Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 (105248 Views)

Germany Vs France: Euro 2016 Semi-finals (0 - 2) On 7th July 2016 / Portugal Vs Wales :Euro 2016 Semi-finals (2 - 0) On 6th July 2016 / Poland Vs Portugal : Euro 2016 Q-finals (3 - 5) pens On 30th June 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by safarigirl(f): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
MakaveliTheDon:
am cool.. you know me ?
no, not sure
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by MakaveliTheDon(m): 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
safarigirl:
no, not sure
i guess so.. how is russia?
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by PigMeat: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
MakaveliTheDon:
me self don dey reason ur name all night .. ur name is tantalizingly and deliciously edible
your name is r.i.p, dont u agree?
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by MakaveliTheDon(m): 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
PigMeat:

your name is r.i.p, dont u agree?
nope .. i am diff from shakur mine is Taktus Makavelli
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by AmenhotepZuid: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
Wow my homeboy Benni MacCarthy predicted this and told Sammy Kuffour hes gonna dance around him. Even the Portugese coach sai he will be happy if they won the man match with 1-0 and left with the cup and still got people critising their play. grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WzLtWzKcG4

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by AmenhotepZuid: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by AmenhotepZuid: 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin grin grin
Bunch of losers...

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by AmenhotepZuid: 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
WINNERS!!!!!!This guy never played in the PSL at 18 he was already at Ajax Amsterdam and playing alongside AGING Kanu. grin grin grin grin grin grin Like Renata Sanches of today he snubbed EPL teams and wanted to play in Holland.

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by AmenhotepZuid: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin
It looks like Matuidi is going to MAN UNITED and Pogba might go to Madrid at a lower price.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This years EPL is going to be interesting as most big teams will coached by foreign coaches and looks like Congolese players are going to CONGOLIZE/colonize THE EPL.

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by AmenhotepZuid: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Always knew the Congo had talent....am expecting Morinho and Guardiola,Conte etc.. to bring more Congolese players into the EPL.
Am happy the EPL is changing now we're starting to see more skillful players like Hazard and others. Unlike in the past where we had British coaches who liked playing west African COWS like Bouba Diop and the likes of MR BACK PASS MIKEL. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
THE CHILDREN OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE (Spanish,Italians,Portugese, southern France etc..) ARE TAKING OVER THE UK JUST LIKE THEIR ANCESTORS DID IN THE PAST. The children of Anglo-Saxons must take note. Romans and Greeks brought CIVILIZATION to Europe (influenced Europe in Architecture,Arts and culture) and dubbed the Anglo-Saxons as being UNCIVILIZED SAVAGES. grin grin grin

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

I honestly believe our generation has been blessed to see CR7 and messi in same era.
THAT IS WHY WE COMPARE THEM!

CR7 is the greatest ever European player (no contest)
the south americans are still arguing WHO IS BETTER BETWEEN messi, Pele and diego. (because SA have always produced greats)

Cr7 isn't a "NATURAL TALENT" he's a factory (training)product who NOBODY can argue is the most COMPLETE player in football history.

As for the best? It's relative, you probably like messi because he scores sumptuous solo goals. Well I like CR7 cos he scores EVERY TYPE OF GOAL + he is handsome, that is abnormal... fine boy no dey sabi ball!
that is why I pity neymar if he doesn't already realise time is running out for him to become a legend.

Who assist and dictating game don help? Who likes maradona cos of assist? Or Pele? Mtcheeew. Messi changed his game cos his body is aging and can no longer do what he did b4(@ just 29). You forget CR7 is 31 and still a confirm starter @ the most prestigious club in the world!

Summary: CR7 is on same legends category as Pele, maradona, messi.

As for who's better? I vote CR7 cos he was the only one who wasn't born a footballer, who doesn't have the physique needed to even WOW the world. But he's @ the top of the world.

lol. You like a footballer because he's handsome? Chai! No wonder.

If I hear say Ronaldo dey score all types of goals. That guy that scores tap-in goals when he isn't scoring penalties.

