Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) (1887 Views)

Obituary: Burial Of Israel Babatunde Ogunsola Nigerian Killed In London Is Today / Italy Arrests Nigeria’s ‘Rambo’ For Torturing, Killing Migrants In Libya / Fola Orebiyi, Nigerian Killed In London By Group Of Gang Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by wildrose21(m): 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
A man has been arrested by Italian police investigating the killing of a Nigerian immigrant which the government has condemned as a racist attack.

Police say a row broke out at Fermo, a town on Italy's east coast, when racist abuse was hurled at the partner of Emmanuel Chidi Namdi, 36.

The violence escalated when a traffic pole was pulled from the ground. The victim later died in hospital.

A local man described as a well-known "ultra" football fan is being held.

Amedeo Mancini, 35, was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of racially aggravated manslaughter. His lawyer said he "did not mean to kill" and that he had punched the Nigerian in self defence.

Fleeing Boko Haram

Emmanuel Chidi fled Nigeria with his partner Chinyery, 24, after their families came under attack from jihadist group Boko Haram.

Their families were killed in an attack on a Nigerian church in 2015, Italian media reported.

As the couple made their way across the Mediterranean, their baby died.

They finally arrived in Fermo last November and were taken in by a local Christian charity. They had a wedding ceremony in January, conducted by local priest Father Vinicio Albanesi, which was unofficial because they had lost their documents, Rai TV reported.

What happened on Tuesday evening is unclear. However, it is thought that the attacker subjected Chinyery to racist chanting and then grabbed her.

At that point the traffic pole was pulled out of the ground as Emmanuel Chidi and his attacker came to blows. He was taken to hospital in a coma but never recovered.

Prime Minister Matteo Renzi was among many across Italy who took to social media to express disgust at the killing, using the hashtag Emmanuel.

"The government today is in Fermo with Don Vinicio and the local institutions in memory of Emmanuel. Against hate, racism and violence," he wrote.

Visiting the town, Interior Minister Angelino Alfano told reporters on Thursday that the seed of racism had to be stopped before it could bear fruit. "The heart of Italy isn't represented by those who carried out this murder."

He also announced that Emmanuel Chidi's partner Chinyery had been granted refugee status.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36733575

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by Firstlieutenant(m): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
If to say na Ireneony that racist yab, I no for allow him blows kill me just like that.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by Luckylife(m): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
RIP! that blow must be deadly , he should ve channel it to boxing not racism.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by DaBullIT(m): 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Chidi and Chinyere ran away from Attack from Boko Haram ??

Who grants these asylums anyways ??

From where i am , I haven't heard or seen any Boko Haram attack on anyone from the eastern region

1 Like

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
Chidi and Chinyere ran away from Attack from Boko Haram ??

Who grants these asylums anyways ??

From where i am , I haven't heard or seen any Boko Haram attack on anyone from the eastern region

Whoever comes to give an account of affected persons including their names and states of origin? Are u not among those that talk of Igbos being well travelled and practically anywhere doing business? Now u see d effect of d handiwork of useless criminals called boko haram that will not allow peaceful Christians to relax and all u can do is display ur ignorance and ethnic bigotry. Even if u like to lie at least d Madalla bomb blast in a Catholic church during Christmas 2011 had a majority of Igbos affected so don't sit there n claim u don't know of any Igbo affected by boko haram.

You couldn't even spare a kind thought for d dead man who had to flee his country when his other family members were murdered in cold blood in a church! Shame on you!

@topic: May d soul of our dear brother rest in peace and I pray justice is served.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 12:27am On Jul 08, 2016
Emmanuel Chidi fled Nigeria with his partner Chinyery, 24, after their families came under attack from jihadist group Boko Haram.

[size=28pt]Lies!
[/size]

When he fled the North, couldn't he have fled to the Southeast, his dear Biafra? The lies our Ibo brothers tell for refugee status. Hope this ngga wasn't dealing crack in Italy before he met his waterloo.

1 Like

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 12:27am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Who ever comes to give an account of affected persons including their names and states of origin? Are u not among those that taunt Igbos with being anywhere but in their own areas? Now u see d effect of d handiwork of useless criminals called boko haram that will not allow peaceful Christians to relax and all u can do is display ur ignorance and ethnic bigotry.

You couldn't even spare a kind thought for d dead man who had to flee his country when his other family members were murdered in cold blood in a church! Shame on you!

@topic: May d soul of our dear brother rest in peace and I pray justice is served.

So when y'all flee Borno, Enugu no dey? Abi you dey run from Fulani Herdsmen? grin grin grin

Lies.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 12:34am On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

So when y'all flee Borno, Enugu no dey? Abi you dey run from Fulani Herdsmen? grin grin grin

Lies.

