Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,727 members, 7,862,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru (20184 Views)

Soldiers Carrying Abu Ali On Their Shoulder & Hailing Him (Throwback Photo) / Crowd Hailing Fayose At The Commissioning Of Ikere-Ekiti Township Road / Team Buhari Vs Team Gej. Hailing Hailers Vs Wailing Wailers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by happney65: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
omolola15:

Don't mind that olodo. He'll never learn.

Another Excuse..I guess you where dead when Militancy started in the ND?When Oil workers where being kidnapped and in most cases even killed.When a massacre happened that led to the deaths of thousands of People,nothing less than 2500 People in Odi Bayelsa state?

Keep on complaining..Now i know zoombie is your name gangan..You are very very foolish my friend..IDIATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..OLOSHI..WEEREE.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by ojialo(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Rapmoney(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
Zico5:

I lack common sense
See! Just imagine! grin
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Aaronzy: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
aresssa:
I don't see where the President referenced anything about the worthless, disgraced, corrupt and incompetent PDP lately. The writer said the president gives an impression that the PDP achieved absolutely nothing in their 16-year rule and In fact, he sometimes infers that PDP destroyed Nigeria and he cannot perform a miracle in one year to rebuild the country, I just wonder why the same writer failed to articulate exactly what the PDP achieved in 16 years.

1. Is it stable electricity after stealing $20 billion power funds that left us in darkness?

2. Is it the wonderful roads, bridges, quality schools, good hospitals and so on they left behind?

3. Is it the wonderful refineries they destroyed and when they even refused to build new ones to prevent fuel scarcity?

4. Is it how they refused to invest the largest stream of revenue in the history of Nigeria to ease the eventual pains of low fuel prices that was bound to manifest eventually like we are experiencing today?

5. Is it using our money to or how they turned our public institutions like the NNPC into election financiers?

6. Is it how they looted and shared our money, bought mansions jets, cars and so on.

7. Are not even waking up daily to sad news about how they looted this and that?

The writer would love for us to forget that the PDP did not rule for 16 years and the horrible mess they left behind should not be part of our memory of history and we are in this situation by accident.

Unfortunately for the goofy writer, we know exactly how we got here and we won't forget or stop letting Nigerians know the evil mess they left behind.

What a waste of time and internet bandwidth..

u done finish work....no need for me to comment, their hatred for Buhari is what is killing dem in this country

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
Babzilla:

Oh yes we see things differently. What you term as progress to me is just his regular job which has not impacted people yet. In fact some of the major moves he has taken were moves proposed by the previous government.. which he is criticizing
Now if you ask me Id say the problem of the country is our orientation. Our orientation led to the corruption....and until that mindset of getting rich at all costs changes Buhari is on a long thing. He was afterall funded into power by men with questionable sources of wealth.

We can only change the mindset of Nigerians by showing them that the wages of Corruption is jail time and loss of assets.

The more we fight corruption, the more the mindset changes.

We are seeing the Ekiti people waking up to the corruption of Fayose. That is the power of the corruption war.

As long as the corruption war intensifies, the sensitivity of the public to corrupt matters increases. Remember the budget padding. How people reacted. It used to be normal but now even corrupt people complained about it.

It shows our mindset is changing. It shows we are heading in the right direction. It shows and I believe things will get better soon.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Reference(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Am I supposed to contribute to this debate or just say.....I told you so. Everything I predicted will happen has happened. From policy somersaults after realization to the role of history particularly about the main actors. But my take is, since this government is not tired of political campaign may I remind them that come 2019 there will be little ammunition left and I don't think they will take it lightly if Jonathan is the reason why they may be re-elected or not. Because it appears they are hell bent on making him a campaign issue well into the next electoral cycle. Let us see how this plays out. If Nigerians cannot begin to hold this government accoutable, almost a year and a half after elections then we are sailing into an abyss. I don't know of any animal that gestates for 18 months. If there are any ideas to bring us out of this mess, they will have been evident by now. Surely the pressure of public opinion will have brought out the joker from even the meanest poker face.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Reference(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We can only change the mindset of Nigerians by showing them that the wages of Corruption is jail time and loss of assets.

We are seeing the Ekiti people waking up to the corruption of Fayose. That is the power of the corruption war.