Your last paragraph summarizes your whole post. Is anyone born a footballer? So Messi, Maradona and Pele are so good that you think they were born footballers. I get.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
opedaydydx9:
if u r a great Lover of good football nd fan of it, u would knw that cr7 had sustained injury even prior to the end of last season buh kept pushing himself so hard.... Why can't u guys argue with open mind
lol. More excuses. That's the reason he flopped against teams like Iceland and Poland abi? Noted. Kudos to the whole Portuguese team who defend more than they score and to fans who attribute the result of their resilience to the captain that shows up just twice in 6 games.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Emeonyerichard:
didnt want to put it to u bt ya i have to. Dat prsn who took d last position may not cry because he saw a long way to go bfr archiving the 1st or 2nd position.. Bt it hurt most to cum down to d last two and denied the joy u xpected.. So is a failure on his side because he nvr took the 1st position.. No mata hw beautiful or bad the team played.. In football u can nvr see 2nd as a winner bt as a looser and a failure fr nt securing dat position he longed fr despite d acknowledgement and inspiration u got. Is just lik cr7 tryn to win it all dis yrs despite his quality bt still considered a failure until nw.. Chill failure got nothing to do wit ur quality..so u mean messi was crying after loosing the cup to Chile bcox he considered himself no failure.. Nah Nah.. He knew he failed so did the country team too.. 2nd position fr football na failure if u like crry it in a lamburgini ur head no go swell pass the nrmal size
so a person that comes 2nd position performed worse than the one who comes last? That's what you mean? Lol.

If 2nd best team is a failure in football, why does FIFA (who has a better say in football than you ever will) insist teams play an extra match to try to come third-place in the World Cup?

Don't argue like a market woman jare.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
Rockyfancino:

If you had been a long time football lover, then you'll know you are wrong. Ronaldo was the one being talked about from the start. Neutrals liked him more, because he was fantastic. He played in EPL which was the home for rugged football. That's something Messi has never done, he prefers to stay in where he is loved and that's why he's been failing.

Ronaldo's mistake was that he left his home to play in an enemy territory. One thing I know is that, he has now become egoistic in recent years, while Messi forms the cool guy. Ronaldo has drop the egos again, because it's just a front.

Ask everybody who has been with Ronaldo, and they all say he's. a very cool guy. But Messi, the man behind the mask. Ask many footballers who knows Messi, they'll tell you he's a lair. Messi pretends, insults teammates who aren't his friends and others, make life difficult for coaches that doesn't do what he wants. Messi's teammates even testifies to it in a video I watched. He once insulted the likes of Sanches (Arsenal) – he spitted and said 'look at you, you cost 35 million and can't even pass the ball.' He gave Zlatan a bad season and drove him out of Barca, there are many more. I remember a story of him not even able to greet his saviour who setup a footballing career for him, he basically gave Messi the start to his career and couldn't even say Hi in the village, but instead drove past the the man in his
quest to say Hi to his boy. There are many more. Messi is a fake on the pitch, but he plays good.

Ronaldo on the other hand was a fool to have left for Madrid. He went to a club where even the fans don't appreciate him. If he stayed at Man utd, it would have been good for his career.

If you want to talk about dribbles and free kicks, do you think Messi can make those solo dribbles in other leagues? Get this straight, Ronaldo has been dribbling and scoring free kicks long before Messi discovered he could even play it. Many legends have talked about Cristiano, it's his injury that has depreciated his dribblings and free kicks. Its obvious that no one losses that ability of free kicks except he has sever tendinitis, which Ronaldo has had with other injuries but yet still continues without falling.

Two or three seasons ago, Ronaldo still dribbled. If you aren't satisfied, tell Messi to make his dribbles outside of spain. He's a flop when he doesn't have his Barca teammates creativity. Or if you aren't still satisfied, why didn't he just run inside the goal net with his dribbles in four finals even playing with a good squad? Messi is a failure who cannot even boast his teammates confidence.
seriously? These fanboys go kee person with laugh. That guy you call a flop has more trophies than your Ronaldo. I hope you know.

Messi has danced his way in the around teams from the top LaLiga, EPL, Bundesliga and Serie A in limited encounters. Imagine what would happen if he goes there. Even Ronaldo who cannot now dribble a disabled in LaLiga was a dribbler in the EPL.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
lol. You like a footballer because he's handsome? Chai! No wonder.

