Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,906 members, 7,866,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

Follow The Rules And Get Your Success - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Follow The Rules And Get Your Success (299 Views)

Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer / How You Can Help Your Children Follow The Growth Pattern Of Jesus / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Follow The Rules And Get Your Success by ken2015: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
Follow The Rules And Get Your Success

REV.BR. KENNETH CHIGOZIE ALAMEZIE, BSS

Although this may prickle quite hard the ears of some churchy folks, yet I don’t mind saying it anyways. Many will be disappointed to learn, when they get to heaven, that what their preachers, supposed shepherds had sold them in churches or Christian gatherings as gospel messages are but gullible messages of horrible self-sent, self-serving messengers, accursed children indeed, according to Gal 1:7-9. This is not in any way an attempt to discredit any preacher. I haven’t got that sort of time. Instead, the Scripture is there to do that just very well.
Against what we hear people propagate these days as gospel, which tend to put the cart before the horse, the true gospel, according to the Scripture, is all about God's grace made available in Christ for the whole of creation and which aim is, first, to give salvation to all who'd believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that ‘whosoever believeth in him’ should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved (Jn 3: 16-17), and to unite all things in Christ at the set time, “Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him” (Eph 1:9-10). This is powerful and hope-evoking, isn’t it? One day we’re all going to experience a unified heaven and earth, where the saints are going to be in power, “And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth” (Rev. 5:10). I sure love this; and I don’t care what your take is on this. For all I care, God has said it and it’s going to happen just as He said it would. And I believe this promise isn’t meant for then alone, but both for now and then. Isn’t this beautiful, what salvation offers us?
And this salvation is a holistic one, in the sense that it embraces all facets of life of the saved person. Yet it should be noted that it is of paramount importance to God the reign of His kingdom in Hearts of men just as He wants it on the earth, “And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said…Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you” (Luke 17:20-21), “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”(Matt 6:33).
From this we can deduce then that any gospel that tends to put first what should come second, that is, putting acquisition of earthly needs and wants before salvation of the soul (which is being born-again and receiving the kingdom, reign, of God in one’s life) is devoid of God's support. Am I preaching another gospel here? No! Indeed, you don’t count two to count one; rather you count one to count two. Though, I must admit this applies only to sane folks, as any mad man can even jump to five and start counting from there and nobody would care because he’s insane. Now, isn’t this where we get it wrong in most messages being preached in churches of today? I bet it is!
The people are fed with the wrong kind of food, poisonous and capable of destroying their spiritual growth hormone. Little wonder too many are spiritually dead while others are but spiritual peewees, akakpos! You don’t seek the kingdom last, rather Scripture says you seek it first, period! And it is when you begin to seek the kingdom first that you get prosperity trailing you. That’s the rule; and sadly one we’ve failed to apply.
Brethren, I wish you tear off that spiritual bandana blindfolding your spiritual eyes. Flip open your Scripture and find this truth out for yourself. Believe me It will shock you to know that those selling you this other gospel, whether it be the one of Prosperity before Salvation, death for perceived enemies, which is Boko Haramic in nature, or otherwise are merely conning you of your belongings, as the so-called prosperity message centers mainly on one thing-- tithe payment. Believe me, if folks would today stop paying tithe in churches you’d see many of these con men in their true nature. You might even get some of them return to Upper Iweka to their original business of phone/bag snatching and all that.
It baffles me that although this issue of tithing shouldn’t be made a law as it has become one today (for people are now brainwashed into believing that if they don’t pay in full and constantly their tithe they’d be cursed by God, which has made some to be complying not from their heart, but out of fear as though they are still under the law), given that the practice belongs to the Jews to whom the law was given,” Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law, that is the Jews” (Rom.3:19)yet it has become the gospel of so many a minister in the church of today.
But Jesus never said that was the criteria for material blessings, and I am yet to see a place in the NT where it is categorically stated that such is the principle for prosperity. Rather Christ gave us two, seeking first the kingdom and giving from the heart, which to the best of my knowledge the apostles maintained throughout their earthly ministry. These two are very clearly spelt out in Mathew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and ‘all these things’ shall be added unto you” and Luke 6:38-39, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; ‘good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom’. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again” (emphasis added). Thus, you only need to seek first the kingdom my friend and you’ll actually have all other things on your trail.
This is evident in the whole of Scripture, both in the Old and New Testaments, and they that wish to serve God and not their own selfish course, they that wish to speak the mind of God and not their own misguided beliefs, which often are borne out of what they learn from people revered and esteemed by society as God's mouthpiece even when obviously they are not; they that wish to represent Christ and glorify His name and not themselves and their names, they that have the sound spirit of Christ and not the foreign spirit from Lucifer, which will often appear as the Spirit of light to deceive uninformed, greedy folks, would not want to trade this truth for paltry gains. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Return To God / Billy Graham Answers People Who Ask If God Is Responsible For Evil In This World / Believing Lies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.