Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

#ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter (14020 Views)

Photo Of A Curvy High School Teacher Got Men Talking On Twitter / INJUSTICE AGAINST FUNAABITES!! #savefunaab Trending On Twitter / #OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Davo93(m): 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
Students of Obafemi Awolowo University took to Twitter today to protest the closure of the school. Returning students of the institution have been home for about 4 months now.

http://www.oaupeeps.com/2016/07/oau-students-storm-cyberspace-with.html

1 Like

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Davo93(m): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
cc: Seun lalastica fynestboi

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by papinx(m): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
reopenOAU

No more delay.... We are tired of closures and strikes

1 Like

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by dicksononline(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Over 30,000 students are being held to ransom because of a post. This is ridiculous, hence a slap on the generality of Great Ife Students. #ReOpenOAU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Exmarte: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
I no even remember d part wey I dy again sef...3months no b beans na #ReopenOAU #WeWantToResume

3 Likes

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by OAUPeeps: 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
OAU Students Storm Cyberspace With Resumption Plea

Several posts and hastags have started coming in over the last few hours pleading with the appropriate authorities to intervene in the restoration of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife to normalcy. The posts which are mostly from students of the institution have come majorly with the hashtags; #WewanttoresumeOAU and more recently #ReopenOAU.

It is worthy to note that students of the institution have been at home since April, 2016 when the Academic Staff of the institution demanded an overdue 56-day leave. However, following the protests and controversy that have trailed the process of the selection of a new Vice-Chancellor for the Institution which eventually led to the dissolution of the Governing Council of the University by Federal Government, the school was shut down indefinitely and thus students have continued to remain at home.

However, it appears that the students are tired of the too incessant and unnecessary holidays as they have started taking to the social media to vent their frustrations...

#ReopenOAU
http://www.oaupeeps.com/2016/07/oau-students-storm-cyberspace-with.html

Cc Fynestboi
Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by decatalyst(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
I remember year 2003/2004 when I gained admission into that citadel of learning...after few weeks, we were sent back home...like play like play 3months nack! cry True true, the strike helped me then cuz I entered Ife almost when CA was about to commence...so I had time to study before resumption. grin

A few weeks of strike also disrupted educational calender before I graduated in 2008.

Students boycott, ASU strike, NASU and SSANU strike bit the most embarrassing was mojo break grin grin

IMy lil sis just got admission to study too and she is back home! undecided

Strike is engraved in OAU DNA like...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Babafaros(m): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
Today marks 91days since our last session paper on the 5th of April, 2016...

OAU why??

#ReOpenOAU

You can get a degree within a degree in
OAU... just go to another school during strikes

#ReOpenOAU

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Ifyx(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
June-August 2014= ShutDown
June-July 2015= ShutDown
December 2015= ShutDown
Mid-June - July= ShutDown Ongoing

Abeg The Forces Behind This ShutDowns Should #ReOpenOAU, Be It Physically Or Spiritually

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by DhaPope(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Me I just dey observe #ReopenOAU
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Exmarte: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
Every forces...against oau resumption anytime soon,oya die by fire...die die die grin walahi we go teyy 4 house

#WeWantToResume
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Exmarte: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
Layooluwa,u no go carry ya people go do e-protest 4 twitter ba? grin grin
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by tennykay55: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
#ReopenOAU

"THE FEDERAL FEVER"

(A self inspired piece by Ade Ash)

It is very easy to put pen to paper and scribe one's mind as best pleases, but the crux of the matter usually lies in the impact made and how it affects lives.
Having said that, it is true we've been on strike, an indefinite one for that matter and it is also true we've been hearing a lot of rumours as to the cause and hopefully the conclusion which seems to be on the horizon. What bothers me most as a student is my life and my educational career and the fact I am not getting younger hurts me more, just as I expect it hurts others who like me find themselves in O.A.U
We might want to take consolation from the fact that at this point, as nation, most of our, if not all, federal universities are on strike or just concluded one as the case of UNILAG and UI. The state universities are not exempted from this ordeal that parade tertiary institutions in this nation; they too go on strike whenever the need arises. It seems 'striking' is the real deal now.
Interestingly, to say it is 'appalling' will be quoted as being the understatement of the year. For what our eyes have seen our mouths cannot spill. what is the worth of spilling if at the end of the day you don't get a redress of the issue?