As long as the corruption war intensifies, the sensitivity of the public to corrupt matters increases. Remember the budget padding. How people reacted. It used to be normal but now even corrupt people complained aboutit.

It shows our mindset is changing. It shows we are heading in the right direction. It shows and I believe things will get better soon.

And this is also what I said about two years ago. That even if you stop corruption entirely (which is impossible, infact it is still raging at certain levels right now) it will have SCANT effect on our economy because there are far larger holes that bleed our economy and well being as a nation, not even holes, cracks, gaping crevices that relate to the way the country is structured that will not permit us to develop properly and that all the best we will see by 2019 will be superficial. It is not a Buhari cause and effect but it has to do with the thinking of Nigerians. The summary is the fact that there are no fresh ideas, no direct drive to safety and progress but rather a ceaseless resort to the past maladministration shows there is a problem. This you cannot deny if you are sincere. Surely you must be concerned internally that the government is not doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Reference:

And this is also what I said about two years ago. That even if you stop corruption entirely (which is impossible, infact it is still raging at certain levels right now) it will have SCANT effect on our economy because there are far larger holes that bleed our economy and well being as a nation, not even holes, cracks, gaping crevices that relate to the way the country is structured that will not permit us to develop properly and that all the best we will see by 2019 will be superficial. It is not a Buhari cause and effect but it has to do with the thinking of Nigerians. The summary is the fact that there are no fresh ideas, no direct drive to safety and progress but rather a ceaseless resort to the past maladministration shows there is a problem. This you cannot deny if you are sincere. Surely you must be concerned internally that the government is not doing well.

Read about the strides Ibe Kachukwu has made in the Oil and Gas sector and you will see fresh ideas.

The blockages made by Kemi Adeosun took fresh ideas. Not incessant blame of the last administration.

As long as the Government perseveres in doing things right, we will see changes. It is just too early to see the dividend of their works after such wreckage of the last administration.

The last administration comes up because we are still fighting our way out of the decay they caused.

We are matching in the right direction. Judge the administration after their tenure.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by ivandragon: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Baffling you refer to GEJ as intelligent. The same man who siphoned hundreds of millions of naira meant for procuring arms for our young soldiers in the battle field to give to Spiritual leaders to pray for The Soldiers protection and for the Soldiers to win the war.

Let us be honest. That is the height of idiocy.

don't know why you would say that's the 'height of idiocy'. however, I guess you are one of those being force fed with propaganda & chose believe what only aligns with your own beliefs. GEJ was intelligent, that didnt make him omniscient! Corruption has been in Nigeria pre-1999 & it will continue as long as your likes continue to support the status quo... Buhari is here to secure the interest of the Fulani oligarchy, nothing more! & he is painting GEJ so black to ensure that the SS is never trusted with power.

I will refrain from insulting you... for now... but please do try to see beyond what only appeals to the self interest of leaders...

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
ivandragon:

don't know why you would say that's the 'height of idiocy'. however, I guess you are one of those being force fed with propaganda & chose believe what only aligns with your own beliefs. GEJ was intelligent, that didnt make him omniscient! Corruption has been in Nigeria pre-1999 & it will continue as long as your likes continue to support the status quo... Buhari is here to secure the interest of the Fulani oligarchy, nothing more! & he is painting GEJ so black to ensure that the SS is never trusted with power.

I will refrain from insulting you... for now... but please do try to see beyond what only appeals to the self interest of leaders...

[size=14pt]
Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers[/size]

Making this revelation was Baba-Kusa himself, in a statement of witness filed in the high court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), where he, Dasuki and three others(Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited (owned by Baba-Kusa) and a former director of finance in ONSA, Shuaibu Salisu) are facing trials.

The NNPC director confessed that the money was spent on prayers to hasten the defeat of the insurgents, and that it was released in two tranches of N1,450,000,000 and N750,000,000, adding that the proposal was verbal.

I wish you can show me past corruption as silly as this. This is now way logical. Our soldiers did not have bullets, food and supplies.

And 2.2 Billion diverted for prayers.

I am sorry, I can not in any way tag GEJ intelligent and what you read in bolded is nothing short of idiocy.

Insulting me will not change it.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by ivandragon: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can see, you had to go violent to the point of calling me Nonsense. That shows my point. A lot of people just jump in and follow the bad wagon with out weighing the true problem.

