Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,158 members, 7,864,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

Who Is A Nigerian? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is A Nigerian? (564 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Nigerian? by akbaba1: 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
Hey Nairalanders, i want u guyz to reach a decision with me.
In your 2 cents op, i need u to help with this two questions.
1. Who is a Nigerian?
2. Who would I like a Nigerian to be?
Thanks.
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by mccloud224(m): 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
There are no true nigerians (at heart).Only tribal groups struggling to co-exist in this geopolitical joke called Nigeria.
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by Magz(m): 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
Africans are Africans. We are all one people, one nation, one tribe.

It was the white man who drew up the ficticious borders that divide and seperate us all.
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by mccloud224(m): 2:02am On Sep 10, 2009
Africans are Africans. We are all one people, one nation, one tribe.

It was the white man who drew up the ficticious borders that divide and seperate us all.

@Magz

WRONG! We've been slaughtering each other like cattle in silly tribal wars before the white man came around.Whether slavery came or not, we would have killed most of ourselves off (talk about the black man's blood thirst).Don't blame it all on the white man.He didn't have the power to divide us.We already wanted division.All we needed was a "demi-god" to give the "go ahead".Same thing about Nigeria.If we were "one tribe" as you say, Lord Luggard wouldn't have had the effrontery to divide us into the so called "protectorates".We were already divided and have always been.Even blacks of similar language are still at a silent war with themselves e.g Ijaw VS itshekiri, Ife VS Modakeke, Anioma VS Aniocha (Igboland).It's everywhere.

I'm a 100% blackman but we seem to have this hate "gene" imbedded in our brains.Ours is worse than Adolf Hitler.The difference is there were more people of on group than most.Take the US for instance, 98% of black deaths are brought about by blacks themselves (crime and senseless street gangs who don't even know how the bloods and crips started or what it stood for).Just the desire to kill.

World war II took over a year to claim a million lives (even with the weapons of mass destruction).During the Hutu and Tutsi genocide, over a million lives were lost through matches in a few weeks.What does that tell you?WE ARE ANIMALS! Period!

Thank God for education.
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by mccloud224(m): 2:09am On Sep 10, 2009
@Topic

CORRECTION!

World war II took over a year to claim a million lives (even with the weapons of mass destruction).During the Hutu and Tutsi genocide, over a million lives were lost through matchetes in a few weeks.What does that tell you?WE ARE ANIMALS! Period!
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by Magz(m): 2:37am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Mcloud224, you are a fool. You believe just what the white man wants you to believe, and you odviously subscribe to the doctrine of white superiority.

Furthermore, do you live in America?
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by mccloud224(m): 2:55am On Sep 10, 2009
@Magz

You know, it's always easy to spot someone with an I.Q lesser than 20 from a mile way (an ape is smarter than that).A person of sound mind would have countered my post with a well compiled post stating facts but instead, you prefer to reply with insults.That's okay brother, i will not give you the benefit of a rebuttal because that would actually make you look significant.

Do i live in the US?Brother, i spent my early years in the US.Finished schooling back here and i have a good job (thank God).You on the other hand, i don't need to know who you are to know what you do in the US.It's only three things :

(1)You are a drug peddler
(2)Fraudster
(3)Street cleaner

No well educated person residing in the US would reply in such a manner.And by the way, if you feel the white man isn't superior to YOU, why do you ask me if i live there like it's the biggest achievement to ever occur in your life? Grow up man.Learn how to talk.Also, don't bother coming back to 9ja coz you'll be denied a second visa.It's people like you that make it hard for others at embassy.

Nuff said.
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2009
nigerian ko,nigerian ni,

there is no nation on earth as fake as this country called nigeria
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by rexertea(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2009
those who stay in Nigeria are called Nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

MODERATOR or SEUN: What Are All These SPAMS From rhemaforus All About? / Where Can I Get The Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes! / See As Them Yeye My Drogba!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.