Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

"There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande (13337 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Osinbajo To Brief Nation On His Visit To Buhari In London - Laolu Akande / Prince Deji Arrested Over 'No Secret Trial' Protest For Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
*Explains private sector membership exclusion in Economic Management Team

By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA-

The Presidency has denied any secret recruitment of children and cronies of government functionaries at the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS and other juicy agencies and parastatals of government, saying that the reports about such exercise were “inaccurate”.

The presidency also explained the reason behind the exclusion of the private sector in the current Economic Management Team headed by the Vice President Yemi Osinabjo as was hitherto the case.

Recall that the media especially the online platforms had been awash with reports that the cronies of officials of the present government including President Muhammadu Buhari and his vice, Osinabjo had been secretly employed by many lucrative agencies of government without due process, thereby causing palpitations in many quarters of the society.

But speaking in an interview with select Journalists in Abuja, the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President, Mr. Laolu Akande refuted the claims, describing them as inaccurate.

He rather stated that the government was sanitizing the recruitment process and indeed, the public service systems to make them more transparent.

“These reports are inaccurate. What we heard is that government is working to ensure that we develop going forward in more transparent process. We are committed in going forward to ensure that some of these procedures are refined, fine-tuned and made to become more transparent,” he said.

On the economic team, Akande said that it was government responsibility to take on the economy.

“We have to understand that the attitude of this Presidency is to consider the management of the economy as a government responsibility. It is not something that this government believes should be done by bringing in some of the private interests into the economic team to take a decision that they will be directly involved with.

“So our stand is that the management of the economy is a government responsibility,” he added.

The media aide however explained that the private sector was not totally excluded as other stakeholders such as the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, MAN and the Nigerian Economic Summit Group, NESG, had also been engaged by the government.

“For instance, we have started meeting on constant basis with Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN). There have been meetings with arms of the economic sector of the country. There have been meetings with the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) and some other economic interests with companies, making presentations.

“But generally, this thing is a government team and the team has been able to set out before the budget trying to figure out what the budget ought to focus on. After the budget was presented and eventually signed, there was also the publication of the strategic implementation plan which was produced in a reader friendly format.

“All of these are the outcomes of what Economic Management Team does and it is also in the team that you have the heap of the whole physical and monetary policy and don’t forget that the monetary policy is always the duty and responsibility of the Central Bank which is an economic arm of government,” he said.

Asked when the nation would begin to feel the impact of the economic team and indeed the first fruit of the regime, Akande said that the government of president Buhari was committed to charting a new way forward for the country.

In any case, the presidential spokesperson said that the drastic reduction of corruption within the public circles was a laudable feat of the administration.

“As much as we try not to say this, we know as a matter of fact that members of the past administration, most of them have come out to say they did not save for the rainy day. So we are dealing mostly with situations that have been caused even before this administration took over power.

“The President and his team have worked hard and planned not only to save cost, not only to tighten public expenditure but to also diversify the economy like never before.

So we are sure and we believe that going forward, things will begin to pick up again. It is taking a while because of the extent of the damage.

“The first fruit is already in place because we have started rebuilding. I think to some extent, that question presupposes that building is still continuing, no! The rebuilding of the resources of this country that had stopped. I believe that a huge factor in the way Nigeria is today economically is corruption.

“We can’t run away from that and the President has made it clear and I think everyone in the country now understands that and it is not going to continue. Effectively, he has reduced the corruption in Nigeria”, he said.

Speaking on the delays encountered in the early implementation of the social welfare packages for the unemployed graduates, Akande attributed that to the late passage of the 2016 budget into law.

“You have to agree that we do have some delay in the whole process because of the timing of the budget approval. For instance, when we came in at the end of May, there was no way the government could implement some of those social welfare schemes because it was not budgeted for.

“So we had to wait for the budget process to kick in so that we can begin to put our ideas forward which was done and since the budget has been signed now, we are taking off”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/there-was-no-secret-recruitments-in-cbn-firs-others-presidency/

1 Like

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
“These reports are inaccurate. What we heard is that government is working to ensure that we develop going forward in more transparent process. We are committed in going forward to ensure that some of these procedures are refined, fine-tuned and made to become more transparent,” he said.
How can you justify the illicit recruitment(with evidence) of your affiliates and consanguine relations with mere and hackneyed sayings of promoting transparency?

Meanwhile, CBN accepted there was an illegal, secret recruitment in the sector that was aimed at recruiting people from certain states that were not properly represented in the sector (another lie).
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/200268-caught-employment-scam-cbn-explains-secret-recruitment.html

So why is this govt contradicting itself with portraying more lies to justify their conspicuous flaws?.