When people say Obasanjo met worse, I would like them to tell us at what level.

When we talk of low price of Crude, OBJ met worse but during OBJ's tenure, Crude Prices shot up and he was able to cushion the economic hardship we faced.

There was a similar rate of inflation of goods and services under OBJ. Things were hard. I remember Al Mustapha explaining how bad things were using a bowl of garri price in the market.

Things were hard for OBJ and he did not fix it in a year or two. His tenure was salvaged by the rise in Crude Oil.

This current administration is facing equivalent but the inflow is even worse because, despite the drop in Crude Oil price, the consistent attack on Crude Oil facilities have not given the administration a chance to fix things.

It is terrible when people want to criticise without painting the whole picture.

GEJ wrecked the country. We can not explain why things are like this without explaining how we came to this point. Expecting GEJ out of the story is a joke. We are talking of a government that looted funds recovered from Abacha.

so you can get upset when someone refers to your post as nonsense but had no qualms referring to another as height of idiocy? that's just the issue with you lot... double standards & hypocrisy. you will conveniently twist facts to suit your aims. you talk of the 'whole picture', how can your picture be whole without looking at the root causes? the present Nigerian foundation since 1885/6 is faulty, but for you, Nigeria came into existence in 1999...
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
ivandragon:

so you can get upset when someone refers to your post as nonsense but had no qualms referring to another as height of idiocy? that's just the issue with you lot... double standards & hypocrisy. you will conveniently twist facts to suit your aims. you talk of the 'whole picture', how can your picture be whole without looking at the root causes? the present Nigerian foundation since 1885/6 is faulty, but for you, Nigeria came into existence in 1999...

If someone refers to my post as nonsense, I want the person to give me a clear reason why he thinks I made a nonsense statement.

However, that referral was not just my comment. The comment ended and the person said Nonsense.

That came to me more like an abuse than a person describing my post having a nonsensical view.
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by ivandragon: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[size=14pt]
Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers[/size]

Making this revelation was Baba-Kusa himself, in a statement of witness filed in the high court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), where he, Dasuki and three others(Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited (owned by Baba-Kusa) and a former director of finance in ONSA, Shuaibu Salisu) are facing trials.

The NNPC director confessed that the money was spent on prayers to hasten the defeat of the insurgents, and that it was released in two tranches of N1,450,000,000 and N750,000,000, adding that the proposal was verbal.

I wish you can show me past corruption as silly as this. This is now way logical. Our soldiers did not have bullets, food and supplies.

And 2.2 Billion diverted for prayers.

I am sorry, I can not in any way tag GEJ intelligent and what you read in bolded is nothing short of idiocy.

Insulting me will not change it.

well, I would assume you are one of those who started following Nigerian politics from 1999 & anything pre that, you are oblivious to it. let me make something clear, I do not support corruption in any form, but I do know that massive corruption arises from an inherent flaw in a system, if you don't fix that flaw, corruption will still strive just like you have in the recent recruitments, the budget saga, lopsided appointments, working with corrupt people in your government, lying about educational qualifications, harassment of critics, indecision in policy making etc... this is a president that claimed to have no home in Abuja, that claimed that Abacha never stole... its stupidity to think that there will be a lasting change if the country is not restructured... but again, your likes don't see beyond their noses...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by ivandragon: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960.

if you do not follow the history of Nigeria, be cautious in your commentary. Nigeria did not come into being in 1999 or 2010... we might as well blame the Berlin Conference for our present predicament...
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Omotayor123(f): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
greatness22:
Lol, i hope you're not among the hailling hailers? grin
tongue
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by adconline(m): 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Just as we are different, our perspective of life and matters are different.

Before this government came in, I wrote an article asking what was the biggest Challenge we faced as a country.

Even though the response was few, most said corruption.

As much as much as people feel this government is not doing much, they are actually achieving a lot. We are now seeing a padded budget that would have gone through the senate unopposed going through ridicule and screening. We saw people leave offices and the budget reviewed.

Just as we are seeing loans that would cause workers their jobs and people their hard earned money, we are seeing those people pursued.

We are seeing a battle against corruption. Even though some call it one sided, I feel any battle against corruption is a battle in the right direction.

