Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker (19683 Views)

Dasuki: Let's Remember One Of Us - PDP (Photo) / Ondo 2016: Sheriff Faction Moves Primary Election To Ibadan / Ondo 2016: Sheriff Holds Primary Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by ijustdey: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
Apparently worried by the lingering National leadership crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, a member of the House of Representatives has appealed for understanding just as he called for a united opposition party in the country
Hon. Sergius Oguns, member representing Esan south east and Esan north east federal constituency who disclosed this said, the PDP must put its house in order for the sake of providing a viable opposition party to checkmate what he described as ‘excesses’ of the ruling party.

Speaking at his country home in Ugboha,Esan south east local government area of the, said “I want to say the least I can’t say I am worried,I was a member of the convention committee, I was there at Port Harcourt and when we returned back from the convention to Abuja, the minority leader in the house of Representative called some of us to go and see Alhaji Ahmadu Sheriff to plead with him that the party is supreme, that he should put the party first, that if we have offended him as a person ,we are coming on behalf of the PDP caucus in the house to ask for your forgiveness.

“Ahmadu complained of the injunctions that came and others saying that was the reason he stopped the Port Harcourt convention, he now told us that the governors have immunity ,that he doesn’t have, that he can be arrested, so he needs to obey the court orders, so we now pleaded that for whatever happened he should forgive us in the interest of the party.

“We left and regrouped that same evening to see Prof. Jerry Gana in his place to also let him know that we have met with Ahmadu Sheriff so that the supremacy of the party can prevail. So the next day,the BoT of the party meet with the caretaker committee,then it was resolved that the stakeholders are ready to work with the caretaker committee.

“In that meeting it was also resolved that some of our leaders, should get in touch with Ahmadu Sheriff and his people and it was later reported back that they couldn’t reach him, so I was surprised when I saw
in the papers that Ahmadu Sheriff said nobody reached him,that wasn’t correct. I personally was in his house alongside other caucus members.

“My prayers is that, His Excellency, Ahamdu Sheriff would for the sake of the party,do the needful and withdraw the cases in court and let us have one United party, so that we as an opposition party can take on the government of the day. As you and I know,things are not working right in this country,when was the last time did you hear someone speak as a united PDP? Nobody.

So I will plead with him that if people offended him,we say sorry and for the sake of Nigeria,let’s have a strong opposition party to check the government of the day.

http://thenationonlineng.net/edo-2016-sheriff-should-forgive-us-pdp-lawmaker/

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by CACAWA(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
. Eeyah

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Dcomrade(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
I blame temitemi1 RM(The kpomo cutting governor) and Wike for this crisis though. grin

They brought in Sheriff becos of their selfish interest, now they want to dump him just like that? grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Babacele: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
May all the enemies of Nigeria continue to turn against each other if they do not repent, amen.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Dcomrade(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
Babacele:
May all the enemies of Nigeria continue to turn against each other if they do not repent, amen.
Amen!!!

6 Likes

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
Swear allegiance to Sheriff and all will be forgiven. If not, then just forget about Edo. No Sheriff no PDP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Dcomrade(m): 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
The nation news paper though!!! undecided
Just take a look at their heading grin

Wicked!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by 4reigningqueen: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
This country don tire me!!!

what stops the fg from declaring tomorrow as public holiday since we have lost three days already.

Now those customers will not allow somebody rest tomorrow. 'Next customer plz' from morning till night.

Oh Lord! help me.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Godwin978(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
why is the topic double on fp? @seun
Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by jason44: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
HOWW TO GET FREE MTN 50 GB AT C..O.D.E.D.C.I.T.Y.C.O.M

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Slymonster(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
even with this,some will still come and blame apc..just watch

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Zico5(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
No, PDP need no unity. They should continue to play their card the way it is. 2019 is sure whether as a united party or not. Yeye people, they don't know they are paying the prize for their sins against Nigeria as a whole. They have not seen anything, sheriff will not stop until he finish them all. Useless people

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by hazyfm: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please is there still a party called PDP
We need a new opposition in Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by harrysjones(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
wether they like it or not APC WILL WIN THAT STATE. am 100 percent sure hit like if u want apc to win that state dont forget to check my signature

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Harwoyeez(m): 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by ifeelgood: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
I was surprised when I saw
in the papers that Ahmadu Sheriff said nobody reached him,that wasn’t correct. I personally was in his house alongside other caucus member.
Was Judas Fayoshe also there?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by IamPatriotic(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
No way! first make him the substantive chairman of PDP until 2018 or refund all the money he used in bailing you out of financial mess when Metuh, Fani Kayode and Fayose kept theirs in the bank., or else he'll scatter una.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Whenever I see Edo anywhere cool
Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
kontinu deceiving the silly street boys with this Ur stage planned crisis drama U hear.
Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
On a serious note, I think APC as an opposition party during the once almighty PDP reign should be applauded for unseating PDP.

Just take a look at PDP in less than 18 months as an opposition party, so unorganised and filled with disgruntled party members.

Unfortunately, the sad truth is PDP cannot be a formidable opposition party with the current set of people at its helms. The only alternative is to form a new party through merger devoid of anything of the old PDP, else, APC is gonna rule for the next 16 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by skywalker001(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
ijustdey:

So I will plead with him that if people
offended him,we say sorry and for the
sake of Nigeria phedeephe,let’s have a strong
opposition party to check the government
of the day
Corrected

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Dcomrade(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin
Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by saintkel(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hmm
Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by shamecurls(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
[size=18pt]#IStandWithSheriff[/size] grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Everything na double double

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
First of all, the name of your national chairman is Ali modu sheriff not Ahmadu sheriff, secondly, why is no one willing to accept that PDP defrauded sheriff and hence ought to carry out an act of restitution by paying him back all the monies they collected from him rather than holding onto the claim that he is a mole in their midst planted by APC. PDP are a bunch of cheats and nothing anyone can do to rid them of their spots.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by Badboiz(m): 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
See as title different from content. Very confusing
Re: Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker by lailo: 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dis guys are not serious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itse Sagay: SIP Shouldn’t Have Been Removed From Osinbajo’s Office / Sergeant Muhammed Kadade: Banditry Was Invented By Politicians / Fani-kayode Still In Custody For Fresh Allegation – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.