Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea (1134 Views)

Buhari Looks At Images Of AU Founding Fathers In Ethiopia / Watch Catholic Reverend Sisters(about 10 Of Them) Sing And Dance For Biafra / Reverend Father Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident Along Nneobi/Onitsha Road(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by Kingson56(m): 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
BOMBSHELL!!! POLICE ARREST 4 CATHOLIC REVEREND FATHERS IN IMO STATE
THE REASON WILL SHOCK YOU
Four priests of the Roman Catholic Church have been arrested by the officers of the Nigerian police in Imo state for reportedly masterminding the protest that turned violent in the state. Four catholic priests are arrested for masterminding a protest that resulted in the shooting of a police DPO The police authority said Danjuma Ragga, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) for Ahiazu Mbaise, was shot during the protest on Saturday, according to Punch. The DPO was said to have been shot by irate youths from the church, a statement by the state police public relations officer, Mr Andrew Enwerem, said. The statement added that the vicar-general of the Ezinihite Diocese of the church, Reverend Father Clement Ebii, had hosted the national president of the Catholic Women Organisation (CWO) of the Saint Rose Catholic Church and that this sprang up the protest.
The police said immediately the information of the event was made known, the youths, who gathered at the Mater Ecclesiae Catholic Cathedral in Ahiazu Mbaise local government area, gathered themselves and rushed to the parish to stop it.
The irate youths set up bonfires, barricaded the highway, and disrupted the peace of the town, the report said. Ragga, who got wind of the development, was said to have drafted a team of policemen from the division to help douse tension since the church was already looking at their grievance. Allegedly led by a reverend father, the youths hauled missiles at the police and the DPO and threatened to burn down police patrol vans with which the officers came as well as disarm the police officers.
The DPO was later allegedly shot on the leg and hand during the protest. Commissioner of police in the state, Taiwo Lakanu, while speaking on the incident, said: “I assure you that all those involved in the shooting of the DPO will be fished out and prosecuted. “I hereby order that the cathedral be put under lock and key to avoid further violence.”
Re: Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
this news get as e be o!
Re: Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by skywalker001(m): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
1bunne4lif:
this news get as e be o!
Exactly my brother...

Pls am gonna luv to add you to a group on watsapp cuz am gonna need your support for an upcoming event on nairaland...
Thanks in anticipation my dear brother
Re: Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by skywalker001(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pls am gonna luv to add you to a group on watsapp cuz am gonna need your support for an upcoming event on nairaland...
Re: Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
This intimidation is getting out of hand
Re: Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by Kingson56(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
skywalker001:
. Ok my bro
Re: Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by skywalker001(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
Kingson56:
. Ok my bro
pls my brother msg me on watsapp wit diz numba 08142353535 to add u to d group sir...
Thanks once again my dear brother
Re: Bombshell!!! Police Arrest 4 Catholic Reverend Fathers In Imo State – The Rea by 1bunne4lif(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
skywalker001:
Exactly my brother...

what sort of group is that and moreover i'm not on whattsapp

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Running For President In 2019 - Jonathan / Jibrin's '50 Questions For NOI' Was Actually Written By This Man For 115 Million / Nigeria's Way Out Of Poverty: Technological Advancement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.