Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,334 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:38 PM

More Than A Meal: Underlying Secrets Of Palace Banquets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Than A Meal: Underlying Secrets Of Palace Banquets (654 Views)

Peter Dauke Shares Meal With Soldiers As He Visits Them In The Frontline. PICS / Obasanjo Bows To Greet The Alaafin Of Oyo During A Visit To His Palace. Photos / "One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than A Meal: Underlying Secrets Of Palace Banquets by winningwinner(m): 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Meals and Attachments
President Mohamadu Buhari since June has been having dinners in the State House to break the daily Ramadan fast as part of his Holy Month gestures. He has had dinners with “service chiefs and retiring IG of police,” he has “hosted vice president Yemi Osinbajo and all ministers to a dinner to break his Ramadan fast at the presidential villa.” He has also hosted “traditional rulers across the country,” as well as “a cross section of Abuja Imams and selected Individuals.” As all these several exclusive high-profile dinner outreaches have been going on, I have been wondering and asking myself what the implications are. I do not want to go into conclusion yet, but as a Christian I did the only thing I know is best – consulting my Bible. What I saw got me afraid. I discovered for the first time that physical meals eaten in a religious context often carry spiritual attachments, especially attachments from the spirit that supervises that particular religious environment. Point: Natural meals are not entirely natural all the time. Prayer: May all these bring about positive contributions and a healing of the body politic of Nigeria. Amen.

Discoveries:
More than a Drink
In the Bible (Leviticus 5:6-31), for example, it is stipulated that if a wife were suspected to have been unfaithful, her husband would take her, with specific items for sacrifice, to the priest at the temple, who would there perform certain rites on her to prove her innocence or guilt. Part of the rites would include her drinking water into which the priest would have performed some rituals and invocations involving spoken and written words; water described as “water that brings a curse” (NIV), in other words, natural water that carries a spiritual property called a curse.

More than a Dinner
In Luke 22:19-20, we also find instances of the same truth. Jesus, on His last night before confronting the cross, had one such meal with His disciples, a meal traditionally called The Last Supper. At that event, Jesus did not fail to notify the eaters that that particular meal in commemoration of the Jewish annual religious feast of Passover, was not mere dinner, but were actually human flesh in the material form of unleavened bread, and the cup of wine from the vine actually human blood in a more agreeable form. It was a covenant meal; a blood-oath meal.

Meals that Heal and Kill
St Paul underscored this truth when he warned certain Corinthians who approached the Holy Communion like a common dinner. For their pitiable blind attitude to that religious meal; for “not discerning” what they ate, according to that prophet-apostle-writer, some had fallen sick and others even dead (1 Corinthians 11:29-30). In other words, those men and women were casualties of an otherwise physical meal in a religious context, their medical conditions and the disruption of their entire life originating, according to Paul, from something physical that they had eaten, but something physical which had been carrying spiritual properties of which they were unaware or might not have cared. Whether they cared or not made no difference to their fate after that meal.

One Fatal Royal Banquet
In the body politic of the Kingdom of Babylon, the politician at the centre of that national upheaval was the prime minister himself, Haman, who also had the notorious title of Enemy of the Jews. As consequence of the troubles that he was about to unleash upon the kingdom, all the Jews in that kingdom were forced to fast three days. At the end of that general fast, a banquet was called by the woman who had initiated that national religious event (Esther 5:1, 4).

There was nothing in the stately setting of that banquet that gave away its spiritual undertones. One man was about to eat and die. Haman. The banquet was administered in two doses, to achieve maximum potency (Esther 7:1-2). Unfortunately, to that powerful politician, the meal was merely a gesture of political goodwill, extended exclusively to persons of importance, like himself. To Esther the organiser of the Palace Banquet, however, it was a strategic banquet spiced with the spiritual force of fasting for overhauling, thereafter, the political structure of the kingdom. How ordinarily Haman saw that extraordinary banquet of wine shows in how he reported about it to his constituency (Esther 5:11-12).
That was Haman’s last state banquet, after which a mystical Finger began to work things against him, forcing him into strange strategic blunders that finally took his life. From the banquet to the gallows (Esther 7:8-10). He never lived to tell his story on how not to honour every invitation to every banquet, even if it were in the palace and with the king and queen. Esther knew well that every banquet was not just a banquet, that every dinner was not just a dinner, irrespective of the elaborate royal setting of the event. She has since taught us that there are banquets from which even royalties do not return or recover.

Similarly, every gift is not just a gift; some diplomatic gifts carry the virus of generational leprosy. The wise prophet Elisha saw this, and refrained from the elaborate diplomatic parcels of Naaman the Syrian. Unfortunately, Gehazi his short-sighted greedy servant thought that he was being smarter when he secretly pursued what his seeing master had openly refused. Gehazi received what he thought were beautiful state gifts; gifts that, unknown to him, carried the invisible attachment of generational leprosy. That ‘medical condition’ of leprosy followed him home from a mere physical gift of whose spiritual side he knew nothing (2 Kings 5:15-27). That story has taught us that even international diplomats and powerful national politicians can be secret carriers of bad spiritual properties of generational proportions.

Question:
Will you honour such invitation, if extended to you?

1 Like

Re: More Than A Meal: Underlying Secrets Of Palace Banquets by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 09, 2016
winningwinner:
Meals and Attachments
President Mohamadu Buhari since June has been having dinners in the State House to break the daily Ramadan fast as part of his Holy Month gestures. He has had dinners with “service chiefs and retiring IG of police,” he has “hosted vice president Yemi Osinbajo and all ministers to a dinner to break his Ramadan fast at the presidential villa.” He has also hosted “traditional rulers across the country,” as well as “a cross section of Abuja Imams and selected Individuals.” As all these several exclusive high-profile dinner outreaches have been going on, I have been wondering and asking myself what the implications are. I do not want to go into conclusion yet, but as a Christian I did the only thing I know is best – consulting my Bible. What I saw got me afraid. I discovered for the first time that physical meals eaten in a religious context often carry spiritual attachments, especially attachments from the spirit that supervises that particular religious environment. Point: Natural meals are not entirely natural all the time. Prayer: May all these bring about positive contributions and a healing of the body politic of Nigeria. Amen.

