Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,984 members, 7,866,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:41 PM

Benefits Of Witch-hunting As A Corruption Tool In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benefits Of Witch-hunting As A Corruption Tool In Nigeria (509 Views)

MSSOB Accuses President Buhari Of Witch-Hunting Its Members / If You Think Fashola's N70m Website Is A Corruption See This Inside 2016 Budget / Saraki Witch Hunting Enters New Level . More Charges Trumped Up As Case Weakens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Witch-hunting As A Corruption Tool In Nigeria by kjsun15: 1:18am On Jul 07, 2016
THE SHORT & LONG RUN BENEFITS OF WITCH-HUNTING AS A TOOL AGAINST CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA

The CORRUPT blood running in our veins has been compounded by the products of tribal sentiments towards issues of societal importance in recent years, especially among the youths of these days. Corruption has been eating deep the fabric of our country's economic growth since the days of military regime and drastically continue during the era of the current "acclaimed democracy."

Nigerians quickly question (criticise) any move to track down corruption in any form. They come to social media and start fighting over Ameachi, Fayose,Saraki, Odhua, Malaye, Madueke, Fashola,Tinubu, Buari etc. because of corruption charges. The funniest of all, is that these people don't even know whether they exist whereas their sons and daughters are enjoying here in the UK, America and Canada lavishing our own belongs.

My take is that if a man starts to arrest corruption let another man wait to strategize for the future so as to hold him accountable too. So if WITCH-HUNTING can be used to fight against corruption today in order to better our lives, so be it, tomorrow WIZARD-HUNTING would continue from where witch-hunting stops, in the long run Nigeria would progress as a nation.

I can tell you categorically that we are our own enemy, not America, not even Europe but we Nigerians.

Let us stop supporting whoever fall trap of corruption today, so that the victim(s) of WITCH-HUNTING today could help us to name others through WIZARD-HUNTING in the future, hence we would be better off as a country. I talk my own oo.Thanks.
Re: Benefits Of Witch-hunting As A Corruption Tool In Nigeria by braine(m): 1:26am On Jul 07, 2016
Whatever they call it, I think it is a win-win for Nigerians generally. Its not as if the accusations flying around are not true. So I support witch-hunting. I'm waiting for PDP to take over and do a revenge witch=hunt. As usual, its a win win for the masses.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Witch-hunting As A Corruption Tool In Nigeria by chukzyblingz(m): 5:26am On Jul 07, 2016
You lie. Witch hunting only creates more problems. PDP is bad but they prosecuted many of their own during their time. APC is just an epitome of evil and well meaning Nigerians that are not PDP don't have any option but to support them.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Peace Talks Hits A Brick Wall / President Buhari Is Pictured With A Baby In His Arms In A Photo Shared By One O / Resolution Of Pdp National Leadership Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.