Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed (1217 Views)

Nairalanders In Dallas Texas / 5 Killed As Fuel Tanker Explodes Along Abuja-kaduna Expressway (photos) / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway, 5 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by ttmacoy: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2016
During a protest in Dallas against the two recent police killings of African American men, snipers shot at 11 officers killing 3.

I think the politicising of this issue by black lives matter and the press is creating chaos and division and more importantly preventing the root cause of the issue being looked that properly.

there are too many guns on the street and this creates a cycle of police officers who are quick to pull out their guns and it's a vicious cycle which America has found itself in.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/philando-castile-alton-sterling-reaction/index.html?adkey=bn
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by ttmacoy: 5:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Why in heavens name would it be legal for someone to walk the streets of a civilised country carrying a rifle. it's so dangerous and senseless that people can legally carry such guns in public putting innocent people in danger.

I still don't understand or comprehend why anyone would have the need to carry such 2nd amendment or not.

What was the link between both men killed aside being black, they had guns. One used a gun to threaten a man who was asking him for money, the other had a gun on him which he apparently had a license for and while reaching for his license was shot probably by a police officer who panicked. You could hear it in his voice on the video, sounded scared shitless saying I told him to stop I told him to stop.

We have created a society where everyone is paranoid and scared and this is fueling violence and division.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by Lucasbalo(m): 6:05am On Jul 08, 2016
ttmacoy:
Why in heavens name would it be legal for someone to walk the streets of a civilised country carrying a rifle. Aside the fact he killed officers, it's so dangerous and senseless that people can legally carry such guns in public putting innocent people in danger.

I still don't understand or comprehend why anyone would have the need to carry such 2nd amendment or not.

What was the link between both men killed aside being black, they had guns. One used a gun to threaten a man who was asking him for money, the other had a gun on him which he apparently had a license for and while reaching for his license was shot probably by a police officer who panicked. You could hear it in his voice on the video, sounded scared shitless saying I told him to stop I told him to stop.

We have created a society where everyone is paranoid and scared and this is fueling violence and division.
The reason is that Texas is open and carry State. Illinois where you and I live is concealed and carry State. I have a Gun permit in Illinois but I will get arrested if I carry it openly like the dude in camouflage. That's the difference. Texas and all the Red states are whacked when it comes to Gun Laws.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by ttmacoy: 6:17am On Jul 08, 2016
I get that bro and I agree he had a license to carry openly in Texas, but that's what baffles me that a modern society can be so comfortable allowing people carry such dangerous weapons legally in public.

I just struggle to comprehend the need to carry such weapons openly.

Lucasbalo:
The reason is that Texas is open and carry State. Illinois where you and I live is concealed and carry State. I have a Gun permit in Illinois but I will get arrested if I carry it openly like the dude in camouflage. That's the difference. Texas and all the Red states are whacked when it comes to Gun Laws.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by Lucasbalo(m): 6:21am On Jul 08, 2016
ttmacoy:
I get that bro and I agree he had a license to carry openly in Texas, but that's what baffles me that a modern society can be so comfortable allowing people carry such dangerous weapons legally in public.

I just struggle to comprehend the need to carry such weapons openly.

It's too late for that now. With the Second amendment Rights in America, River Rubicon has been crossed. I was totally against guns and when I know that there is no going back, I joined them too to protect my family. Politicians are deathly afraid of NRA and that's why it will never stop.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by ttmacoy: 6:26am On Jul 08, 2016
That there is the crux of the issue and I feel the focus on race is helping to avoid us deal of with the root cause to the benefit of the NRA.

You are right I just don't see how the NRA can be broken down with the hold they have over congress.

Lucasbalo:
It's too late for that now. With the Second amendment Rights in America, River Rubicon has been crossed. I was totally against guns and when I know that there is no going back, I joined them too to protect my family. [b]Politicians are deathly afraid of NRA [/b]and that's why it will never stop.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by Lucasbalo(m): 6:32am On Jul 08, 2016
ttmacoy:
That there is the crux of the issue and I feel the focus on race is helping to avoid us deal of with the root cause to the benefit of the NRA.

You are right I just don't see how the NRA can be broken down with the hold they have over congress.

It all comes down to money. NRA is heavily financed by all the American Gun Makers. I have a colleague at work who owns 75 different kinds of guns and assault weapons. When I questioned him why that many guns, he told me he's a collector. That's how whacked the gun situation is. You just pray and hope that nothing happens to your family. I have 3 young ladies and a Junior and I pray all the time for their safety whenever they are out. That's what our beautiful country especially Chicago land is turning to.

1 Like

Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by starlite101(f): 7:57am On Jul 08, 2016
The man in the picture turned himself in and has been released.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by darocha1: 8:46am On Jul 08, 2016
Crazy world out there
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by ttmacoy: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2016
Yes sir he did and wasn't one of the shooters.

Still the comprehension around how they are comfortable allowing such weapons in public still astounds me. There was a pic where the guy was standing and a man had a little boy nearby. If it was me seeing such a gun would freak me out so much I would get out of there especially if I was with my child.

I'm not saying the man was guilty. He wasnt doing anything wrong it's just the way American society has made guns so acceptable I am referring to.

starlite101:
The man in the picture turned himself in and has been released.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by ttmacoy: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2016
75 guns?? Wth

You are right we can just pray because no matter how careful you are sometimes you can just be in the right place at the wrong time.

Lucasbalo:
It all comes down to money. NRA is heavily financed by all the American Gun Makers. I have a colleague at work who owns 75 different kinds of guns and assault weapons. When I questioned him why that many guns, he told me he's a collector. That's how whacked the gun situation is. You just pray and hope that nothing happens to your family. I have 3 young ladies and a Junior and I pray all the time for their safety whenever they are out. That's what our beautiful country especially Chicago land is turning to.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by ttmacoy: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2016
75 guns?? Wth

You are right we can just pray because no matter how careful you are sometimes you can just be in the right place at the wrong time.

God bless and protect us all.

Lucasbalo:
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by starlite101(f): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2016
@ttmacoy No, I definitely agree. He wanted to make a statement, but chose the wrong place and the wrong time to do so. After his pic was circulated, he was in danger of being shot on sight.

The gun mania culture in the US has truly turned into a monster......
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by claremont(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
Black Americans are disproportionately targeted and killed by the American police for no justifiable reason. When people are continuously being pushed to the world, it's only a matter of time before they rebel. Until there is a systemic root and branch analysis as to why the police keep on targeting black males, more police officers will die unfortunately. The police can now feel what black families, who have had their breadwinners taken from them for no reason, have been feeling.
Re: Police Shot In Dallas: 5 Killed by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
ttmacoy:
Why in heavens name would it be legal for someone to walk the streets of a civilised country carrying a rifle. Aside the fact he killed officers, it's so dangerous and senseless that people can legally carry such guns in public putting innocent people in danger.

pls remove that pic. All the media houses said that guy is not a suspect and has been let go by the police. He has been receiving several death threats since his pics started circulating online. Anyway, he would likely sue the dallas PD. dude is now a millonionaire in the making.

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Reputable Affiliate Travel Agency / Visa Free / Help Usa Conference Visa Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.