Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,988 members, 7,866,715 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

Recommended Battery Charging Specs For Your Phones Or Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Recommended Battery Charging Specs For Your Phones Or Devices (359 Views)

Please Stop Charging Your Phones In Public Outlets! / Best Wallpapers For Your Phones Lock Screen And Home Screen!!! / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recommended Battery Charging Specs For Your Phones Or Devices by akinmusi(m): 7:53am On Jul 07, 2016
This thread is sequel to the thread, "Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord".

https://www.nairaland.com/3208449/which-more-important-wall-charger

I put this up for us to learn more and understanding how our devices work with battery and charging.

Please note I am not an authority on the subject matter, I just feel the need to share this. And so far so good, I enjoy my batteries sticking to these guidelines even when I know I have to use a poor battery.

I have paid attention to some people's ignorance on this subject matter a number of times.

Let's start this way.

1. If you must use a brick:

I know that if you must use a wall or brick charger, the output specs (e.g. OUTPUT: 5V=1.0A), is very important and must not be deviated from. If you must deviate, do not alter the 5V. That must be fixed. Though the amps varies e.g. 0.500A, 0.750A, 2.0A

2. If you have to use a cable
The cable is essential. The challenge is how to identify a good cable.
I have a tip that has been working for me and I have not, after my knowledge of it, by the grace of God, bought a poor cable.
The tip is a cable that feels much flexible by touch is likely to break or disconnect or cut any moment.
Secondly, the USB end of it to the brick charger or USB port must be observed. I observe that there are two kinds. One with 2 copper (gold-like) end pins or connectors and one with 2 steel (silver-like) end pins or connectors. I go for the former. With the copper like and a strong cable, I could charge my phones or devices without the bricks using my laptop.

Note very well, before buying that charger use recommended fixed volts and amps.

The higher the amps the faster it charges your devices. The lower the amps, it won't charge fast.

However, using higher amps than recommended, that I am not so sure of its effects. But I have stumbled upon a thread that says it will last but after a long while, the battery effectiveness could be lowered in the long run BUT not as much as using a different volt.

For example a friend that used a different spec for power output for his Led TV spoilt the same TV power because he used a higher spec. A lower spec could have been better though.

Suggested Answer to the question:

The question is which one is important?

The answer is which ever one is available at the moment for you.

But if you must use brick, use your manufacturer's recommended charging output.

If I must use my USB to charge, I use my USB 3.0 port. I prefer that to the USB 2.0 and a copper like pins at the end end of my USB cable couple with a strong cable (strong cable not necessary but only emphasise durability of cable).

If you have not thrown away your follow-come charger, you can find the specs printed on the charger or look it up in the manual of your devices concerning battery and charging.

Learn to Manage your Battery Power:

1. Don't switch on Internet connection when you are not using it.

2. If you must use Internet, but however not heavily, avoid the use of 3G or 4G. They drain the battery fast if you do not have enough or good battery.

3. Check if you have unnecessary radio form of connection on when you are not using your devices, e.g.Bluetooth (does not consume much but don't leave it on when not in use), WiFi, Hotspot, NFC etc.

Why your cable could cut or shaky cable.
Reason not to charge and use your phone concurrently

It's recommended not to use your phone while charging. When you charge and use, you tend to bend and twist ignorantly the connector to your phone or device thereby causing a cut inside the cable.

This is the consequence of you having to charge your phone bending the cable because you feel a disconnect or cut cable at the jack to the charging port of your phone.

Trust me, before you would use your new charger and pressing your phone while charging. Now, you have to learn to leave your phone charging and folding the cable to a desirable position where you feel it's connected and not shaking.

(1) (Reply)

Kano GSM Market Goes Up In Flames / Ahead Of Recall, South Korea Customers Told To Stop Using Galaxy Note 7 / Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.