As long as the corruption war continues, I will continue believing this government is winning. If corruption reduce, a lot of things we are complaining about will get better.

Things are this bad because of the corruption we came out from and if (which I believe will) it continues and intensifies, I see this government winning and going down as one of the best.

I do not see this government failing. I believe criticism keeps the government on their toes, so it is welcomed.

I just want judgment after the government finishes its term.

If we judged OBJ from his first year, he would have been a disaster. With time, he turned out an okay leader.
We might see things differently, but facts are sacrosanct! GMB padded and increased the budget by 50% form N4tn to N6tn. He still kept capital budget at 30% so 70% of the budget if for recurrent expenditure..chop money.
Now his aides are saying that they can only implement 15% of the capital budget.
Cost to run presidency in 2015 =N6.6tn ( GEJ and GMB)
Cost to run prsidency in 2016 =N39bn a whopping 600% increase when GMB is advocating austerity measures for Nigerians.
GMB still maintains the same presidential feet he inherited from GEJ
GMB is being profligate and hypocritical.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by aresssa: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
[s]
forray:

Lol..... Funny u should post that quote.... Talking about history... Where u born in 1984/1985.....do u know Buhari's history? I asked you a question and u r dropin a quote for me....am asking again how is this continues blaming of the past a solution to our current problems?

Let me drop one of my own

The best way to shut up a habitual complainant is to ask him for solutions.
Reno Omokri
[/s]

Wendell Simlin: American woman accuses Reno Omokri of identity theft

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174113-wendell-simlin-american-woman-accuses-reno-omokri-identity-theft.html

An American woman has accused President Goodluck Jonathan’s special assistant on New Media, Reno Omokri, of impersonation and identity theft.
Mr. Omokri had used the now infamous moniker, Wendell Simlin, in his attempt to link the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Lamido Sanusi, to the terrorist group Boko Haram.
Back in February 2014, Mr. Omokri wound up in a scandal after digital footprint of an article that tried to link the spike in Boko Haram attack to the suspension of Mr. Sanusi as CBN governor was traced to him.
Mr. Omokri allegedly used the pseudonym, Wendel Simlin, in the article circulated to bloggers and journalists but the document digital signature was identical to previous documents Mr. Omokri had sent to PREMIUM TIMES.

I don't even know why you keep referencing a crook, a forger and the mouthpiece for the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent government in the history of mankind..
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by aresssa: 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
forray:

My calculations sounds goofy?... LMAO... Despite how easy I made it. Tells much about you. My calculations if u can work it out wld simply tell u that the talk of this country is broke is rubbish.

Before we talk about plan, why not talk about the right steps. Nothing this government has done is pointing in the right direction.

Go tru this thread, it will tell you how serious of a person Buhari is regarding ruling this country

https://www.nairaland.com/3211499/buharis-appointments-anti-north---junaid-ibrahit

A person who is ready to genuinely move Nigeria forward can not be this nepotistic.

Regarding plans I believe the president has his manifestos and I also believe shld have plans to implement his manifestos. In 8months time or so, he will be two years in office. And we will keep blaming the past.

Invest on power.... Give ur constant light and see businesses grow.

Improve our agriculture, if he has gotten to work immediately instead of blaming the past and he is really serious about diversifying our economy.... I believe major agricultural products wld been ready for importation and consumption. Instead he is pumping more into exploration of oil in the north. Seriously.

See mehn, everything about this administration is just so wrong. Good luck Jonathan was never a choice, but buhari is even worst off.

We keep hearing millions recovered from loots but the country is still broke. Nothing is working and its all due to this administration clueless ness.

And in your mind, what you listed that your country failed to do since independence including 16 years of PDP looting and stealing could be done in less than a year?

You know for a fact that investments in power generation can grow our economy, but what happened to 16 years of PDP and the $20 billion power funds?

They did not know that power can grown our economy and remove the darkness once and for all?

I also wonder why you people sit quietly unconcerned and failed to share this wonderful ideas about power growing the economy, but all of a sudden have all kinds of wonderful ideas to share after your uncles lost at the polls.

You and your kind care less about Nigeria, all you care about his your love for crooked, corrupt and incompetent people that you think should be in power to keep looting and wrecking Nigeria.