Is it ur business if they chose to depart the shores of Nigeria to another country due to trauma and bad memories? No shame anymore such that u bare ur bigoted fangs even where d death of a person is recorded. Shame on u as well! So u even know ur brothers disguised as herdsmen have been a nuisance?
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 12:42am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Is it ur business if they chose to depart the shores of Nigeria to another country due to trauma and bad memories? No shame anymore such that u bare ur bigoted fangs even where d death of a person is recorded. Shame on u as well! So u even know ur brothers disguised as herdsmen have been a nuisance?

Answer nau. Is Igboland no longer safe? Are y'all running from your Biafra?
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 12:46am On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

Answer nau. Is Igboland no longer safe? Are y'all running from your Biafra?

It is not as safe as can and should be courtesy of ur marauding brethren ranging from d police n uniformed officials to petty, disgusting criminals called herdsmen. The unfortunate link with such undesirables will be severed soon.

1 Like

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 12:50am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

It is not as safe as can and should be courtesy of ur marauding brethren ranging from d police n uniformed officials to petty, disgusting criminals called herdsmen. The unfortunate link with such undesirables will be severed soon.

Are you saying Fulanis have taken over the Eastern region? What a shame. What happened to your warriors and chestbeaters?

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 1:02am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Like I said, that link will be cut off soon. Go and mobilise ur mad brothers to try any rubbish in Igboland again.

Which link will be cut off? Go and tell your brothers to move back to the east, then we will cut the link off.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by wildrose21(m): 1:09am On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

[size=28pt]Lies!
[/size]

When he fled the North, couldn't he have fled to the Southeast, his dear Biafra? The lies our Ibo brothers tell for refugee status. Hope this ngga wasn't dealing crack in Italy before he met his waterloo.

Brother!!! Please STOP!!! I beg of you, please...

Do you really have to say this

Why have we sunk so low in this country of ours, such that we have lost touch with reality and lost every human feeling of camaraderie. WHY and HOW?

Just spare a thought for the dead, his wife, family and loved ones, please!

My heart weeps for this country.

Let us even ASSUME he is dealing crack, is he not better than our politicians who keep raping and molesting us time after time, such that we have developed the 'Stockholm Syndrome', just because they have craftily used the DIVIDE AND RULE tactic, carefully exploiting the religious and ethnic divide to their advantage

Why can't we as a people stand up for each other? Why can't we make Nigeria and indeed Africa great, so that we can look out and protect the interest of our brothers in diaspora

Don't you know that blacks around the world are exploited just because Africa remain weak and divided

So please brother, let go of whatever tribalism or I don't know what to call it, and look at the bigger picture, if not for yourself, for your children and the children after them.

My opinion. It may or may not count. Thanks

P.S. Check out this thread by DDeliverer.. The dude is making real sense.. https://www.nairaland.com/3210525/nigeria-finished-me

1 Like

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by ArodeTsolaye: 1:10am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Whoever comes to give an account of affected persons including their names and states of origin? Are u not among those that talk of Igbos being well travelled and practically anywhere doing business? Now u see d effect of d handiwork of useless criminals called boko haram that will not allow peaceful Christians to relax and all u can do is display ur ignorance and ethnic bigotry. Even if u like to lie at least d Madalla bomb blast in a Catholic church during Christmas 2011 had a majority of Igbos affected so don't sit there n claim u don't know of any Igbo affected by boko haram.

Allow that muslim illiterate yoruba smello to rant. It's their calling.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 1:17am On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

Which link will be cut off? Go and tell your brothers to move back to the east, then we will cut the link off.

Just arrange ur selves and go and try ur madness again! While you're at it ensure ur ragtag brethren are far away from any area in d better south.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 1:23am On Jul 08, 2016
wildrose21:

Brother!!! Please STOP!!! I beg of you, please...

Why have we sunk so low in this country of ours, such that we have lost touch with reality and lost every human feeling of camaraderie. WHY and HOW

Let us even ASSUME he is dealing crack, is he not better than our politicians who keep raping and molesting us time after time, such that we have developed the 'Stockholm Syndrome', just because they have craftily used the DIVIDE AND RULE tactic, carefully exploiting the religious and ethnic divide to their advantage

Why can't we as a people stand up for each other? Why can't we make Nigeria and indeed Africa great, so that we can look out and protect the interest of our brothers in diaspora

Don't you know that blacks around the world are exploited just because Africa remain weak and divided

So please brother, let go of whatever tribalism or I don't know what to call it, and look at the bigger picture, if not for yourself, for your children and the children after them.

