Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Experience With UBA Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With UBA Bank (2238 Views)

Limit Of Online Transaction With UBA Master Card / My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help / UBA Bank Card Exchange Rate For Today. (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With UBA Bank by WackyJ1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
I have never used UBA bank before until I was forced to use them as my Allawee account when I was posted to Kogi state.

I had been hearing about them and their exorbitant unexplainable deductions from their customers' accounts and that's what you hear once you mention UBA bank.

On the 30th of June, the allawee was paid I got the alert promptly at 7am. I traveled to Enugu state that day, and entered the bank and I was told I had to get a card in order to withdraw from the bank. I applied and was given an instant card, but I was unable to activate it because there was no Network!

I said Okay, I was patient, i got back to Delta State and went into a local UBA branch on Friday and I was told again that there was no network there, I was surprised that this thing was Nationwide. Upon traveling to Enugu on Monday this week, thankfully there was network and I changed my pin and activated my card.
I tried to withdraw from what I thought was a savings account and the atm matchine told me "Invalid account selected" , I tried again this time selecting Current Account but I was told the same thing. I went back into the bank and reported to the customer care agent, who then took my card and sent to a mail to them manually asking them to link the account. While I was waiting for her to do that, another man was there with a card error as well, his was showing him "Unable to Complete" at the atm. I was then told that I should wait and try the card later after 24 hours. I needed this money by the weekend urgently. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were public holidays.

I went into the bank today and tried the atm and got a new error "Unable to Complete", I went to the bank, back to the same customer care agent and I was told that she received a mail telling her that I selected current account instead of savings. I told her that, that was no longer the issue that I am now getting "Unable to Complete" she said that the fact that I had gotten that error means that the account had been linked to the card that I should try reactivating it. Once again there was no network so she said she I should go to withdraw from the counter. So I was right back to square one. Immediately I finished talking, another guy was there with his own card saying he was seeing "Invalid account selected"

Why will all their banks nationwide not have network for activating atm cards?

Why will activating your atm cards involve you encountering different errors causing their customers to go through so just stress?

And the common man that does not have the means to make his complaint know and will continued being stressed on top his own money. This should be moved to front page.

UBA has now proved to me personally their ineffective services.
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by Young03(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
as am typing now,am inside ecobank akpakpava branch Benin city.

only two cashier there and iam 194th person on queue . more people r still coming

Am trying to tell u that no matter how UBA act. they ar better than ecobank

1 Like

Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by infogenius(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
On a lighter note
The op and young 03 don make me laff well well.

I avoid as much as possible anything that will join me with UBA and Ecobank

As is it now, I will advise you meet the Branch Manager of the branch you obtained the card and table your complaint. He should offer to help.

Also kindly download their mobile app if they have one (I don't know if they have one as I don't use them) on your phone.
Once your alawee hits the account, transfer it to your main account ASAP. It saves you the stress of going to queue to cash.

Enjoy your service year
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by WackyJ1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Just realizing that am stuck, Money I needed for the weekend is stuck in UBA bank for more than a week.

Such unreliability
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by AdaAnambra: 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Young03:
as am typing now,am inside ecobank akpakpava branch Benin city.

only two cashier there and iam 194th person on queue . more people r still coming

Am trying to tell u that no matter how UBA act. they ar better than ecobank
Na wa o, I will advise you send the name and location of the branch to their head office on engcontactcentre@ecobank.com so they can investigate.
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by Young03(m): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2016
AdaAnambra:
Na wa o, I will advise you send the name and location of the branch to their head office on engcontactcentre@ecobank.com so they can investigate.

OK thanks
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by Medukarage(m): 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
@wackyj1 thats quiet unfortunate , i have always used my UBA debit card and it has always been reliable. I will advised you call their customer care on the number behind the card or send a mail to cfc@ubagroup.com.
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by Eljaycee: 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
Wow!! U sure ern
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by Eljaycee: 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
U sure have gone through a lot.... I only wonder how u survived the long break.... I will also advise that you send this link to cfc@ubagroup.com I know they will take u seriously....
Re: My Experience With UBA Bank by freddurst: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2016
WOW! Sorry bro....i had similar challenge last month but my issue was promptly resolved after i called their customer care number.i think its at the back of their ATM card.

(1) (Reply)

With Alibaba Gone, How Can I Get Contracts From International Buyers? / Pls How Do I Recieve Money From Ghana To Nigeria? / We Sell Kpomo In Wholesale, And Deliver To Any Part Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.