Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? (1744 Views)

How To Apply: 2015 I.C.T Scholarship / 2015 I.C.T Scholarship / How To Apply For S I I T Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? by U1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
I want to know if anybody has heard about EMPIRE I.T. SCHOLARSHIP organised by WAY-LINK CONSULTANTS. The scholarship is an information technology scholarship open to undergraduates in tertiary institution based in Nigeria.

The gist is that I applied for the scholarship and after about 3 to 4 months I received an email from them that I have been selected and that I should pay One Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty Naira N1850 (verification fee) into a bank account to be awarded the scholarship. Now when it comes to making payment to faceless people I'm always cautious. This people didn't indicate their physical address in the advert and email messages and that, to me, seem fishy.

If you have any info about these people, please be generous and share. I'll be waiting.
Re: What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? by pongwa(m): 2:41am On Sep 10, 2009
man we are in the same shoes o, i was also shortlisted via the same email and asked to pay 1850 naira. i saw the advert on the student affairs board of my school but ma peops says i shld be cautious pls anybody with useful information
Re: What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? by U1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2009
People should please help us with information on this.
Re: What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? by Purist(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2009
I applied for some "EDAIDS Scholarship" a few months back.  ALL of us that applied got shortlisted, and that was when I started getting suspicious.  My suspicions were confirmed when we were asked to pay a certain sum of money into an ATM card number for "aptitude test logistics".

The point is, ANY scholarship scheme that asks you to pay even One Naira for being shortlisted is a COMPLETE FRAUD.  Keep away from such.

It's obvious that many crooks are now taking advantage of the penchant of Nigerian students for scholarships, by setting up some bogus scholarship websites, while disguising as a scholarship organisation, all with the sole aim of scamming people.

I advise that you only stick to scholarship schemes you're familiar with, or that have credible, verifiable sources, such as Total, Chevron, Mobil, Shell scholarships, etc.

Meanwhile, you can check out the 2009/2010 scholarship scheme by Total here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-323289.0.html
Re: What Do You Know About "empire I.t. Scholarship"? by Oye50(m): 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
Now its beginning to seem like scam, i also recieve d mail n i so much believe it because d advert was pasted in my faculty in OAU n i was thinking dat at least d faculty mgt in charge of that would have tested the credibility of dat scholarship b4 it was pasted. Infact, cutting d long story short, i paid d day i saw d msg, i wonder how many nigerians don fall maga, please lets shout it loud so dat more people will not be paying these scammers again.

(1) (Reply)

When Is Laspotec Post Mpce Resul Coming Out / Olabisi Onabanjo University Consult / Knowledge Of Self For Africans And Blacks By Dr. Henri Clarke - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.