P.S. Check out this thread by DDeliverer.. The dude is making real sense.. https://www.nairaland.com/3210525/nigeria-finished-me

Don't mind that individual who's got cotton between his ears. All sense of humanity n sensitivity is gone because of rotten political affiliation and their favourite pastime of displaying foolishness in d name of insulting Igbos
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 1:34am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Just arrange ur selves and go and try ur madness again! While you're at it ensure ur ragtag brethren are far away from any area in d better south.

The "better South" everyone is trying to escape from?

Your brother lied. There's no boko haram in the east. Maybe he was running from ibo drug dealers.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 1:35am On Jul 08, 2016
wildrose21:

[s]Brother!!! Please STOP!!! I beg of you, please...

Why have we sunk so low in this country of ours, such that we have lost touch with reality and lost every human feeling of camaraderie. WHY and HOW

P.S. Check out this thread by DDeliverer.. The dude is making real sense.. https://www.nairaland.com/3210525/nigeria-finished-me[/s]

What's all this rant got to do with my post.

[size=18pt]The nigga lied about running from boko haram. Let's assume he was living in the Borno, is Iboland no longer safe?[/size]
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by wildrose21(m): 1:50am On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

What's all this rant got to do with my post.

[size=18pt]The nigga lied about running from boko haram. Let's assume he was living in the Borno, is Iboland no longer safe?[/size]

Is anywhere in this country safe?

You are not beyond redemption!
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 1:59am On Jul 08, 2016
wildrose21:

Is anywhere in this country safe?

You are not beyond redemption!

So the people living in the east are aliens? grin grin grin
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 2:49am On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

The "better South" everyone is trying to escape from?

Your brother lied. There's no boko haram in the east. Maybe he was running from ibo drug dealers.

Enough please! Get on this thread and maybe learn a thing or two about real humanity.
https://www.nairaland.com/3210525/nigeria-finished-me
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by FanYogo1(f): 4:30am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Enough please! Get on this thread and maybe learn a thing or two about real humanity.
https://www.nairaland.com/3210525/nigeria-finished-me

What is humanity about lying to get refugee status?
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by DaBullIT(m): 7:17am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Whoever comes to give an account of affected persons including their names and states of origin? Are u not among those that talk of Igbos being well travelled and practically anywhere doing business?

freeze001:

I knew at least one Igbo will defend this fraud , and so i was right , Boko Haram did not attack any Ibo or Ibos in the north , and i can as well conclude that Chinyere does not live in any part of the north , do you know why ? Because a few weeks ago another Igbo Visa fraudster was deported from Poland or was it Switzerland, that one even went as far as marking his own head with cutlass before running to embassy for asylum , We keep hearing the same story , different formats , but in the end it's all a lie , so stop defending the lies of your people and go withdraw yourself in shame
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 8:04am On Jul 08, 2016
DaBullIT:

I knew at least one Igbo will defend this fraud , and so i was right , Boko Haram did not attack any Ibo or Ibos in the north , and i can as well conclude that Chinyere does not live in any part of the north , do you know why ? Because a few weeks ago another Igbo Visa fraudster was deported from Poland or was it Switzerland, that one even went as far as marking his own head with cutlass before running to embassy for asylum , We keep hearing the same story , different formats , but in the end it's all a lie , so stop defending the lies of your people and go withdraw yourself in shame

Since u are really too dumb to understand, I will use really small words so u comprehend. The report of d death of any person especially in violent circumstances should evoke feelings of sadness at least for d unnecessary death of yet another human no matter who.

It is only natural that u spare a kind thought or word for d dead at best or at worst shut d hell up and move on. It is absolutely insensitive to start spinning tales of d circumstances that led to his being at any place or in that country in this instance. To start talking crap based on ethnic profiling and bigotry only exposes ur small mindedness and that is what I sought to address u on.

I do not consider this thread or circumstance d right place to interrogate d propriety or otherwise of his immigration status. The fact is, a human life just got wasted needlessly. That death could have caught him anywhere in Nigeria too.

I wonder though why u persist in pursuing the narrative that no single Igbo person has ever been affected in the boko haram madness up North...that's a really ignorant position to take. Did u not see d story of d Igbos killed in Adamawa during a union meeting? They were still attacked again when their families went to bury them n more killed. Why do u think increasingly strident calls were made for Igbos in d north to relocate so as not to fall victim? Have u not read of many who fled for dear life leaving years of toiling and investments behind?

Like I said, this is really not d time n place to start interrogating his status. A bit of human empathy for the death of a fellow human particularly in violent circumstances is only humane and proper. Still, you can suit urself and keep jerking off on d issues just cos he's Igbo and you're not...just shows ur level of contrived depravity.

1 Like

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 8:14am On Jul 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

What is humanity about lying to get refugee status?