If I hear say Ronaldo dey score all types of goals. That guy that scores tap-in goals when he isn't scoring penalties.

Your last paragraph summarizes your whole post. Is anyone born a footballer? So Messi, Maradona and Pele are so good that you think they were born footballers. I get.

Yo I be gay ni? Why I go like player cos he fine? I'm pointing an obvious FACT that separates him from other "great footballers" or pls point out GREAT footballers who were handsome?

Guy stop kidding yourself and go to youtube to view cr7 goals. Tap-in's? Are they illegal? The long range shots he scores can messi score them? Messi curls his shots ronaldo n bale prefer to plot swerves instead everyone has their pattern!

Guy obviously from ur last paragraph u know nothing about "scouting" if u did u would know why clubs have u-13 u-18 u-21 youth teams and how coaches know even from the age of 6 the potentials of a player.

What do u think the term "natural talent" means?
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
so a person that comes 2nd position performed worse than the one who comes last? That's what you mean? Lol.

If 2nd best team is a failure in football, why does FIFA (who has a better say in football than you ever will) insist teams play an extra match to try to come third-place in the World Cup?

Don't argue like a market woman jare.

Did u see euros organise a 3rd place play off?

Fifa just uses it to make more money that's all.

It's a dead rubber match...or why do u think countries usually play the squad members who hitherto haven't had many minutes during the comp?

Who actually goes to a competition to finish 3rd? Except naija @ AFCON lol
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
lol. More excuses. That's the reason he flopped against teams like Iceland and Poland abi? Noted. Kudos to the whole Portuguese team who defend more than they score and to fans who attribute the result of their resilience to the captain that shows up just twice in 6 games.

Please after scoring TWO against nigeria and ONE against Bosnia and iran pls tell me messi stats from the round of 16 to the final?

NO GOAL, NO ASSIST. Knock-out stages is the most IMPORTANT part of a tournament. Ur grp form counts for zilch!

So is 4goals (like cr7 3 @ euro) and 1 assist (cr7 had 3 assist @ euro) Messi couldn't produce when it mattered!

Cr7 showed up against Croatia, and notably against Wales.

Even in their last copa '15 messi was absent! Go and check your stats! Messi scored just ONE goal (a penalty! How ironic?)

Truth is ANGEL DI MARIA Is more important to argentina than Messi, do u research to find out why. Stats don't lie grin
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

Did u see euros organise a 3rd place play off?

Fifa just uses it to make more money that's all.

It's a dead rubber match...or why do u think countries usually play the squad members who hitherto haven't had many minutes during the comp?

Who actually goes to a competition to finish 3rd? Except naija @ AFCON lol
You think teams like Poland and Iceland came to the Euros to lift the trophy?

Every cup/league is aimed at finding out how teams rank amongst themselves. It's rather stúpid to claim that a person who comes second place is a worse loser than one who doesn't even make the semis. Certainly, on getting to the finals they have their eyes on the trophy, but that sole loss doesn't define their whole campaign.

Funny enough some persons supporting your view have never come first or 2nd in any contest in their lives. Yet they like to define what failure is grin

Lemme ask you this... If you'd like to become a billionaire at 30 but on your 31st birthday you have 990 million, are you a failure? Are you the same with your mates who have less than 10k?
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

Yo I be gay ni? Why I go like player cos he fine? I'm pointing an obvious FACT that separates him from other "great footballers" or pls point out GREAT footballers who were handsome?

Guy stop kidding yourself and go to youtube to view cr7 goals. Tap-in's? Are they illegal? The long range shots he scores can messi score them? Messi curls his shots ronaldo n bale prefer to plot swerves instead everyone has their pattern!

Guy obviously from ur last paragraph u know nothing about "scouting" if u did u would know why clubs have u-13 u-18 u-21 youth teams and how coaches know even from the age of 6 the potentials of a player.

What do u think the term "natural talent" means?
na you use your hand type handsome join the reasons why you like Ronaldo. Now you are asking me if you are gay. How am I to know na? Na you dey talk everything. I'd leave you to argue your sexuality with yourself.

