Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? (27286 Views)

The Video Of P'square Fighting At Festus Keyamo's Chamber Happened In 2016 / Daddy Freeze Responds to His Ex-Wife Opeyemi's Accusations, Writes Her A Letter / "Kirikiri & Buhari": Freeze Responds To A Woman On Instagram Over Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by jlinkd78(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2016
f
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by babeface3: 9:39am On Jul 07, 2016
ChuzzyBlog:
So, DJ Abbas reacted to the news that the Supreme court of Nigeria had announced 22 new SANs and wondered why Lawyer and human rights activist Festus Keyamo wasn't one of them. OAP Freeze responded to his question and a brief convo ensued. Read the rest of the tweets below:-

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/07/why-is-festus-keyamo-still-not-san-dj.html

you guys cant fail to amaze me. How are those appointed SAN better than Keyamo. Remember that Gani suffered same fate and was later vindicated. What people don't understand is that Keyamo is a hardliner in legal practice and still better than almost 60% of those appointed learned silks. Moreso the politics in such appointment is dirtier than you think. There are emminent lawyers who are not nearing the inner bar for same reasons. My dear Ayo Olanrewaju the brain behind the Gani's Nigeria Weekly Law Report, the best and oldest law report in Nigeria, has never ever been mentioned. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by kgr8mike(m): 9:40am On Jul 07, 2016
What of that Nnamdi that instituted a suit against Buhari on certificate issues and then withdrew it, has he been made a SAN? ... I think he should go and hide his head in sh.a.m.e.
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by greggng: 9:43am On Jul 07, 2016
We tend to forget easily when keyamo was winning all the cases he handled in the past. Like every profession you don't win all the time. Those of u saying all negative things about him should remember is a political appointment and if those in charge doesn't like ur stand on some issue, you might not be considered. Ie the popular gani and femi falana got their after many years. In a nutshell keyamo is a sound lawyer with or without ur political SAN wey no help anybody

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by 9japride(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2016
If you want to b a SAN, u need to earn it it's not about politics. If not you'll all see a lot of northerners as SAN due to quota system. I don't have a problem of the west dominating SAN they merit it because of their zeal to study.

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by locosis007(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2016
SANship is almost same as professorship
I think it is bestow on
Political clout
Cronyism
Nepotism
And most of all ability and popularity.

I stand to be corrected tho undecided
Life is about perspectives
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by swagzofroyalty(m): 9:49am On Jul 07, 2016
Issue of SAN is never an issue of qualification but privilege. Gani Fawehinmi was qualified since early 80s but was conferred in 2003, my Late Father was the first Northerner to be qualified and considered in 1981 but was never conferred till he died in 2013, it is more of Politics!

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by ITSaWRAP1(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2016
That was epic

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by BetaThings: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2016
Luckylife:
Hope he sees this ! Integrity beget good name and promotion not licking the ass of any administration that don't follow rule of law .
Keyamo has been working for EFCC since the time of President Jonathan

Rule of law?
Remember sealing of House of Reps and teargassing House of Reps members?
Remembers the refusal to accept the recommendation of NJC to reinstate Justice Salami?
Remember 17 > 19?
Remember DSS (under Jonathan) arresting Mr Lai Mohammed for the offence of going to Osun State while he is from Kwara State?
Remember APC officials stopped from going to Ekiti State under Jonathan while PDP officials had free access?
Remember NCAA (under Jonathan) stopping jets carrying APC's officials from taking off, forcing them to return to take-off point, or refusing them right to land at destination?
Remember NCAA (under Jonathan) saying private jets owners cannot carry friends?

Please when did we need to start following rule of law - from 1999 or from May 29 2015?

5 Likes

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 07, 2016
Freeze making blunt 'ice cold' sense again.
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:29am On Jul 07, 2016
Oksman:
Someone whose chamber could not win a minor case we gave him. You don't earn your san on the pages of newspaper or social platform, period.
He is just a charge n bail lawyer.
Even the one below doesn't deserve it. I mean Femi Falana

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by damon222: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2016
Oksman:
Someone whose chamber could not win a minor case we gave him. You don't earn your san on the pages of newspaper or social platform, period.
Very perfect. How can people like Lai Mohammed, Oshiomhole and other serious noice maker be appointed, entrusted and or given award that are for decent and respectable people. That Urhobo boy is just a riff raff who is making noice every day to deceive gillibles. He deceived people by taking many signatures in Warri promising them that he was doing that to defend the youths and force the state government for better governance. At the end, he presented that signature list collected to apc, tell them very serious lies that he is the one selected for the senate seat. But but God's gace, Buhari turned him down completely. I will go for Buhari for turning this noice maker down.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by damon222: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2016
dipopooo:
Dat means festus keyamo is a media SAN
yes. He is also noice maker and very unserious young boy.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by CioAngels(f): 10:42am On Jul 07, 2016
What case did fashola won that qualified him to be a san? Asking to know.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Oksman(m): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2016
damon222:
Very perfect. How can people like Lai Mohammed, Oshiomhole and other serious noice maker be appointed, entrusted and or given award that are for decent and respectable people. That Urhobo boy is just a riff raff who is making noice every day to deceive gillibles. He deceived people by taking many signatures in Warri promising them that he was doing that to defend the youths and force the state government for better governance. At the end, he presented that signature list collected to apc, tell them very serious lies that he is the one selected for the senate seat. But but God's gace, Buhari turned him down completely. I will go for Buhari for turning this noice maker down.
Sure.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2016
Na thief thief lawyer wey festus be grin

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by franklinjoseph(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2016
So my learned senior is now a video vixen?