God did not answer your prayers at the polls and wont forever and never...
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by rrikado(m): 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
this write up is shit
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by forray(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
aresssa:

And in your mind, what you listed that your country failed to do since independence including 16 years of PDP looting and stealing could be done in less than a year?

You know for a fact that investments in power generation can grow our economy, but what happened to 16 years of PDP and the $20 billion power funds?

They did not know that power can grown our economy and remove the darkness once and for all?

I also wonder why you people sit quietly unconcerned and failed to share this wonderful ideas about power growing the economy, but all of a sudden have all kinds of wonderful ideas to share after your uncles lost at the polls.

You and your kind care less about Nigeria, all you care about his your love for crooked, corrupt and incompetent people that you think should be in power to keep looting and wrecking Nigeria.

God did not answer your prayers at the polls and wont forever and never...

You starting to sound like a broken record. No needed arguing with a narrow minded individual like you. And for your information I voted for the lady in kowa..... So u can see how much of a f**l you are making of yourself assuming everybody who speak against this government is a supporter of Jonathan.

Since pdp wasted 16yrs, according to individual like you, we shld allow another 16yrs down the drain.....SMH. A government of almost 18 months has nothing to show other than blames.

Like I spoke against Jonathan's government and its failure, so I will speak against any lackluster government. Not everybody is a bigot like you whoes life revolves around apc and pdp...almost 15 parties contested for last presidential election.

And Pls have some shame and learn to say the truth when it's right there in front of you. I know your type, even if the truth walks up to you and smack you on ur face, u still won't recognize it.

So tell me how long do we have to wait for this hardship to end? Another 16yrs? And in all sincerity, can u please name one way in which the masses in the street in general has benefited for this government. Iranu

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by aresssa: 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
forray:

You starting to sound like a broken record. No needed arguing with a narrow minded individual like you. And for your information I voted for the lady in kowa..... So u can see how much of a f**l you are making of yourself assuming everybody who speak against this government is a supporter of Jonathan.

Since pdp wasted 16yrs, according to individual like you, we shld allow another 16yrs down the drain.....SMH. A government of almost 18 months has nothing to show other than blames.

Like I spoke against Jonathan's government and its failure, so I will speak against any lackluster government. Not everybody is a bigot like you whoes life revolves around apc and pdp...almost 15 parties contested for last presidential election.

And Pls have some shame and learn to say the truth when it's right there in front of you. I know your type, even if the truth walks up to you and smack you on ur face, u still won't recognize it.

So tell me how long do we have to wait for this hardship to end? Another 16yrs? And in all sincerity, can u please name one way in which the masses in the street in general has benefited for this government. Iranu

This government is a 12 months old government and not 18 months so work on your math and knowledge about your own country before arguing.

1 year and less than 6 months approved budget enough to start and finish power plants to move us away from 55 years of darkness and if so, please show us where it was done and where power plants are constructed and put to use in less than 6 months.

2. You obviously know nothing about the power situation and arrangements in your own country hence your ignorant rants about power.

3 The last crooked and corrupt administration privatized Nigeria's power infrastructures to their cronies for pennies even though they have zero experience in that field, they also don't have funds to invest or grow their operations, even banks wont give them money to grow.

4. So, exactly what about the state of power generation and transmission you do not understand? Your crooked uncles sold and privatized the power sector so exactly what do you want the government to do? Perform magic and build power plants in less than six months?

It's very frustrating going back and forth with ignorant people, hypocrites and disingenuous people with zero knowledge about anything?

Where is the sense and wisdom in expecting 55 years failure to be corrected in less than 1 year? Are you for real or you are just mentally flawed and grossly illogical?

Your only problem here is the fact that we don't want to forget how we got here and who saddled us with this mess, that's your problem.

And saying nothing is being done in the power sector was another sad reflection of your ignorance, last we checked, all the power projects your uncles budged for and abandoned are back on track because this administration prioritized it..