Dude having a potential for football isn't the same as being born a footballer. No one is born a footballer. It has to be developed.

You think talented artists grab a pencil or brush at birth and start creating masterpieces? They start with caricature figures like every other child. Difference is they develop faster because their interest make them practice more than others.

Only physical attributes (a nice voice, height, a good physique...) come naturally. Every skill and ability is learned at some point.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
You think teams like Poland and Iceland came to the Euros to lift the trophy?

Every cup/league is aimed at finding out how teams rank amongst themselves. It's rather stúpid to claim that a person who comes second place is a worse loser than one who doesn't even make the semis. Certainly, on getting to the finals they have their eyes on the trophy, but that sole loss doesn't define their whole campaign.

Funny enough some persons supporting your view have never come first or 2nd in any contest in their lives. Yet they like to define what failure is grin

Lemme ask you this... If you'd like to become a billionaire at 30 but on your 31st birthday you have 990 million, are you a failure? Are you the same with your mates who have less than 10k?

Lols guy MAYBE u didn't get my point.

Lemme ELUCIDATE : which pre-tournament FAVOURITE goes to euro with a target/aim of finishing 3rd?

I put it to u that if Germany had beaten France then most of the starting 11 would be mandanda, cabaye, rami etc.

No pre-tournament favourite cares about 3rd/4th place
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

Lols guy MAYBE u didn't get my point.

Lemme ELUCIDATE : which pre-tournament FAVOURITE goes to euro with a target/aim of finishing 3rd?

I put it to u that if Germany had beaten France then most of the starting 11 would be mandanda, cabaye, rami etc.

No pre-tournament favourite cares about 3rd/4th place
I got your point alright. That 2nd place is a terrible failure. I still don't agree with it.

Oh, you've shifted goal post to pre-tourney favourites? Lol.

I'd answer you. But answer that question you dodged first. I'm curious cheesy
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
na you use your hand type handsome join the reasons why you like Ronaldo. Now you are asking me if you are gay. How am I to know na? Na you dey talk everything. I'd leave you to argue your sexuality with yourself.

Dude having a potential for football isn't the same as being born a footballer. No one is born a footballer. It has to be developed.

You think talented artists grab a pencil or brush at birth and start creating masterpieces? They start with matchstick figures like every other child. Difference is they develop faster because their interest make them practice more than others.

Only physical attributes (a nice voice, height, a good physique...) come naturally. Every skill and ability is learned at some point.
There was a thread earlier today about a pretty girl grading with a 1st class... the truth is a pretty girl in engineering wey fine come still carry 1st class is rare.
Same as a fine boy wey sabi ball , u still haven't told me handsome guys who became great footballers? Its an anomaly that's the fact i'm pointing out

Guy if u doubt natural talent then abeg there's nothing I can say just take a stroll and watch 5/8year olds in your area play ball...I bet u will see one or two who will catch ur interest. Ask them who thought them how to play ball
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
I got your point alright. That 2nd place is a terrible failure. I still don't agree with it.

Oh, you've shifted goal post to pre-tourney favourites? Lol.

I'd answer you. But answer that question you dodged first. I'm curious cheesy

The billionaire Q? Yea I failed!

990,000,000, isn't same as 1,000,000,000.

Anything short of your TARGET is failure.

He almost made it, ain't same as I MADE IT.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

There was a thread earlier today about a pretty girl grading with a 1st class... the truth is a pretty girl in engineering wey fine come still carry 1st class is rare.
Same as a fine boy wey sabi ball , u still haven't told me handsome guys who became great footballers? Its an anomaly that's the fact i'm pointing out

Guy if u doubt natural talent then abeg there's nothing I can say just take a stroll and watch 5/8year olds in your area play ball...I bet u will see one or two who will catch ur interest. Ask them who thought them how to play ball
I don't spend time admiring fellow guys' looks so I don't know. Play unusually good football and I'd appreciate it. I like Ronaldo's hunger and passion and fact that he let criticism just roll over his skin. He throws tantrums and gets over it, unlike Messi who bottles up his emotions. Still he isn't as good a footballer as Messi, and that's certainly not because Messi was born clutching a football.

