Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,941 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Clarification On FRSC Shattered Wind Screen Offence - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Clarification On FRSC Shattered Wind Screen Offence (1608 Views)

What Could Be This Young Man Offence??? / FRSC Vehicle Checklist / FRSC And Your Vehicle Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clarification On FRSC Shattered Wind Screen Offence by xhero: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
Please can any road safety official in the house clarify wot could be classified as a shattered wind screen so that we don't get harassed unnecessarily. My wind screen has a single line Crack caused by heat running from the drivers side up to the middle but in no way affects the driver's vision. Do I have to stop using the car until I change the windscreen because of this minor Crack. I'd rili appreciate responses from concerned enforcement officers.

22 DRIVING WITHOUT OR WITH SHATTERED
WINDSCREEN VWV
Re: Clarification On FRSC Shattered Wind Screen Offence by agabaI23(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
I was maliciously booked for shattered shield and I have petitioned. In as much as the fee is 2K only, I will go to court if the sector commander does not satisfy me.

The truth is, it is subjective. I went to their office and the officer I met told me it is not a shattered screen, that I could go to court if I wanted.
Re: Clarification On FRSC Shattered Wind Screen Offence by xhero: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
agabaI23:
I was maliciously booked for shattered shield and I have petitioned. In as much as the fee is 2K only, I will go to court if the sector commander does not satisfy me.

The truth is, it is subjective. I went to their office and the officer I met told me it is not a shattered screen, that I could go to court if I wanted.

my brother I tire o.
Re: Clarification On FRSC Shattered Wind Screen Offence by Edunwa302(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
Well in all fairness , a vehicle with a broken or crack screen is not safe to drive so its not road worthy.
The VIO and FRSC has the right to impound such vehicle on ground of not being road worthy as it can pose danger to owner and also other road users.
Re: Clarification On FRSC Shattered Wind Screen Offence by ManTiger(m): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
Just try and fix the shield.

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Registered 2000 Toyota Solara Cream Leather Interior For 580k Only!! / Mazda MPVs 03models for sale. SOLD!!!!!! / Registered 98 Nissan Pathfinder For Sale @ 550k sold! sold!! sold!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.