Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,328 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Education Around The World: Defects In 6-3-3-4 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Around The World: Defects In 6-3-3-4 (351 Views)

NNPC, NLNG Earmark $4mn For Establishment Of Laboratories In 6 Universities / N10k To 10 Students Each(Phase 1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7 8(9&10) Grand finale Ended..) / Learn How To Speak Igbo Language In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education Around The World: Defects In 6-3-3-4 by PETENOIT(m): 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
In an intense conversation with my parent as I prepared for my first degree graduation ceremony, I discovered that over 20 years ago, the accolade ascribed to first degree holders or graduates are not been given them now. In an effort to know why, my parent told me that a graduate at that time was far better than a graduate now in all facets of life. According to them, “he is more ready than most graduates are today.” This brought me to a moment of thought, evaluation and research. I am of the opinion that we should be better as graduates now, than most of our parent were. The decline in standard of graduates produced by various tertiary institutions is a pointer to the fact that the system and educational policies which produced them are not without faults or errors.
In a study of a few working educational systems around the world (Finland, USA, and
South Korea), the following observations were made which I think are responsible for the success of education in these countries.
1. Compulsory education for the first 16-18 years of life
2. Early childhood education included physical development, social development, emotional development, cognitive development.
3. Provision of guidance and counseling to pupils and students alike.
4. As a result of the guidance and counseling provided, students get to decide either to
Pursue academics or vocations.
5. Ensuring equal educational opportunity for all.
6. Teachers training: Brightest graduates are trained to become professional teachers in
schools. It is also ensured that these teachers are well versed in the area of guidance and
counseling.
READ MORE AT http://parroters.com/defects-in-6-3-3-4/

(1) (Reply)

Later / Distance Learning Degree / SAP ABAP Online Training From Hyderabad,india|usa|uk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.