Construction work on 700MW Zungeru power plant in Nigeria resumes

http://constructionreviewonline.com/2016/05/construction-work-on-zungeru-power-plant-in-nigeria-resumes/

Siemens to supply turnkey solution for power plant in Nigeria

Erlangen, 2016-Feb-10

Three gas turbines for the power plant project Azura-Edo
Total installed capacity of 459 megawatts

Long-term service contract over twelve years
Fourth power plant order from Nigeria
Siemens has received an order for the key components of the Azura-Edo IPP power plant in the south of Nigeria. The turnkey plant with a total installed electrical generating capacity of 459 megawatts (MW) will be erected in collaboration with the local Julius Berger Nigeria PLC construction company. Customer is the independent power provider Azura Power West Africa. Siemens has also been awarded a long-term service contract for maintenance and service of the plant for a period of twelve years. Siemens Financial Services (SFS) has been involved in the structuring of the financing since 2012 and is contributing USD 50 million to partially fund the development, construction and operation of the project's first phase. The commissioning is scheduled for July 2018.

http://www.siemens.com/press/en/pressrelease/?press=/en/pressrelease/2016/power-gas/pr2016020153pgen.htm&content[]=PG&content[]=SFS

Construction of 550 Megawatts Power Plant to Begin in June

Handlers of the 550megawatts (mw) Independent Power Plant (IPP) in Ondo State said the construction activities will begin by June this year as the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has issued a licence for it.

The plant will be built and operated by the Ondo State Government and its partners, Kingline Development Company, a South Korean Company.

Kingline Head of Nigeria Operations, Engr. Akinnola Fola who disclosed this in Abuja said the construction of the plant would commence by June. "The project is in the final stage before achieving finance close," he stressed.

The state last year sealed an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract with POSCO E & C of South Korea for the first phase of the proposed 1,100mw IPP project

The gas-fired open cycle plant on completion, will sell its 550mw generation to the national grid while it expects another 550mw in the phase 2.

The construction is expected to take about 26 months from commencement and date of issuing the Notice To Proceed (NTP), while POSCO will supply the turbine and other engineering works,

Source : allafrica.com

Get some education about your own country and stop spewing trash on the internet..
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by aresssa: 10:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
Aliko Dangote, a concrete magnate who is worth an estimated $15 billion, said the refinery and petrochemical plant has the potential to satisfy Nigeria's daily requirement of 445,000 to 550,000 barrels of fuel, with spare capacity to export

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/06/news/economy/nigeria-dangote-energy-oil-refinery/

Just to make you sad because you people are sadists.

No more fuel shortages in less than 2 years, no more terrorists blowing up fuel transportation to power plants..

The future is bright, great and excellent, but you don't have to be part of it, slit your wrist...
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by forray(m): 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
aresssa:

Just to make you sad because you people are sadists.

No more fuel shortages in less than 2 years, no more terrorists blowing up fuel transportation to power plants..

The future is bright, great and excellent, but you don't have to be part of it, slit your wrist...

Like I said no need wasting my breath on someone who is so bigoted like u. Once u speak about this government, u are a supporter of pdp. I never said Buhari shld change Nigeria for better overnight.....but mister man, a year plus is more Dan Enuf for a government who is ready to work to start having positive influences on its citizens and deep down within urself.... U know the country is worst off. U wld bring up ur lame excuses of the money was looted and I am asking u if this government hasn't been making more Dan Enuf to help reduce the suffering on its citizens? If not, what have dey been doing?

No body wld be so sadistic and start talking ill of what is actually working. If u want to see the failure of this government, move out of ur comfort zone and see people suffering. Instead of hiding behind ur phone to justify rubbish.

You are here talking about the availability of fuel, at what cost? U will hail the removal of subsidy, what was Buhari take on subsidy back den? Be sincere to urself Pls.

When people u never imagine start calling for assistance, den you know what's up.

And Pls stop posting those rubbish link just like the current media corruption fight. Comot for internet small, leave ur TV and other propaganda outlet, go out and see the reality on ground.

Nigeria no get money, Nigeria no get money, but the executive, legislative and judiciary arms of government gets their bogus monthly pay and allowance regularly without any itch. What exactly is the current administration sacrifice for the masses? Instead it continued with the same expensive life style like in the pass. But when it comes to reducing hardship from the masses, the country is broke.... Same old same old. Must the masses always be the one to bear the burnt of the misrule?

In sincerity, Buhari doesn't not need so much to convince right thinking people that he is for real. All he has to do is show he is doing things different for the way they are normally done, same sets of thieving politicians in his cabinet, same budget of fraud like in the past and u are here expecting a different result. U havent learnt a single thing from ur past.