Humanity is necessary to at least commiserate or show some empathy over d death of a fellow human being. This thread and my comment has nothing whatsoever to do with his immigration status in another country and ethnic or tribal stereotyping/profiling is actually criminal.

That is why I referred you to that thread so u could see real humanity on display irrespective of tribe n ethnicity.
Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by wildrose21(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2016
freeze001:

Since u are really too dumb to understand, I will use really small words so u comprehend. The report of d death of any person especially in violent circumstances should evoke feelings of sadness at least for d unnecessary death of yet another human no matter who.

It is only natural that u spare a kind thought or word for d dead at best or at worst shut d hell up and move on. It is absolutely insensitive to start spinning tales of d circumstances that led to his being at any place or in that country in this instance. To start talking crap based on ethnic profiling and bigotry only exposes ur small mindedness and that is what I sought to address u on.

I do not consider this thread or circumstance d right place to interrogate d propriety or otherwise of his immigration status. The fact is, a human life just got wasted needlessly. That death could have caught him anywhere in Nigeria too.

I wonder though why u persist in pursuing the narrative that no single Igbo person has ever been affected in the boko haram madness up North...that's a really ignorant position to take. Did u not see d story of d Igbos killed in Adamawa during a union meeting? They were still attacked again when their families went to bury them n more killed. Why do u think increasingly strident calls were made for Igbos in d north to relocate so as not to fall victim? Have u not read of many who fled for dear life leaving years of toiling and investments behind?

Like I said, this is really not d time n place to start interrogating his status. A bit of human empathy for the death of a fellow human particularly in violent circumstances is only humane and proper. Still, you can suit urself and keep jerking off on d issues just cos he's Igbo and you're not...just shows ur level of contrived depravity.

You are right as can be. You have said it all, and I don't think you should trade words with him again. Maybe he is not worth it, maybe.

I also take some responsibility for his line of thought, because I bolded the 'Fleeing Boko Haram' in the original post. I did not mean to do that to highlight that fact, I only did that because it was a 'sub-topic' or another paragraph as the case may be.

Fan-something's logic is totally warped on this issue. Ask most Nigerians, if they had the opportunity to claim refugee status in Europe or America for whatever reason, they would. The country is that difficult! Most Nigerians will cross the mediterranean if they weren't afraid of drowning. So let him just leave that aspect behind.

Humanity before tribal and religious affiliation!

1 Like

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by DaBullIT(m): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2016
If there a chance i would make peace with any Igbo , you just ruined it , People die everyday , Boko haram or not , but what i oppose is taking fraudulent opportunities and destroying other ethnic settings , Boko Haram never attacked Ibo land, The victim here did not at any point in time live in the north, If you were sensible enough to do a bit of research you would understand my comment , and I still stand by my comment , The rebels in the north did not attack Igbo land , why would your beloved lie to the embassy about wanting to be a refugee ? Besides , this is the second incident , people who fraudulently obtained visas , one killed , one deported , So again, you were unable to comprehend my comment .

Next time you comment, Try not to insult anyone

Enjoy your punishment as any moderator deems fit

freeze001:

Re: Italy Migrants: Nigerian Killed In Fermo Race Attack (picture) by freeze001(f): 10:51am On Jul 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
If there a chance i would make peace with any Igbo , you just ruined it , People die everyday , Boko haram or not , but what i oppose is taking fraudulent opportunities and destroying other ethnic settings , Boko Haram never attacked Ibo land, The victim here did not at any point in time live in the north, If you were sensible enough to do a bit of research you would understand my comment , and I still stand by my comment , The rebels in the north did not attack Igbo land , why would your beloved lie to the embassy about wanting to be a refugee ? Besides , this is the second incident , people who fraudulently obtained visas , one killed , one deported , So again, you were unable to comprehend my comment .

Next time you comment, Try not to insult anyone

Enjoy your punishment as any moderator deems fit

Wow! How do u reason? That boko haram attacks affected Igbos somehow translates to boko attacks on Igboland? Where did u read or see that? U pull it out of dat dark stinky hole? How do u know where he ever lived or any member of his family? I made it clear that I'm all about d fact of his death not what his immigration status was cos that's completely immaterial in d face of unfortunate death simple n short!

Make up with any Igbo ke? Who needs ur insignificant make up? Go and show ds thread to any clear thinking person and see whether they won't feel ur head for a probable fever! Your own understanding level ehn! Too freaking low...damn! Swerve o jare! Cry baby running to d mods... tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Graphic! Jealous Woman Stabs Hubby At His Place Of Work, Co-worker Livestreams / Wife Of A Soldier Beat Her 10 Year Old Step Daughter To Death. PHOTOS / Man Seals His Wife's Private Part With Super Glue Over Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.