Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do (1355 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / UEFA Bans Arsene Wenger For 3 Matches & Fined Him €40,000 For Improper Conduct / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by vichel(m): 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2005
Please can somebody out there explain to me what the hell is wrong with Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger

For this season, he did not buy any new Players except for Alexander Hleb. And what the hell is Cygan and Sendoros still doing

in the club, they should be out there playing for a third division club or something. please if anybody knows wenger, please

advisehim that we need a center forward to assist the great Henry, even though Van persie is doing a good job at the moment.

We lso need somebody to replace Viera, and two defenders to help out Campbell, Toure, and Lauren.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 5:17am On Nov 25, 2005
I think Senderos is a great defender. Unfortunately, in his position, we've got Campbell and Toure, both more reliable. If you look at things objectively, we've not really had our first team complete for any match this season. Even at that, the tempo has picked up and I believe when the next transfer window opens, we may not even be looking to recruit more players. FFS, Van Persie is turning it on, Reyes showed what he was capable of during Henry's absence, we've got Quincy and Lupoli. I don't think we are lacking upfront. Where we need strengthening is our central midfield. Gilberto sometimes looks out of his depth.He is not a typical DM and Fabregas is more of an attacking mid. Eboue aint looking bad either. Niether is Alex Song.

Anyway, there is talk that Real madrid bought Baptista, so as to be able to negotiate a deal for Ashley Cole involving him. Don't know how true that is. But if we were to get someone like him, the squad will be as strong as any other. I really believe we are going to challenge for trophies(including the EPL), this season, even with our young squad.

Bottom-line:
1. Sell Cygan to Luton town;
2. Buy a DM (Mascherano or Baptista);
3. Get the full team back to full fitness;

And we've got a world-class team again. Mind you, we are an attacking team, unlike chavski and more recently, Man-ure.

Peace to all da goooners
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Akolawole(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2005
Ummmh
I am not a supporter of Arsena but 99% of my friends are gunners.
Football is business and if a team is going to do well THEY MUST SPEND.
Wenger is a miser. He believes small boys can do it. Well lets see how they will be knocked out again in the knockout stages of UEFA champions league.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2005
@Kola
Sit back and watch Arsenal win the league this season and challenge for the champions league as well.
You know, before Man-ure had their treble season, BBC football analyst, Alan Hansen made the comment "you cannot win anything with kids". Then the beckhams and giggs were just coming up.
Guess what? Man-ure won the the league in superb fasion. Next few years, they were treble champions.

I strongly believe we'll win something this season, either the league or champions league. Chelski better watch their back!!!
About spending, I don't think it's the answer. Look at a club like Lyon, how much have they spent in the last three years? But you can argue they are the second-best team in Europe after Barcelona. Madrid spent more than $50Million in the summer, did you see their last league match, where they were played off the park by Barcelona?

I tell you, sit back and watch our "small boys" perform magic.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Akolawole(m): 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2005
If your team do not have money, they shouldnt critisize team that spend. Money is not everything BUT with money things become easy.
Imagine Arsenal losing to Westbrom Albion in a league match!
Anyway they can win League cup.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2005
Yeah, I know this ranks as our worst start to a premiership season. I think its about the confidence which was lacking at the beginning of the season. Vieira just left and Wenger refused to bring anyone in. That created an atmosphere of uncertainty among the pleyers. But things are getting back to normal now, and you'll see our true colours as the season plays out.
Yeah the league cup along with the league and CL trophies won't be bad at all wink.
BTW, who do you support?
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Akolawole(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2005
The Champions of course.
If you say Arsenal going to win Premiership, Did you see Chelsea losing any more game ?
The difference between us is Arsenal play Free-flowing football like PSV while Chelsea play good but cautious game.
We wait and see
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2005
Hey Kola, are you a Chelsea fan?
No wonder. Of course, I see Chelsea dropping a few more points. Man Utd, Liverpool, blackburn, and any other fluke results. They will soon be out of the CL and FA cup, mark my words.
I know Chelsea seem to be running away with it right now. But remember Arsenal last season? They blitzed everybody at the beginning but fell short when it mattered. I hope the same thing happens to Jose Mourinho and his boys.
About the style of play, I would rather watch Lyon or this fake real madrid team than bore myself to sleep watching chelsea. Chelsea, after having spent a fortune recruiting, do not seem to know how to produce good football consistently.
I guess the END justifies the MEANS, anyway.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Akolawole(m): 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2005
How could you watch Chelsea when you know they are going to Win of course.
How could you watch a team that has overtaken you as the top london club?
How could u like a team that beat Arsenal hands down twice within 15 days?
That Arsenal crash this time last season does not necessaairily mean it will happen to the blues.
After our loss to United( in a match we run them over for 90 minutes), my Arsenal friend came to my house and predicted we are going to lose to Newcastle ( telling me aout Arsenal last season) What happen, we hammer them 3 goal to nothing.
How on earth could your Wenger sell Viera for £13m to be paid instalmentally?
Bye Bye gunners
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2005
Hahaha grin
The day Chelski dominate a match against Arsenal, that day should be declared as a national holiday. At the bridge, even without our first team, you needed the most rubbish goal in history (from Drogba's knee) to secure three points for you. And I think we did you guys a favour leaving the charity sheild for you, as there's an acute shortage of trophies in the chelski trophy room. What amazes me about chelski is how they cannot produce quality football, despite having having spent over £150million in the space of 3 years. Mourinho buys these quality footballers and makes them play long-ball. Very boring indeed.
You win matches by sheer determination, commitment and hard-work, as such I don't regard you as a top team unfortunately.
And about Vieira, I think we are no longer missing him. Have a look at the league table. Arsenal are secon right now.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by toluwalomo(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2005
Nothing is wrong with Arsene Wenger.He believes in grooming talent and it takes time for them to click. Already,Arsenal in the top 3 in the premiership and we still got acres to cover before the season ends.

