Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

The Place Of Discipline In Any Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Place Of Discipline In Any Career (523 Views)

Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work / Does This Happen In Your Place Of Work Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Place Of Discipline In Any Career by nnadozieopara(m): 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
I percieve discipline to be a conviction which resides in our subconscious and guides every decision that we make.
we must have come across the analogy in which the letters that formed the word discipline summed up to 100.
Now, this analogy works if we spell discipline correctly ; if it is otherwise spelt as DISIPLIN, though it will sound like the correct spelling, it won't sum up to hundred. the lesson is simple, the more your conviction, the more accurate your spelling of Discipline.
Off time, attaining the 100% mark can be herculean if possible, but then if you are gonna give a 50% effort to any cause, make sure that you give it a 100% attention.
I recall the words of my mentor Dr. Dan Okoughae " I am not expecting a 100% from you, if you are gonna give a 50%, make sure you give us a 100% of 50%".
in any career that one decides to venture into, make sure you are convicted of it.
you should also note that the prerequisite for a career is a Job. first you get the job and next you decide if you want to make a career out of the job.

1 Like

Re: The Place Of Discipline In Any Career by nnadozieopara(m): 7:55am On Jul 07, 2016
When you eventually get a job, there are some things that you can do and the things you should do. Discipline is the thin line between these two.
There probably Is a lot of things that you can do but often time what you should do is what your employer requires of you. Violation of this may put you on your employers bad book.
If your can ability is remarkable, you won't have much trouble with what you should do because you have prepared your self.
Promotion will come based on doing what you should do than what you can do.
What you can do keeps you in your comfort zone but what you should do allows you go the extra miles; it makes you think and rack ya brain.
To a diligent man, what you should do as required by your employer will prompt the best out of you.
I know majority of us wants to be our own boss and create jobs but to be a boss, you must first learn to serve.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Used Word In Nigeria? / Large Recruitment At Federal Ministry Of Power, Works And Housing 2016 / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.