushion that initial loss of 30naira and still put him or her on good profitability.
Mathematically,u buy 2300
You sell 2270.
You intially run a loss of 30.
Then you meet sales target and earn additional 100naira
When u subtract ur initial loss of 30 from the earned rebate of 100 naira,u have made a profit of 70naira.
Most times,due to this particular reason,Dangote distributors sell at a slightly cheaper rate than the company price.

This is very interesting, thank you for this great information. But please how much is the current price of 600 bag load of dangote cement from the factory?

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by truvine(m): 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
LUKsal:

This is very interesting, thank you for this great information. But please how much is the current price of 600 bag load of dangote cement from the factory?

Someone should Pls answer this

Perhaps and price of Lafarge too
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Makanjuola89: 1:52pm On May 18, 2019
I want to start this business as a retailer, currently I can raise up to 300K. Pls someone should kindly guide me. Thank you very much for your kindness.
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by truvine(m): 9:48pm On May 18, 2019
Makanjuola89:
I want to start this business as a retailer, currently I can raise up to 300K. Pls someone should kindly guide me. Thank you very much for your kindness.
Depend on your area.

To have a profitable price from the distributor, it must be one close to your proximity otherwise the price the product will be given to you to resell will be high.

Then look oiit for the particular product that's generally acceptable too, meet with those you are currently selling them and ask them for contact of their distributor

You can get as low as 100 bags for a start ( this still depends on the distributor your contacting anyway)

I started two weeks ago and got 150 for elephant and just two days ago I added 100 to Dangote because block makers seems to prefer Dangote to Lafarge.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Makanjuola89: 5:48pm On May 21, 2019
truvine:

Depend on your area.

To have a profitable price from the distributor, it must be one close to your proximity otherwise the price the product will be given to you to resell will be high.

Then look oiit for the particular product that's generally acceptable too, meet with those you are currently selling them and ask them for contact of their distributor

You can get as low as 100 bags for a start ( this still depends on the distributor your contacting anyway)

I started two weeks ago and got 150 for elephant and just two days ago I added 100 to Dangote because block makers seems to prefer Dangote to Lafarge.
wow! Thanks for this. A friend was even discouraging me yesterday about it. Pls what advice do you have for me?
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by truvine(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2019
Makanjuola89:

wow! Thanks for this. A friend was even discouraging me yesterday about it. Pls what advice do you have for me?
Depends on the information and statistics available, it's then we can say an advice is discouraging or not.

Lemme be clear,
I got Elephant for 2420 and it's sold 2500 around here and I got Dangote for 2470 sold for 2550
That means for both product there is a gross profit of #80 per bag
with that capital you can get just 100 bags of either product
So that's like #8000 profit, they question now is that what's the ROT (rate of turnover)
Which area are you located, is construction going on around you that will boost demand for the product daily?
Are there many competitors or your the only one selling?
All these are determinant to ROT

So, you can't call your friends advice discouraging yet, until you feasibly get answers to the above
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Ajibaba101(m): 1:49am On May 22, 2019
Are you experiencing entrepreneurship stress??....check out this tips https://explicitsuccess.com/dealing-with-entrepreneurial-stress/
Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by Nobody: 4:26am On May 22, 2019
truvine:

Depend on your area.

Love your stores layout.

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by LUKsal(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2019
truvine:

Depends on the information and statistics available, it's then we can say an advice is discouraging or not.

Lemme be clear,
I got Elephant for 2420 and it's sold 2500 around here and I got Dangote for 2470 sold for 2550
That means for both product there is a gross profit of #80 per bag
with that capital you can get just 100 bags of either product
So that's like #8000 profit, they question now is that what's the ROT (rate of turnover)
Which area are you located, is construction going on around you that will boost demand for the product daily?
Are there many competitors or your the only one selling?
All these are determinant to ROT

So, you can't call your friends advice discouraging yet, until you feasibly get answers to the above
I just like your boldness, please keep it up.

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by truvine(m): 8:00am On May 23, 2019
LUKsal:

I just like your boldness, please keep it up.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business by AssoJnr: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
Titto93:

currently, The company sell to distributors @ #1,300,000

distributors sell to retailers @ #1,330,000 for 900bags, including transportation (you can do the maths now)

Retailers sell to consumers @ #1,600 per
bag

Note: Distributors makeup their profit at the end of the month, after calculating the number of trailers they sell for the month

Hello. Please how can someone start this business .
What is the company price now and retail price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jack Ma Visits Africa With 38 Other Billionaires / Animated Billboard Causes Panic In Lagos / Ibrahim Indimi Visits IDP Camp After Zahra Buhari's Wedding. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.