Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone (19799 Views)

Learn To Develop Android & Ios Apps Without Writing Codes(free Tutorial) / How To Lock Apps With Fingerprint On Any Infinix Phone Running Android 7 Nougat / How To Lock Your Apps With Password Or Fingerprint On Infinix XUI 2.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Collinz2(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
Great job op. If u want to enjoy this learn Java basics guys.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by NicolasTfile: 12:10am On Jul 29, 2016
jworos:
http://dl.apkhome.org/2016/1/AIDE%20Premium%20-%20IDE%20for%20Android%20Java%20C++%20v3.2.2%20_ed.apk

its not going oo!!
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by jworos(m): 6:41am On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Collinz2(m): 7:32am On Jul 29, 2016
I just cant stop laughing.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Naughtylyn: 9:19am On Jul 29, 2016
Empower yourself
Get the trending book on Mobile phones and Tablets Repairs from Amazon!!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by mattmogan88: 9:22am On Jul 29, 2016
Op ,i fit use dis Aide develop text based games??
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by phensbassey: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Hmmm try this... In AIDE, click menu and select "Refresh Build" from the listed options.
I couldn't find that refresh build
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by mansaif21: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Waiting for the next post please...
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek

Owvfr na
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 08, 2016
Obagoblog:

Actually, am considering learning python, Java and php during my 1 year IT program next year...

. I thought IT is for 6months? I'm a computer science student also going for IT next year
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Obagoblog(m): 2:51am On Aug 10, 2016
Simran94:
. I thought IT is for 6months? I'm a computer science student also going for IT next year
really? your school and IT location pls
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by directonpc(m): 6:34am On Aug 10, 2016
Nice job Op. Guys please download and try the Android app I just made. Download it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.pngates
Or search for PN Gates on Google play store.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2016
Obagoblog:
. unaab, I don't know where I'm going for IT yet. it's still next year
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2016
Obagoblog:
. unaab, I don't know where I'm going for IT yet. it's still next year
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 10, 2016
directonpc:
Nice job Op. Guys please download and try the Android app I just made. Download it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.pngates
Or search for PN Gates on Google play store.
. did you follow this thread before creating your Android app or you have created it since?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by directonpc(m): 9:01am On Aug 10, 2016
Simran94:
. did you follow this thread before creating your Android app or you have created it since?
am a computer scientist and a full time developer. I have read the thread it's good for beginners/learning purpose. In summary I built my app since.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by jpride(m): 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pls i'm sorry for taking u bak. I'm quite interested in this topic. The 2 AIDE i downloaded was requesting me to upgrade as i was trying to round up the first tutorial u gave. Is dat d real app??
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
jpride:
Pls i'm sorry for taking u bak. I'm quite interested in this topic. The 2 AIDE i downloaded was requesting me to upgrade as i was trying to round up the first tutorial u gave. Is dat d real app??
Download it from Playstore.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
hoshodie:
DavidTheGeek

Owvfr na
I gentle o cool
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
mansaif21:
Waiting for the next post please...
Where's your app screenshot of the last post?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

I gentle o cool
Continue this your tutorial now
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by jpride(m): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Download it from Playstore.

I got it from playstore
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Chibuzor911(m): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2016
am in
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by mansaif21: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is my botton input as well as the result I got

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by srrrr(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2016
DavidTheGeek:
MOVING ON.... BUTTON
We're still working on our app.

Button

A Button is a Push-button which can be pressed, or clicked, by the user to. perform an action.

Attributes
The following are the important attributes related to Button control. You can check Android official documentation for
complete list of attributes.

* android:text - This is the Text to display.
android:text="Click Me"

* android:id - This supplies an identifier name for this view
eg android:id="@+id/button1"

* android:onClick - This is the name of the method in this View's context to invoke when the view is clicked.
eg android:onClick="showToast"

There are 2 ways to respond to a button click.

1. Using the Button onClick attribute
2. Registering an onClick Event listener

Lets use the Option 1 first...
To respond to button clicks using onClick attribute, you need to create a method in your activity (in this case MainActivity.java) and then invoke it in your Button

public void showToast(View v)

showToast is the name i chose to call the method i created. You can name it anything you like.

In your main.xml, add onClick attribute and invoke the method:

android:onClick="showToast"

Click menu and Run.

Open your app and click the button. A toast message should appear.

Pls mine is showing error, looks like it's from the MainActivity.java

package com.learning.myfirstapp;

import android.app.*;
import android.os.*;
import android.view.*;
import android.widget.*;

public class MainActivity extends Activity
{
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
{
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.main);
}

// Create a method for the Button onClick attribute

public void showToast(View v) {
Toast.makeText(getBaseContext(), "Hey! You clicked me", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
}

I don't know where the problem is coming from. This is the main.xml

<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:gravity="center"
android:background="#808000"
android:orientation="vertical" >

<TextView
android:text="I'm cool"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:textSize="16sp"
android:textStyle="italic"
android:textColor="#ffa500" />

<Button
android:id="@+id/click_button"
android:textSize="17sp"
android:text="Click ME"
android:textColor="#fffff0" />

</LinearLayout>

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 11:04am On Oct 22, 2016
srrrr:

Pls mine is showing error, looks like it's from the MainActivity.java

package com.learning.myfirstapp;

import android.app.*;
import android.os.*;
import android.view.*;
import android.widget.*;

{
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
{
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.main);
}

// Create a method for the Button onClick attribute

public void showToast(View v) {
Toast.makeText(getBaseContext(), "Hey! You clicked me", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
}

I don't know where the problem is coming from. This is the main.xml

<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:gravity="center"
android:background="#808000"
android:orientation="vertical" >

<TextView
android:text="I'm cool"
android:textSize="16sp"
android:textStyle="italic"
android:textColor="#ffa500" />

<Button
android:id="@+id/click_button"
android:textSize="17sp"
android:text="Click ME"
android:textColor="#fffff0" />

</LinearLayout>

When you open a Fridge to take water, do you close it when done or you leave it open?

The error says missing "}".

You forgot to close the fridge.

{
isn't closed.

{ - open.... } - close

add } at the end of your MainActivity.java
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by srrrr(m): 12:41am On Oct 23, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

When you open a Fridge to take water, do you close it when done or you leave it open?

The error says missing "}".

You forgot to close the fridge.

{
isn't closed.

{ - open.... } - close

add } at the end of your MainActivity.java
Thanks, It worked
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Borwe: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
How to make AIDE be full screen without the status bar?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Ayblaize(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2017
My Android colour and text colour isn't showing red undecided

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 1:48pm On May 29, 2017
Ayblaize:
My Android colour and text colour isn't showing red undecided
Is that the color code for red? undecided

Red is #FF0000 not #0000FF
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Ayblaize(m): 5:38pm On May 29, 2017
DavidTheGeek:

Is that the color code for red? undecided

Red is #FF0000 not #0000FF
Oh.. Whatever colour sha.. .i think that's blue.. The colour didn't change sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tecno 8H - The Most Affordable Lollipop Tablet / I Need Etisalat's 100mb Code! / Samsung-Galaxy Note 10.1 Now In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.