As usual, their zombies are always there to cheer them in their deceits.

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ee be like say una think say we be mumu for this country..
Anything wey dem ask una, una go link am go corruption ..

Because you dey fight corruption, I go come dey suffer?
Because you dey fight corruption, I go come dey hungry?

Which kind useless thieves be these??

Person go finish school..No job, you say you dey fight corruption? Wetin that one mean na?
While una dey cut poor people salary, una salary dey increase..

una children dey fly first class, me never even enter plane before..you tell me say you dey fight corruption??

Wetin I dey plan to do for this country go shock all of una...Since our people too timid to start revolution, only me go do am..make una just dey watch...
devils..!!!

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by SeverusSnape(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
As expected, The government of lies will deny. What do you expect when you have professional liars and fraudsters at the helm of affairs?.

Believe them at your own peril.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by freeze001(f): 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
He isn't even speaking from any position of authority or knowledge! He says 'What we heard...!' How does one refute a supposedly inaccurate account with mere probability?

blueto:

"These reports are inaccurate. What we heard is that government is working to ensure that we develop going forward in more transparent process. We are committed in going forward to ensure that some of these procedures are refined, fine-tuned and made to become more transparent,” he said.
I mean what is this? This Laolu and Adesina I don't know who is worse in d stupidity department!

What responsible govt intends to sincerely reposition and develop its economy without direct involvement of d private sector? How d hell is a 'government team' supposed to function effectively and deliver d goods without direct partnership n involvement with d private sector?
blueto:

On the economic team, Akande said that it was government responsibility to take on the economy.

“We have to understand that the attitude of this Presidency is to consider the management of the economy as a government responsibility. It is not something that this government believes should be done by bringing in some of the private interests into the economic team to take a decision that they will be directly involved with.
So our stand is that the management of the economy is a government responsibility,” he added.

Seriously where are all those APC goons n dumbos? Did y'all seriously rent d air with all d noisome sai baba rhetoric for this level of ineptitude and inveterate cluelessness? Then I shudder at ur gullibility...change indeed!

Decentralisation and fiscal autonomy is really d way to go! We cannot continue to have such a slow lot deciding d economic n financial fate of this entire country. They can limit their patented dullness to their own regions please!

Shebi they are denying shameful backdoor recruitments? Sahara Reporters! Over to u...finish d work with incontrovertible proof! Nonsense!

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by CyerSeries: 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Bunch of idiotic animals parading themselves are leaders.. sad .. May devil punish all of them there angry angry

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Bari22: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
yes is true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Goddex: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
I feel so ashamed of this VP Osinbajo for dragging the name of Redeemed Church in the mud with such Shameless lies.

The new staff FIRS smuggled in have since been posted nationwide. It is no longer a secret. I have met some of them personally.

Even the CBN accepted their own secret recruitment which they called "target recruitment". I t's a shame.

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Luckylife(m): 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thought CBN confirmed that there was recruitment into some special posts? It zombify to believe when the minister of information name is lie .

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
freeze001:
He isn't even speaking from any position of authority or knowledge! He says 'What we heard...!' How does one refute a supposedly inaccurate account with mere probability?

I mean what is this? This Laolu and Adesina I don't know who is worse in d stupidity department!

What responsible govt intends to sincerely reposition and develop its economy without direct involvement of d private sector? How d hell is a 'government team' supposed to function effectively and deliver d goods without direct partnership n involvement with d private sector?

Seriously where are all those APC goons n dumbos? Did y'all seriously rent d air with all d noisome sai baba rhetoric for this level of ineptitude and inveterate cluelessness? Then I shudder at ur gullibility...change indeed!

Decentralisation and fiscal autonomy is really d way to go! We cannot continue to have such a slow lot deciding d economic n financial fate of this entire country. They can limit their patented dullness to their own regions please!

Shebi they are denying shameful backdoor recruitments? Sahara Reporters! Over to u...finish d work with incontrovertible proof! Nonsense!
Truly, this govt is just sinking the Nigerian economy with deplorable economic policies. We can't condone these anymore.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by NaijaMutant(f): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
If nobody agrees to this atleast Nairaland zombies will agree to this?

Nothing pains me most than their ability to lie even when faced with brazen evidence

Unfortunately, we share a country with Zombies.

Continue with the lies, afterall Nairaland zombies are joblessly happy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nuells: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
This gov'ment is a joke, very annoying. Tufiakwa

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Frank3n2(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hmmm
Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
blueto:
Lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/there-was-no-secret-recruitments-in-cbn-firs-others-presidency/ .
Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy come and see what this govt is saying o.