This is my last reply to u, like I said before, even if the truth is standing right in front of u, ur bigotry and hypocrisy won't allow ur recognize it. People like u who thinkings Nigeria is all about APC and Pdp wld be the downfall of this administration and for ur infor, 4yrs is around the corner. I was a staunch critics of the past government and I don't see anything that is been done differently here.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by DRock27: 5:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by aresssa: 5:44am On Jul 08, 2016
[s]
forray:

Like I said no need wasting my breath on someone who is so bigoted like u. Once u speak about this government, u are a supporter of pdp. I never said Buhari shld change Nigeria for better overnight.....but mister man, a year plus is more Dan Enuf for a government who is ready to work to start having positive influences on its citizens and deep down within urself.... U know the country is worst off. U wld bring up ur lame excuses of the money was looted and I am asking u if this government hasn't been making more Dan Enuf to help reduce the suffering on its citizens? If not, what have dey been doing?

No body wld be so sadistic and start talking ill of what is actually working. If u want to see the failure of this government, move out of ur comfort zone and see people suffering. Instead of hiding behind ur phone to justify rubbish.

You are here talking about the availability of fuel, at what cost? U will hail the removal of subsidy, what was Buhari take on subsidy back den? Be sincere to urself Pls.

When people u never imagine start calling for assistance, den you know what's up.

And Pls stop posting those rubbish link just like the current media corruption fight. Comot for internet small, leave ur TV and other propaganda outlet, go out and see the reality on ground.

Nigeria no get money, Nigeria no get money, but the executive, legislative and judiciary arms of government gets their bogus monthly pay and allowance without . But when it comes to reducing hardship from the masses, the country is broke.... Same old same old.

In sincerity, Buhari doesn't not need so much to convince right thinking people that he is for real. All he has to do is show he is doing things different for the way they are normally done, same sets of thieving politicians in his cabinet, same budget of fraud like in the past and u are here expecting a different result. U havent learnt a single thing from ur past.

This is my last reply to u, like I said before, even if the truth is standing right in front of u, ur bigotry and hypocrisy won't allow ur recognize it. People like u who thinkings Nigeria is all about APC and Pdp wld be the downfall of this administration and for ur infor, 4yrs is around the corner. I was a staunch critics of the past government and I don't see anything that is been done differently here.
[/s]

Boring, not interested...

Nigerian is moving on to better things with or without you and your kind...
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Izontubo(m): 5:51am On Jul 08, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As long as the corruption war intensifies, the sensitivity of the public to corrupt matters increases. Remember the budget padding. How people reacted. It used to be normal but now even corrupt people complained about it.

it's all money Bro. ...poverty...The ekiti people whom you claim are rising up are a faction paid by apc politicians....Nigeria is on a long thing like our friend said....

Don't get your hopes high...If nigerians wake up what the result would be is a revolution and not clinging our hopes on an old corrupt general....
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by Naughtylyn: 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
Those hailing non performance and an insensitive government like the are candidates for psychiatric evaluation.

Young people who need to empower themselves or you need to empower someone to be self reliant should buy this resource here.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8
Re: Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru by damon222: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
aresssa:

1. There are consequences when you loot and steal your country's money and reserves. I means you won't have any or enough reserves left to import what you need, it means price increase. What you are talking about is the sad consequence of PDP's looting and stealing and gross incompetency so you are the zombie for not knowing these basic facts.

2. There are consequences when you failed to build refineries to prevent fuel shortages after 16 years in office with more than enough money to do so, but instead looted and shared every kobo. What you are talking about is the sad consequence of PDP's looting and stealing and gross incompetency so you are the zombie for not knowing these basic facts.

3. There are consequences when you budget money for projects every year, but still did not build everything because you've looted every kobo.

What you are talking about is the sad consequence of PDP's looting and stealing and gross incompetency so you are the zombie for not knowing these basic facts.

You are obviously the zombie..
Look at these servants! If your brother Buhari must fight corruption, he should persuade his wife to travel to US. thieves. He be like say the name zomby dey pain you. I be proudly wailer not (zombies) hailers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibrahim Shekarau Visits Fani Kayode(photos) / Senator Ndume Tells Court He Can't Find, Bring Maina To Face His Fraud Trial / You Can’t Defect To APC With Our Mandate, PDP Tells Matawalle, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.