Truth is I care less of how other schools run their affairs. I'll rather speak about my Jerusalem and pray that a divine intervention occurs sooner, rather than later, that will help in curbing this nonsensical and persistent syndrome. It's a circle; NASU today, S.U tomorrow and let us not forget the Almighty ASUU. When you ask the reason for this, the most frequent answer you get is, 'We are fighting for our rights' at the detriment of lives like mine and yours.

Unfortunately, I cannot say when and if this strike palaver will ever cease and like a friend of mine who is in her finals will say, 'kunle , you are complaining; for what? You haven't seen OAU in her "madness".' She needs not say much, the whole ballyhoo expresses her thought.
As selfless as I am, I also feel for the freshmen who have been baptised and indoctrinated into the system even before their matriculation. ( I can and will advise that they should consider taking another JAMB but with the new JAMB admission set up, I don't think getting admission into UNIILORIN (plan b) will come by easily. I don't want to say I regret choosing OAU but either ways, I am responsible for my actions. I am afraid we just have to stop complaining because we knew the status quo and were only hopeful things would get better.
Finally, the name of my school is 'Obafemi Awolowo University' not 'Oba Awon University.'

"GREAT IFE!......... GREAT!"

That shit annoys me.
What is great about a university where majority of the lecturers make life a living hell for students?
What is great about a university where the "Ogas at the top" only know how to enrich their pockets at the slightest contact with mint while facilities and infrastructures are in their worst state?
My conclusion goes thus, 'learn to persevere, keep doing your best and pray that God, sooner, not later, ends this madness that unfolds before our very eyes.

A self inspired piece from
Ade Ash...
Content Manager, Neonatar Board....
#Spread the word not the confusion.
#ade-ash 4 Neonatar.

#ReOpenOAU

3 Likes

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by gloatkenf(m): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
papinx:
reopenOAU

No more delay.... We are tired of closures and strikes
I have one peace as per this:
[b]FELA KUTI DON TALK AGAIN O
Wetin dey united for this country leaders As you see 'em so ayakata, na animal skins 'em get How would dey sabi sey one money dey for the masses?
So, uh, therefore, they in their crazes 'em dey role like tyres! Sey Buhari dey dash 'bout, he dey dash us abi, you no know say na guise he dey set Bad parties 'em all be bad eggs victimising in pretence saving 'em fat assets' asses
Oh people go get brain where dem dey give am for free! Dem dey whine you; they'll commot shock soon All of 'em white animals and black animals, chubby blood suckers, bed bugs 'em be, cockroaches
Wait, abi you don forget say I write, my basket mouth go lick again free Fela, now wetin you go write about? Dem won make I write about their Change tune Buhari na craze man Obasanjo, that agbaya khaki, look, Nigeria government na confusion she preaches
Come down to OAU for Ife, school wey dey prestigious beforehand 'Em bodies don dey craze, animal bookwarms with anomalies Before nko, how animal go take write honest articles? Before you close open eyes, grammar don dirty grounds
Some people dey say why I dey write like rabidds No be this kind of writ go make you die again in the hands of Atiku's? My argument be, dem dey twist us like oyinbo peoples' dollies All of 'em are one scattered shits, well easy... easy... easy... only you can free yourself from him state's semblance bloody hand!
#Jodekss #Reopenoau[/b]

3 Likes

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Ariyike29: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pls ehn! We need to resume... Haba now! aduru 4months in my father's house! My mates aff graduated already... #ReOpenOAU
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by papinx(m): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
We want to resume

We are not fools
We are not bulls
We chose to be cool
We trued to pull
We hoped for good
We were served. thesame food
We are now full
We hoped and pray
Now in one voice we acclaim
WE WANT TO RESUME!

We choose to exercise patience
Our age refuses to exercise patience
Perseverance frowns at us
Endurance makes taunt of us
We clamour for the best
We lay hands on the worst
How long shall we rest?
Till the master best arrives
Like military mafias we chant the words again
WE WANT TO RESUME!

You sprayed us "lie perfume"
Causing the whole place to fume
In harmony we danced to ur tune
Not till one tune became tunes
In anger we burnt slow in pain
Confusion send down its rain
We can no longer endure the pain
Now we repeat those words again
WE WANT TO RESUME!
Send to as many Oau group u have the fight is ours #we want to resume oau!