2 Likes

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by ckmayoca: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
DDeliverer:

Person go finish school..No job, you say you dey fight corruption? Wetin that one mean na?

una children dey fly first class, me never even enter plane before..you tell me say you dey fight corruption??

Wetin I dey plan to do for this country go shock all of una...Since our people too timid to start revolution, only me go do am..make una just dey watch...
devils..!!!

You fit no be mumu but mumu plenty oh.
They will come and say it's true and start reminding us that GEJ recruited mama peace and Perm sec oh.

4 Likes

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by kross01(m): 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
This poor statement by this man explains a lot about what we are going through in this country presently. Which government that wants to progress that will exclude the private sector from it's economic management team? That is exactly why you guys keep doing trial and error policies with the economy. Last time i spent days searching for SAFEGUARD soap, only to be told that since this year, the manufacturers have not manufactured any fresh batch. We are in the 7th month of the year, think about the implications of that in terms of job losses and lost revenue all because some set of people who belong to stone age think it is safe to play politics with economic management of this country. Sadly people will still cheer them up even when they are the ones at the loosing end

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
kross01:
This poor statement by this man explains a lot about what we are going through in this country presently. Which government that wants to progress that will exclude the private sector from it's economic management team? That is exactly why you guys keep doing trial and error policies with the economy. Last time i spent days searching for SAFEGUARD soap, only to be told that since this year, the manufacturers have not manufactured any fresh batch. We are in the 7th month of the year, think about the implications of that in terms of job losses and lost revenue all because some set of people who belong to stone age think it is safe to play politics with economic management of this country. Sadly people will still cheer them up even when they are the ones at the loosing end
It seems their paid defensive zombies are no longer doing effective jobs to continue to delude gullible Nigerians to always blame PDP for the failure of Buhari.

But, seriously, vindicating this govt means ditching your probity, good reputation and rational reasoning.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
DDeliverer:

devils
..!!!
Just ensure the “revolution” is targeted and executed against this culpable govt and not innocent citizens.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 08, 2016
Yeyest government ever liveth

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Izontubo(m): 12:07am On Jul 08, 2016
Lol....yeye people...liars

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 08, 2016
NaijaMutant:
If nobody agrees to this atleast Nairaland zombies will agree to this?

Nothing pains me most than their ability to lie even when faced with brazen evidence

Unfortunately, we share a country with Zombies.

[Continue with the lies, afterall Nairaland zombies are joblessly happy
Zombies be like:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937744_img201607041216_jpegbda6d46f784eb9ff4fc7f988c0449fe3 gringrin .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by CecyAdrian(f): 12:33am On Jul 08, 2016
DDeliverer:

devils..!!!

Even the devil will be shocked at caliber of character and acts from our so called leaders. My brother am Readily available to join that revolution.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by babdap: 12:34am On Jul 08, 2016
Will comment tomorrow.
Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by ayzTIGER: 12:48am On Jul 08, 2016
Government of lies

8 Likes

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by kurt09(m): 2:08am On Jul 08, 2016
Speechless

3 Likes

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by omogin(f): 3:20am On Jul 08, 2016
OK now! May all those who are in the presidency whose relatives were secretly employed there, sleep and never wake up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 08, 2016
Laolu should be smarter than this. He knew in his heart of hearts that he was only telling white lies. Besides, he gave the impression that his principal, the VP, is not in the know on what goes on in the government he is an integral part of....The government should come up with a better story, this is too incredible to believe.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 08, 2016
lolsss..... i heard demdem has been given a position in Amaechi's cabinet for defending him so well on Nairaland..
Berex... was amongst d FIRS secret recruitment
.....lolss..

So dey shud come and defend dis lies...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by blackpanda: 6:45am On Jul 08, 2016
Nuells:
This gov'ment is a joke, very annoying. Tufiakwa

Lolz. Sorry.
Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 08, 2016
blackpanda:

Lolz. Sorry.
Wats ur position on this news? ?
Re: "There Was No Secret Recruitments In CBN, FIRS, Others" – Laolu Akande by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:09am On Jul 08, 2016
This Country is a joke.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apapa/Ijora Road: AG Dangote, Julius Berger Begin Rehabilitation On Other Roads / Chris Ngige: Igbos Held Sensitive Positions But Didn't Use It For Igbo Welfare / Gbajabiamila: Wrong Version Of Electoral Amendment Bill Was Sent To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.