Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked (813 Views)

LASU Students Celebrate Old School Day / LASU Students Get Excess Fee Refund / Fees Reduction: LASU Students Throw A Party (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked by horlla(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2009
More than 20 students of Lagos State University (LASU) were arrested yesterday, as the students battled officers of the Nigeria Police in order to stop the Vice Chancellor of the institution, Professor Lateef Hussein, from entering the campus.

Led by LASU Students Union President, Mr. Leke Bakare, the students blocked both entrance and exit gates of the institution to prevent the vice chancellor who was supposed to resume office yesterday, after the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) of LASU had expressed strong  opposition against him.

THISDAY learnt that all the unions in the university  were opposed to alleged high-handedness of the vice chancellor, who was accused of employing lecturers from other institutions and placing them at strategic positions at the expense of those who are qualified for the same position within the institution.

Bakare told THISDAY that different levies and dues the vice chancellor had been imposing on students formed the root cause of the crisis.   Officers of the Area ‘E’ Police Command, Ojo, were however deployed to wade into the crisis before it degenerates.

As at 9a.m. when THISDAY visited, 500 policemen with two armoured tanks had been positioned at the main gate of the institution. 
Speaking with THISDAY, Public Relations Officer of the Students Union, Mr. Agboola Seriki, said the police had arrested 20 students, insisting that the union would “not stop the protest until those arrested were released."

THE VC is toooooooooooo Principled and not in anyway Humane, believes so much that He cannot be unseated.
Re: Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked by lekside44(m): 2:38am On Sep 09, 2009
greatest of the greatest lasuite?
Re: Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked by Dclique(m): 4:39am On Sep 09, 2009
Re: Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked by Seun(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2009
I don't get it.
The VC is supporting the students against ASUU,
but the students want him to be sacked?

I guess they don't want to resume their studies.
LASU students are definitely confused.
Shame on them.

If I am wrong, correct me. Thanks.
Re: Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked by akym(m): 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
U are wrong but i will be back 4 full details.

AND d'ont ever say Shame on them.
Re: Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked by luvola(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2009
though am a lasu stu but i must confess shame on d sug of lasu ! shame on d student. those NASU LASU are behind these problem rocking lasu for over 2 months . prof hussain had made effort so dat we can do our 2nd sem exam but yet we ar against him . this man has bring stability to lasu since 2005 ,resist corruption,embezlement of funds,issues of fake vouchers which ar prevalent among staffs.by d time we spend 1yr @ home,sug sense go come back
Re: Lasu Students Protest; Want Vc Sacked by luvola(m): 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2009
sug behaviour wil only delay our resumption and exam

(1) (Reply)

Yabatech Hnd Form Reg. And Submission Ends 30th Oct / Got Admitted With A Forged Jamb Result? / When Will New Ume Jamb Registration Commence & Any Idea Of The Card Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.