Discoveries:
More than a Drink
In the Bible (Leviticus 5:6-31), for example, it is stipulated that if a wife were suspected to have been unfaithful, her husband would take her, with specific items for sacrifice, to the priest at the temple, who would there perform certain rites on her to prove her innocence or guilt. Part of the rites would include her drinking water into which the priest would have performed some rituals and invocations involving spoken and written words; water described as “water that brings a curse” (NIV), in other words, natural water that carries a spiritual property called a curse.

More than a Dinner
In Luke 22:19-20, we also find instances of the same truth. Jesus, on His last night before confronting the cross, had one such meal with His disciples, a meal traditionally called The Last Supper. At that event, Jesus did not fail to notify the eaters that that particular meal in commemoration of the Jewish annual religious feast of Passover, was not mere dinner, but were actually human flesh in the material form of unleavened bread, and the cup of wine from the vine actually human blood in a more agreeable form. It was a covenant meal; a blood-oath meal.

Meals that Heal and Kill
St Paul underscored this truth when he warned certain Corinthians who approached the Holy Communion like a common dinner. For their pitiable blind attitude to that religious meal; for “not discerning” what they ate, according to that prophet-apostle-writer, some had fallen sick and others even dead (1 Corinthians 11:29-30). In other words, those men and women were casualties of an otherwise physical meal in a religious context, their medical conditions and the disruption of their entire life originating, according to Paul, from something physical that they had eaten, but something physical which had been carrying spiritual properties of which they were unaware or might not have cared. Whether they cared or not made no difference to their fate after that meal.

One Fatal Royal Banquet
In the body politic of the Kingdom of Babylon, the politician at the centre of that national upheaval was the prime minister himself, Haman, who also had the notorious title of Enemy of the Jews. As consequence of the troubles that he was about to unleash upon the kingdom, all the Jews in that kingdom were forced to fast three days. At the end of that general fast, a banquet was called by the woman who had initiated that national religious event (Esther 5:1, 4).

There was nothing in the stately setting of that banquet that gave away its spiritual undertones. One man was about to eat and die. Haman. The banquet was administered in two doses, to achieve maximum potency (Esther 7:1-2). Unfortunately, to that powerful politician, the meal was merely a gesture of political goodwill, extended exclusively to persons of importance, like himself. To Esther the organiser of the Palace Banquet, however, it was a strategic banquet spiced with the spiritual force of fasting for overhauling, thereafter, the political structure of the kingdom. How ordinarily Haman saw that extraordinary banquet of wine shows in how he reported about it to his constituency (Esther 5:11-12).
That was Haman’s last state banquet, after which a mystical Finger began to work things against him, forcing him into strange strategic blunders that finally took his life. From the banquet to the gallows (Esther 7:8-10). He never lived to tell his story on how not to honour every invitation to every banquet, even if it were in the palace and with the king and queen. Esther knew well that every banquet was not just a banquet, that every dinner was not just a dinner, irrespective of the elaborate royal setting of the event. She has since taught us that there are banquets from which even royalties do not return or recover.

Similarly, every gift is not just a gift; some diplomatic gifts carry the virus of generational leprosy. The wise prophet Elisha saw this, and refrained from the elaborate diplomatic parcels of Naaman the Syrian. Unfortunately, Gehazi his short-sighted greedy servant thought that he was being smarter when he secretly pursued what his seeing master had openly refused. Gehazi received what he thought were beautiful state gifts; gifts that, unknown to him, carried the invisible attachment of generational leprosy. That ‘medical condition’ of leprosy followed him home from a mere physical gift of whose spiritual side he knew nothing (2 Kings 5:15-27). That story has taught us that even international diplomats and powerful national politicians can be secret carriers of bad spiritual properties of generational proportions.

Question:
Will you honour such invitation, if extended to you?

@op cheesy proverbs 23: 1-3. Its only people that have long throat that can be affected by such nonsense. its the desires in the heart of a man that makes him susceptible to spiritual influences/machinations that come through eating of food. food can become a bait in the hands of the devil and his operatives. I had an experience concerning this, but I will not share it here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Than A Meal: Underlying Secrets Of Palace Banquets by winningwinner(m): 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
coollabman:

@op cheesy proverbs 23: 1-3. Its only people that have long throat that can be affected by such nonsense. its the desires in the heart of a man that makes him susceptible to spiritual influences/machinations that come through eating of food. food can become a bait in the hands of the devil and his operatives. I had an experience concerning this, but I will not share it here.

Lovely. I'm interested in your experience, can I hear it? Reach me at: youwinbauchiyobe@yahoo.com
Re: More Than A Meal: Underlying Secrets Of Palace Banquets by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Why wouldn't I honour the invitation. You see, when love is perfect, it casts out fear...(1John 4:18).

Besides, "...the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."(Romans 14:17).

Finally, "If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake." (1Cor 10:27).

So, if the President invites you to his table and there's peace in your heart to honour it, then do so.

A warning here is in order nevertheless, if you don't have the faith to eat at such tables, then you are 'damned' if you go there to eat; because, whatever you do without faith is sin! (Romans 14:23).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari To Visit America On 12th July 2016 / Video Footage Shows How Obanikoro Loaded Plane With ₦1.29b for Fayose / Dino Melaye Attacking The Same People That Paid Him To Fight GEJ Administration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.