Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Advise On Fish Farming Business - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Advise On Fish Farming Business (807 Views)

How Profitable Is Farming Business In Nigeria / How Profitable Is Farming Business In Nigeria / Help On Fish Farming business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Fish Farming Business by MendeZ(m): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2016
I intend starting a fish farming/pond business, please those with experience should spell out in details for me what it cost and what I need to know in order for me to succeed in th business.

I will appreciate your honest contributions

Thanks
Re: Advise On Fish Farming Business by janefarms2015: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2016
Cost depends on if you want to use reinforced block to construct which is higher than mobile tarpauline ponds, each of the layer of 9inces block to be used must be filled with concrete in ratio 6:1, that is 6 head pan of sands to 1 bag of cement, the plastering must be at least 4inches thick inside. Or you can use mobile tarpauline, then you have to source your fingerlings or juveniles from a reliable source, don't buy runts as they will never grow. It is advisable to use floating feeds for the first 2 months, then water management is essential. For more details visit www.aquaparadise.com.ng
Re: Advise On Fish Farming Business by MendeZ(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2016
janefarms2015:
Cost depends on if you want to use reinforced block to construct which is higher than mobile tarpauline ponds, each of the layer of 9inces block to be used must be filled with concrete in ratio 6:1, that is 6 head pan of sands to 1 bag of cement, the plastering must be at least 4inches thick inside. Or you can use mobile tarpauline, then you have to source your fingerlings or juveniles from a reliable source, don't buy runts as they will never grow. It is advisable to use floating feeds for the first 2 months, then water management is essential. For more details visit www.aquaparadise.com.ng

I really appreciate your advise.. pls do u have any idea of the price in buying these floating feeds and also what do u mean by runts?
Re: Advise On Fish Farming Business by janefarms2015: 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
MendeZ:

I really appreciate your advise.. pls do u have any idea of the price in buying these floating feeds and also what do u mean by runts?

Floating feeds start from 7000 per bag, may be higher depends on your location, runts are fish that will never grow more than few grams no matter what you feed them with
Re: Advise On Fish Farming Business by MendeZ(m): 7:36am On Jul 10, 2016
janefarms2015:

Floating feeds start from 7000 per bag, may be higher depends on your location, runts are fish that will never grow more than few grams no matter what you feed them with

Thank you very much, I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A BVN Scammer Today + SCREENSHOT / TBC Coins Investment ( Want To Get Some? ) / Design Any Professional Website Under 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.