Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

How To Bait Parrots - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Bait Parrots (4322 Views)

Senegal Parrots And Ringneck Parakeets Available / Senegal Parrots And Adorable Love Birds For Sale / Africa Grey Parrots For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Bait Parrots by kchaste(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
Does anyone know I can bait parrots? There are lots of parrots in a giant tree just some distance from where I work. Is there any way I can bait?
Re: How To Bait Parrots by BomboyOnline: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
kchaste:
Does anyone know I can bait parrots? There are lots of parrots in a giant tree just some distance from where I work. Is there any way I can bait?

Set a big trap with food in it on the tree. Where is your office located? Do you know the type of parrots?
Re: How To Bait Parrots by BomboyOnline: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Re: How To Bait Parrots by bluejeff(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Interesting! Where is your office located?
Re: How To Bait Parrots by kchaste(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
BomboyOnline:

Set a big trap with food in it on the tree. Where is your office located? Do you know the type of parrots?

The ones with red feathers.
You hardly find them on the ground and the tree is a tall and giant one.
People around only make money selling off the feathers.
Re: How To Bait Parrots by kchaste(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
bluejeff:
Interesting! Where is your office located?

Okomu oil palm company. Edo state.
Re: How To Bait Parrots by lahit14(m): 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
No I disagree those birds might not be parrots man, and the chances they r not r very high no offenc man, am not calln u alair but wild parrots would rarely live on a tree whr evry1 can see them. Even in the wild u don't just see them anywhr anyhow.

1 Like

Re: How To Bait Parrots by BomboyOnline: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
kchaste:

The ones with red feathers.
You hardly find them on the ground and the tree is a tall and giant one.
People around only make money selling off the feathers.

The one like this, with the red tail?

African Grey Parrot

Re: How To Bait Parrots by kchaste(m): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
lahit14:
No I disagree those birds might not be parrots man, and the chances they r not r very high no offenc man, am not calln u alair but wild parrots would rarely live on a tree whr evry1 can see them. Even in the wild u don't just see them anywhr anyhow.

Bro as I said I work in okomu oil palm company. There is a forest reserve and a wild life part just after the farm. This tree am talking about is by the palm nursery far from the residential area and office place. People ve several times caught the newly hatched parrot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Bait Parrots by lahit14(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
kchaste:

Bro as I said I work in okomu oil palm company. There is a forest reserve and a wild life part just after the farm. This tree am talking about is by the palm nursery far from the residential area and office place. People ve several times caught the newly hatched parrot.

Well then maybe u might be right but the one's u'v heard or see people catch, what's their colour?
Re: How To Bait Parrots by kchaste(m): 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
BomboyOnline:

The one like this, with the red tail?
African Grey Parrot

Yes bro
Re: How To Bait Parrots by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2016
kchaste:

U should ask those ppl caghting the young ones to help u na,they should know better.but I doubt one can get to find the african grey arouund
Re: How To Bait Parrots by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2016
BOUNTYDOG:

U should ask those ppl caghting the young ones to help u na,they should know better.but I doubt one can get to find the african grey arouund

Keep Doubting ok. Ask yourself what feathers of birds will people pick and sell, or what young of birds will adults want to catch it young? The op called the name of the place, you should go and investigate instead of making him feel like he didn't know what he is saying. Learn to Believe people when they give vivid information about things.

2 Likes

Re: How To Bait Parrots by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 11, 2016
kchaste:

How much can I get a young parrot?
Re: How To Bait Parrots by kchaste(m): 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
Enezz:

Keep Doubting ok. Ask yourself what feathers of birds will people pick and sell, or what young of birds will adults want to catch it young? The op called the name of the place, you should go and investigate instead of making him feel like he didn't know what he is saying. Learn to Believe people when they give vivid information about things.

The matter tire me my brother. I had to follow one of the guys who caught one very young Parrot last year home just to prove to these guys that I know what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: How To Bait Parrots by Baroba(m): 12:50am On Jul 12, 2016
kchaste:

The matter tire me my brother. I had to follow one of the guys who caught one very young Parrot last year home just to prove to these guys that I know what am talking about.

That's an African Grey Parrot.. Never knew you can find them in Nigeria, thought it was only a Cameron..The young ones are easily trained to mimic human sounds, but you don't want to mess around with older birds.They are nightmares to keep, loud and very wild..

1 Like

Re: How To Bait Parrots by kchaste(m): 9:00am On Jul 12, 2016
Baroba:

That's an African Grey Parrot.. Never knew you can find them in Nigeria, thought it was only a Cameron..The young ones are easily trained to mimic human sounds, but you don't want to mess around with older birds.They are nightmares to keep, loud and very wild..

They are much around here. U find them mostly in the mornings and evenings
Re: How To Bait Parrots by Enyimbamercedes: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
kchaste:

They are much around here. U find them mostly in the mornings and evenings

So you want to catch a parrot and basically cage it for the rest of its life for your pleasure?? African grey needs a lot of space so please if you insist on keeping one, get a proper massive cage and items that it can interact with in the cage okay...and if you cannot do that just leave them in the wild and appreciate their beauty from afar.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Bait Parrots by ibietela2(m): 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
african grey... i have this
Re: How To Bait Parrots by KingAzubuike(f): 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
kchaste:

Do you know African greys cost nothing less than $1500 in the USA. They can even sell for as high as $3500.
Re: How To Bait Parrots by Prince3(m): 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
kchaste:

Does any one has this to sell , I had like to buy one from them... I hope u see my message
Re: How To Bait Parrots by Pethoues9ja: 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
Please I’m also interested if your lucky and get one WhatsApp me on this line 08169320038 thanks
Re: How To Bait Parrots by Obakovicho: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2022
Prince3:

Does any one has this to sell , I had like to buy one from them... I hope u see my message
It's plenty in bayelsa
Re: How To Bait Parrots by Prince3(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
Obakovicho:

It's plenty in bayelsa
Any contact to call?.

(1) (Reply)

Very Graphic Pix...pitbull Kills Its Owner / How Pure Is This GSD / Love My New Pet But Sometimes I Regret Buying It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.