Talent is natural, it's a potential. It is not the ability to do something, but the ability to quickly learn better ways and improve. If it isn't developed with constant use the person would be no different from others.

Those lil kids learnt by playing with their mates, watching older siblings and trying to copy them. Every skill is learned (either self-taught with practice or taught by others)
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by PigMeat: 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
MakaveliTheDon:
nope .. i am diff from shakur mine is Taktus Makavelli
i am different from pork, my name is pigmeat.

1 Like

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

The billionaire Q? Yea I failed!

990,000,000, isn't same as 1,000,000,000.

Anything short of your TARGET is failure.

He almost made it, ain't same as I MADE IT.
that's not what I asked. Does that make you a failure? Are you the same as your mates who have less than 10k?

See my point. In a long journey to a destination, there are short term goals. That goal which seems to be the defining one is just another short term goal which can be set only because the previous ones are met at least partially.

1) Let's say team A tries to qualify for the world cup. First goal. They have to play matches and gather points. They set a personal target of qualifying WITH maximum points. However, they draw a match or two. They qualify as group leaders but not with maximum points. Have they failed? Are they failures?

2) Now they get into a seemingly easy group in the group stage. Now they have another target. Finish as group leaders so that they can get an easy draw in the knockout. First match they suffer a shock stalemate. However they manage to scale through to the knockout in second place. They did not meet their target of finishing as group leaders. Have they failed? Are they failures?

3) In the knockout round, they have only one target, win every damn match within 90 minutes. They manage to claw their way past different teams, at times through penalty shootouts. They get to the final, but they didn't win every match within 90 mins. Have they failed? Are they failures?

4) In the final match, they have one goal. Lift the trophy. It is a difficult game. They have moments when they nearly scored, and moments when they nearly conceded goals. But it is goaless at extra time. Then there are two possible outcomes:
A) They win
B) They lose.
If they win, they've achieved the final goal, but they did not really fully achieve the preceeding ones. Does the final achievement change the 'failures' (in your words) along the way?

If they lose, they failed to achieve the final goal. Does that loss define every other goal they met partially? Does it define them as failures when they probably had more successes than the eventually winners?

Sorry I had to write something this long (it's likely my last post). Life isn't black and white like most people see it. When Ronaldo takes a sublime shot but doesn't score, he has FAILED to score. Does that one moment define his match? When Messi carves open a defense with a pass but his team mate sqaunders it, he has FAILED to get an assist. Does that one moment define his match?

It's possible to fail and succeed at the same time based on what we want. When you define the success only by the moment you open the door to your destination, you leave out an important part - the journey.

2 Likes

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
I don't spend time admiring fellow guys' looks so I don't know. Play unusually good football and I'd appreciate it. I like Ronaldo's hunger and passion and fact that he let criticism just roll over his skin. He throws tantrums and gets over it, unlike Messi who bottles up his emotions. Still he isn't as good a footballer as Messi, and that's certainly not because Messi was born clutching a football.

Talent is natural, it's a potential. It is not the ability to do something, but the ability to quickly learn better ways and improve. If it isn't developed with constant use the person would be no different from others.

Those lil kids learnt by playing with their mates, watching older siblings and trying to copy them. Every skill is learned (either self-taught with practice or taught by others)

Guy dey form say u no know difference between ugly n handsome.

Was anyone born singing, dancing, pole vaulting, swimming etc? Per the bolded you basically contradicting yourself.

Born talent is basically born footballer...or isn't talent to play football an innate quality? According to ur definition?
The ability to watch someone do something and proceed to imitate it is proof of "innate ability" "born ability" ??

Stop roping yourself with laughable definitions.

+ obviously u don't know football scouting at all if u did u would understand my analogy of the young kids playing football.
When a coach spots talent, he grooms it. U can't groom what is not there.

BUT when a scout sees a young lad who hasn't been coached perfectly execute a cruyff turn, plots a pinpoint 20 yard pass or accurately reads a game from his center back position YOU know you have spotted a born footballer. #end of discussion.

Update ur scouting knowledge.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Oahray: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

Guy dey form say u no know difference between ugly n handsome.

Was anyone born singing, dancing, pole vaulting, swimming etc? Per the bolded you basically contradicting yourself.