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by opalu: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2016
Tell Daddy Freeze or cold that this same Keyamo has dragged the entire presidency and senate to supreme court under Yar adua and he won. Dey there De talk trash.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by ikorodureporta: 11:14am On Jul 07, 2016
Free*ason on f.p as usual. Eim don join NL crew
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Teespice(f): 11:32am On Jul 07, 2016
daddy freeze gave him a very brilliant answer.
media lawyer on point.
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:42am On Jul 07, 2016
Keyamo I have known since as a sensationalist. Freeze has spoken well abeg. cheesy
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by bigtt76(f): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nobody would complain or rant now that not enough northern is conferred with the SAN ooo! grin
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by dayowunmi(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
What's all this ish about keyamo being a media lawyer, SANship is political, late gani fewehinmi was denied for several years, was he also a media lawyer? Festus has is a constitutional lawyer and has handled many cases before, he represents efcc a lot, he takes on many cases singlehandedly even on the behalf of Nigerians e.g he took dimeji bankole to court for fraud when he was speaker, he wrote a petition against Kenny Martin's of the police equipment fraud case, he's also sued the presidency on constitutional grounds in the past, hes handled many cases both high profiled and smaller cases dunno where all these myth about him being a media lawyer is coming from. Freeze is just an attention seeker.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by damon222: 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
babeface3:
you guys cant fail to amaze me. How are those appointed SAN better than Keyamo. Remember that Gani suffered same fate and was later vindicated. What people don't understand is that Keyamo is a hardliner in legal practice and still better than almost 60% of those appointed learned silks. Moreso the politics in such appointment is dirtier than you think. There are emminent lawyers who are not nearing the inner bar for same reasons. My dear Ayo Olanrewaju the brain behind the Gani's Nigeria Weekly Law Report, the best and oldest law report in Nigeria, has never ever been mentioned. Time will tell.
You are as insultive as Kayomu himself to compare Gani who is a world wide recognised lawyer to this irresponsible, indesciple and high disrespective Urhobo boy. Gani's legal fights were against the government. He is unluke Kayamu who fight its own people purposely to get appointment from Buhari. Too, Kayemu is never a though and popular lawyers. How many strong cases has he won? I remember when he collected signatures in Warri after deceiving them that he is working towards forcing the government for beter governance and later presented the list of signautres collected to apc that he is the chosen to represent them in the senate. He is in addition a very powerful lier and noice makers. What I saw him achieved was to talk down the Izons like GEJ, Tompolo with serious hate because GEJ refused to look his side. Damn.
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Oksman:

Then where does he get money for advert,cos i know him to be a wealthy guy
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Maydfourth: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
Who be Festus?How many case he don win Abi how many journals ,book whey he don write?
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Cheggoon(m): 5:55am On Jul 08, 2016
Bolustic:
So what's the fuss about Festus Keyamo's frequent omissions? I bet you there are other better lawyers than him who are being omitted and heaven has not fallen.

He should cross his tees and dot his Is, SAN isn't gotten in the media, it's gotten in the law courts. To qualify as a SAN, there must be some numbers of court cases you have successfully completed and other qualifications.

SANship isn't a federal award like OON, MFR, it's purely on Merit.
....we all Keyamo is a noise maker on socaial an on TV...but their politics in this SANship of...tin..wat can You say About the son of Olaonipekun who is jst 35yrs....jst only 8yrs at the bar.....spend most of his lif his abroad doin his Phd. And now his a SAN na only him sabi law pass...I work in The court...and Have seen and know laywers...Have seen Keyamo inside The court room..the guy is emphty is Not ripe enuff to b a SAN.....
Re: Freeze Responds To DJ Abbas Question: Why Is Festus Keyamo Still Not A SAN? by Naughtylyn: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Great response. You don't become an Engineer because you graduated first class in Engineering. You must prove your mettle on the field.

If you studied electronic engineering and waiting for a bank job, why not prove your education?
The book resource in this link could help and fetch you money. ..even if you didn't study engineering!
Young people who need to empower themselves or you need to empower someone to be self reliant should buy this resource here.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband, Gbenro Didn't Marry Me For A Green Card -- Osas Ighodaro Ajibade / Stephanie Linus Visits 'Aquarius' The Rescue Ship In Italy (Photos) / 15 Slangs Popularized By Nigerian Musicians & Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.