Apart from Wiltord,Reyes and until recently Alex Hleb, there is no other player (exempt the young talents) that Wenger bought at the top of his game. Viera, Bergkamp, Pires, Kanu and even the great Thierry Henry were damned in their respective clubs before they came to Arsenal.

Arsene Wenger is a frugal and astute coach.He works with a tight budget and purchases forgotten quality very time.

Unlike a Chelsea team that spent millions and still got booted out of the Carling cup.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Akolawole(m): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2005
I have been watching football for years now. What did we call boring football for god sake?
If you use the word "cautious", i will agree with you. You sounds to know football quite a lot, please dont join those people tha sang "boring boring Chelsea". We are scoring scoring chelsea. We are scoring 3 , 4 goals in a match yet you people call us boring.
Anytime we play a team with good midfielders, Jose will use "long-ball" tactics so as to make the midfield useless. THIS IS TACTICAL
My friend, how many goals have chelsea and Arsenal scored and conceed?
Be fair with your judgement man
DAYS THAT WE PLAY BETTER THAN YOU: Champions league return match in Highbury, FA cup final 3 or 4 years ago, where we overrun you for 7o minutes.
FA CUP final last year against United, where u play rubbish tru'out.
Continue to conceed goals and call yourself exciting.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by vichel(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2005
I am sorry to say that chealsea fans will be very disappointed when we the gunners take control of the league and eventually win it. remember at this point we are 11points different from chealsea with a game in hand. Ashley cole has been injured since the bigining of the season, and sadly also gail clichy. but we've been doing fine with the lousy cygan. i just hope and pray this guys recover, and then we will be unstopable again.
I know Arsenal is an attacking team, but we sometimes forget about the back, we desperately need a defensive midfielder to support the line backers because they sometimes forget themselves.
Our attacks are not bad, i have seen Hleb, and i am happy we have him, van persie is just simply unbelievable but wenger needs to do something about the defence since they let in way too much goals, casing point against wigan campbell and toure simply disgraced themselves. As for cygan i would play Almunia as left back anyday than play him for 5 mins.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 12:14am On Nov 29, 2005
I think all this hype that surrounds chelsea at the moment, makes the fans believe they've got something others don't have.
I'll be watching mourinho's face closely this season as things fall apart at the bridge.
I think you'll find that the F.A cup was won by Arsenal, last seaon.
On that CL game, you did not play better. You only defended better. Both teams were even. Chelsea have a great squad but play rubbish football, and that can only take you so far. At some point, their style will find them out.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by tammi(f): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2005
is this sheu
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Akolawole(m): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2005
Pie1ect.
What is ur definition of Rubbish football?
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2005
Rubbish football, relative to the hype they currently enjoy. They are touted as the "best" in Europe but when you compare the quality of football to say Barcelona's or even Lyon's, chelsea's football is crap. No better than Charlton or Bolton.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Akolawole(m): 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2005
So we are not better than charlton and Bolton. IS THAT A FAIR JUDGEMENT ?
I stopped my comment on this topic.
Thanks
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by pie1ect(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2005
Kola,
Don't go ohhhh. Do you get wound up that easily?
It's what fans do. They try to wind up opposing fans. Of course, Chelsea are better than Bolton and Charlton. They are of course, the top team in the premier league. That said, I find it boring watching English football in general(apart from Arsenal, that is). Chelsea, play a very English-style, and as such, I don't enjoy watching them. That doesn't mean they are no good. If they weren't, they'd be bottom of the league or sharing the position as Newcastle.
How I'd like to see that happen wink
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by femmie(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2005
hey, the truth is arsene is a great coach. but all the same i guess his mistake may cost us henry. it is not only a midfielder but also we need a very good right winger. We are lacking experienced players cause the only ones we have are going. bergkamp is retiring pires is 32 ljumberg is getting old and midfield we are a failure i kow thta if we can get a super midfielder like juninho or ballck we can compete with any team in the world, cause we gat every things that it takes and in the case of cygan and senderous considering the fact that they are just starting i think they are doing prttye well. GUNNERS 4 EVA.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Swish(m): 12:31am On Dec 05, 2005
Strengthen his midfield (buy 2 midfielders, sell flamini) one option Denis 4rm Lille, get another power option in the attack. Strengthen the backline (Sol's not fluid enuf but rigid though) (buy 1 central defender).
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by femmie(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2005
yeah bright idea swish but flamini is still young so give him time.i will suggest adebayor in monaco for attack option.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by Swish(m): 12:08am On Dec 09, 2005
well, femmie, don't you think adebayor might not fit in ell at highbury, physique wise, 'cos you know how the premiership nowadays demands ruggedity and a "bull" kind of approach.
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by tayoccu(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2009
what AW needs to do?

he needs to sell Adebayo and Sly
Re: What Arsene Wenger Needs to Do by DrKitaun(m): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2009
STUPIDITY AT ITS LOWEST EBB ! angry

why bring this up again ?

rubbish ! angry

(1) (Reply)

Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure / Wolves Vs Liverpool [0-0] On Tuesday 26 January / :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.