Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy (477 Views)

Illegal African Migrant With Weapon Overpowered By Police In Italy. Photos / Burial Of Student Beaten To Death by SARS For Buying Stolen Phone / "I Will Kill Myself" - Nigerian Migrant In Italy Says, Demands House & €50 A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 07, 2016
Nigerian migrant beaten to death in racist
attack in Italy

A Nigerian migrant was beaten to death in a
racist attack by a right-wing football fan in a
central Italian town, officials said
Wednesday.
Emmanuel Chidi, 36, was walking with his
girlfriend in the heart of the small town of
Paolo Calcinora on Tuesday, when they had
racial abuse heaped on them by the
supporter of a local football club, the Agi
news agency reported.
That led to an altercation and Chidi was
brutally beaten on the head until he fell to
the ground. He never recovered
consciousness and died in hospital on
Wednesday.
"As mayor of a town that is welcoming and
open to integration, I feel I'm living in a
nightmare," the town's mayor said.
Chidi had been living in the area for eight
months and was lodged in a shelter run by
Catholic charity Caritas.
His girlfriend had lost her baby after a
perilous Mediterranean crossing.
Hundreds of migrants arrive daily in Italy.
The Italian interior ministry said last week
that a total of 70,930 people landed
between January and June -- almost exactly
the same number as the same period in
2015 and only slightly higher than in 2014.
The full-year total of migrant arrivals for
2015 was 153,000
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/nigerian-migrant-beaten-death-racist-attack/

Cc lalasticlala Dominique
Re: Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by bellenornor(f): 12:33am On Jul 07, 2016
This usually happens to Nigerians. Why?
Re: Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 07, 2016
This is very bad.
Re: Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by iykekelvins(m): 1:03am On Jul 07, 2016
My God! embarassed
Re: Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by Oliviaxx(f): 2:28am On Jul 07, 2016
What a world we live cry in
Re: Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by rifasenate11(m): 3:00am On Jul 07, 2016
In Italy again embarassed
Re: Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by devilmaycry: 3:37am On Jul 07, 2016
The level of Racism in this modern world is shocking .....smh
Re: Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy by obiorathesubtle: 4:36am On Jul 07, 2016
What's the house of Reps saying about this undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Condemn The Release Of Alleged Rapist And Child Abductor, Yunusa Dahir / Benue Killings: Only 22 Persons Were Killed, Not 81 - Gov Ortom / Militant Blow Up Pip Gas Line In Akaw Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.