#ReopenOAU

Thorpland

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by gloatkenf(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
[b]FELA KUTI DON TALK AGAIN O

Wetin dey united
for this country leaders
As you see 'em so ayakata,
na animal skins
'em get
How would dey sabi
sey one money
dey for the masses?

So, uh, therefore,
they in their crazes
'em dey role like tyres!
Sey Buhari dey dash
'bout, he dey dash us
abi, you no know
say na guise he dey set
Bad parties 'em all be
bad eggs victimising
in pretence saving
'em fat assets' asses

Oh people
go get brain where
dem dey give am
for free!
Dem dey whine
you; they'll commot shock
soon
All of 'em white animals
and black animals,
chubby blood suckers,
bed bugs 'em be,
cockroaches

Wait, abi you don forget say
I write, my basket mouth
go lick again free
Fela, now wetin you
go write about?
Dem won make I write about
their Change tune
Buhari na craze man
Obasanjo, that agbaya khaki,
look, Nigeria government
na confusion she preaches

Come down to OAU for Ife,
school wey dey prestigious
beforehand
'Em bodies don dey craze,
animal bookwarms with
anomalies
Before nko,
how animal go take write
honest articles?
Before you close open
eyes, grammar don
dirty grounds

Some people dey say why I dey
write like rabidds
No be this kind of writ
go make you die again
in the hands of Atiku's?
My argument be, dem
dey twist us like oyinbo
peoples' dollies
All of 'em are one scattered
shits, well
easy... easy... easy...
only you can free yourself
from him state's
semblance bloody hand!

#Jodekss
#Reopenoau[/b] :|

1 Like

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by ayo55(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
Reopen OAU.........we are tired of staying at home, we are not fools.....

#ReopenOAU
#Livingstone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Dglory(f): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
OAU is time wasting school... #reopenOAU ...stop wasting our precious time which is part of our life ooo

1 Like

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by chisombenedicta(f): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re-open OAU Biko
We are tired of staying at home
This month makes it a year since we finished predegree
Nd we are still at home cry cry
Our mates in other schools are rounding up 100lvl
Nd we are yet to start lecture.....

REOPEN OAU cry cry
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Otunbalarry: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
#reopenOAU

We want to resume
mods pls help us..

Una biko

lalastic fynestboi
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by seunterry: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
We r tired wasting our tym at home pls reopen OAU we r becoming irrelevant at ohm
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Exmarte: 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
chisombenedicta:
Re-open OAU Biko
*modified* grin
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by chisombenedicta(f): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
seunterry:
We r tired wasting our tym at home pls reopen OAU we r becoming irrelevant at ohm
irrelevant ke grin

REOPEN OAU
we are tired of staying at home
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Fynestboi: 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
cool
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Fynestboi: 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
Otunbalarry:
#reopenOAU

We want to resume
mods pls help us..

Una biko

lalastic Fy.stboi

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Slimberry1(f): 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
Right now,I am so sick of giving reasons why I am at home,OAU is always getting into the news not for anything so special but for one palava or the other which will always lead to the closure of the school. Its very obvious no one cares about the students,we are now in the 2nd half of the year,and just one semester has bn concluded(its not even a full semester but half).

#REOPENOAUNOW
#OAUWEWANTTORESUME.
Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by chisombenedicta(f): 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
REOPEN OAU
REOPEN OAU
REOPEN OAU
REOPEN OAU

Cc-seun,lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Exmarte: 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
ayaf turn pro-punter and executive data analyst for sportsbetting while waiting make oau resume...i don tire abeg #ReopenOAU

1 Like

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by faruz: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
#we want to resume... Enof is enof. undecided

1 Like

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by pwettiejay(f): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
Too bad, Since april? shocked some people might have even forgotten their matric number and department

3 Likes

Re: #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter by Leitner: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
Na wa o.

People iyaff vex finish grin

#REopenOAU..............when una wan reopen am grin - Mi o wa le para mi. In English- I cannot now come and go and kill my sef grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUP Begins Strike, Academic Activities To Be Totally Grounded / Is Poly Ibadan Hnd Admission List Out / Nairaland Interschool Debate:Winner::: UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.