Born talent is basically born footballer...or isn't talent to play football an innate quality? According to ur definition?
The ability to watch someone do something and proceed to imitate it is proof of "innate ability" "born ability" ??

Stop roping yourself with laughable definitions.

+ obviously u don't know football scouting at all if u did u would understand my analogy of the young kids playing football.
When a coach spots talent, he grooms it. U can't groom what is not there.

BUT when a scout sees a young lad who hasn't been coached perfectly execute a cruyff turn, plots a pinpoint 20 yard pass or accurately reads a game from his center back position YOU know you have spotted a born footballer. #end of discussion.

Update ur scouting knowledge.
What we call talent is actually the ease with which one learns to perfect a skill and not the skill itself. That's what comes naturally. Now you cannot be called an artist when you do not yet have the skill. No one is skilled at birth. It has to be developed.

Given the same exposure, some learn faster than others. They are talented. But they have to learn that skill! No one is born an artist or dancer or footballer. Don't even try arguing the unarguable.

What scouts look for is the potential. Even from a tender age we can see who learns faster, but no scout can tell if that impressive little child would someday become a Messi or Ronaldo or if he's just going to pull a Bojan. The difference is what you do with that potential.

It's ignorant to claim Messi had natural talent as a child and Ronaldo didn't. Clearly you do not know much about your idol's childhood.
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
tolutweety:

If portugal wins, I owe you your next data subscription. undecided

Portugal won. I hope you'd stand by your word. cheesy
Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by tolutweety(m): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2016

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by tolutweety(m): 8:39pm On Jul 11, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 by saintdennis(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oahray:
that's not what I asked. Does that make you a failure? Are you the same as your mates who have less than 10k?

See my point. In a long journey to a destination, there are short term goals. That goal which seems to be the defining one is just another short term goal which can be set only because the previous ones are met at least partially.

1) Let's say team A tries to qualify for the world cup. First goal. They have to play matches and gather points. They set a personal target of qualifying WITH maximum points. However, they draw a match or two. They qualify as group leaders but not with maximum points. Have they failed? Are they failures?

2) Now they get into a seemingly easy group in the group stage. Now they have another target. Finish as group leaders so that they can get an easy draw in the knockout. First match they suffer a shock stalemate. However they manage to scale through to the knockout in second place. They did not meet their target of finishing as group leaders. Have they failed? Are they failures?

3) In the knockout round, they have only one target, win every damn match within 90 minutes. They manage to claw their way past different teams, at times through penalty shootouts. They get to the final, but they didn't win every match within 90 mins. Have they failed? Are they failures?

4) In the final match, they have one goal. Lift the trophy. It is a difficult game. They have moments when they nearly scored, and moments when they nearly conceded goals. But it is goaless at extra time. Then there are two possible outcomes:
A) They win
B) They lose.
If they win, they've achieved the final goal, but they did not really fully achieve the preceeding ones. Does the final achievement change the 'failures' (in your words) along the way?

If they lose, they failed to achieve the final goal. Does that loss define every other goal they met partially? Does it define them as failures when they probably had more successes than the eventually winners?

Sorry I had to write something this long (it's likely my last post). Life isn't black and white like most people see it. When Ronaldo takes a sublime shot but doesn't score, he has FAILED to score. Does that one moment define his match? When Messi carves open a defense with a pass but his team mate sqaunders it, he has FAILED to get an assist. Does that one moment define his match?

It's possible to fail and succeed at the same time based on what we want. When you define the success only by the moment you open the door to your destination, you leave out an important part - the journey.

Guy forget ur long analogy I FAILED to achieve my target simple.

Yea there's a difference between falling @ the first hurdle and falling @ the last hurdle

That's why word's like monumental failure and terms like process success-but-outcome-failure exist .

But fact remains messi failed, when u fail 4 times in a row...it's appropriate to tag such an individual a LOSER.

That assist analogy doesn't hold sway cos if the team won he would receive all the accolades (even if he had a useless game)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012 / Real Madrid Vs Chelsea UCL (2 - 3) On 12th April 2022 / Villarreal Vs Manchester United : Europa League (1 - 1) On 26th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.