Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! (1013 Views)

Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London / Fayose Blasts Buhari, APC And Magu On AIT Today / Nigeria Political Calculations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by kayjasper(f): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2016
I laughed when I read that Buhari appointed Amina Zakari into INEC Leadership. It's not true. Jonathan did. Buhari met her there.

Jagaban and Buhari are currently doing well together simply because in the history of SW Politics, it has never been this successful for the region at the centre.

Now I have a proof of this. Change Agents like Buhari who obviously have no problem in cornering the northern votes is the bride. He was chosen because of his monopolistic popularity in the north. Buhari needs little help to win the north but others in the north needs Buhari help to win in the north. In 2011, Buhari won the north convincingly without bribing anyone, instead commoners donated things like goats, savings etc into his campaign funds. Kwakwanso wouldn't have won the guber poll if CPC hadn't fielded Jafar Isa. Even at that, Kwakwanso hid under Buhari completely to win. Politicians like Atiku, Sule Lamido, Sheriff were all demystified even with their wealth by the unexplainable popularity of Buhari. So choosing Buhari is the best decision by the APC. They need not spend too much in the north sef! In fact, a state in the NE Yobe pleaded with Buhari not to campaign in their state at all as a mark of honor to him......and yet Buhari won handsomely there.

What APC needed to make things work out for Buhari is victory in at least one zone from the South. NC will then become the battleground. Two people were ready to help APC deliver South to Buhari. Tinubu the master strategist of all time whose wisdom is attested to even by his worst enemies and Amaechi the Chairman of Governors Forum and a Niger Delta Politician. The job was simple. Deliver SW, break SS by reducing the rigging that will come from there. Once SW is delivered and SS/SE rigging is minimised, nothing will stop the vehicle of Change!

Jonathan strategists knew this and that is why his campaign programme was focused in Lagos to forestall losing SW and gave Amaechi the trouble of his life in SS. Jonathan did all he could to win Lagos and to demystify Amaechi.

APC strategy worked out! Buhari unlike Atiku and Ribadu didn’t disappoint APC in the North, Tinubu delivered the SW and SS/SE rigging was cut to size. Sweet victory! PDP hasn't recovered till date.

Immediately after this victory, power hijackers have began their usual game! Before the swearing in, Atiku attempted to hijack him. It failed in the end. During the NASS leadership election, Saraki also attempted it but failed. Until recently when Buhari AGF sued Saraki directly, a lot of gullible onliners had thought Buhari was backing Saraki. The Northern Oligarchy too attempted same. They wanted to hijack him so that if he didn't want to contest in 2019, they can still retain power. That is why Tinubu always says Buhari will run again!

POWER SHARING......

Recall during GEJ, SW was the victim of victimisation. It was OBJ that super imposed GEJ but GEJ super imposed marginalisation on SW. It was ridiculous. SW worst were used to oppressed its best by GEJ. The effect; Obanikoro was minister, Kashamu was Senator and Fayose was Governor! God saved us from Omisore and Folarin.

But things are different now. 180 degrees.

Buhari’s main adviser unofficially and truly is Mallami Daura. Just like Bisi Akande is to Tinubu. That is just natural. S.O Gbadamosi was also Awolowo's main adviser while Mabogunje and Fashawe were Obasanjo's! Edwin Clark was Jonathan's. This is natural considering the geographical affinity. The most important thing is the type of advice u get.

While Buhari becomes the President, Tinubu nominated the VP. Buhari nominated his Chief of Staff while Tinubu nominated the SGF! U may ask why Tinubu nominated a Christian northerner from Adanawa as SGF, Ask Atiku who is feeling the heat.

Buhari nominated his NSA, against all odds, he refused to pick Dambazzua who was highly favoured by some powerful northern group. Again, Buhari didn’t make Dambazzua Defence Minister as also envisaged! But Dambazzua was head of his security during campaign and he did well. Buhari will not spare him if the recent defence probe indicted him.

Tinubu nominated Adefulire, Fowler, Dabiri, Akabueze and all his foot soldiers like Fashola, Fayemi, Lai Mohammed(at the expense of Saraki in Kwara. (That is how far Buhari can go for a trusted ally) , the current policy adviser to the President among others were given prominent roles to play.

Amaechi on the other hand, was given Transport Ministry, NIMASA, NDDC which he nominated Rivers State indigenes to occupy!

Although, there are more posts still coming, the only region that has not been very lucky is the SE. One of the things responsible for this is the region's inability to live under the current realities. Just like the PDP had lost touch on how to give us credible opposition, the SE too has lost touch with what it needs to do to get its share in the Buhari government. However, as a leader, the president needs to help the SE realise itself and bring it to play prominent role in the nation’s development agenda.

Secret Recruitment is never done by Buhari but his appointees. Their behaviour is not different from the hijack of NASS. Buhari is not a man that forgives impunity just that Nigerians too are not a people that adore patience!

Buhari has done well in the area security and war on corruption. Our global perception is beautiful currently. US has promised to help us in the war on corruption and had advised Nigeria politicians to stop using its nation to launder loots. Same with UAE. And recently, Rawlings. Deregulation is gradually gaining successful entry into our economy and Diversification has become real agenda.

The economy is currently bad and even worse due to Saboteurs from ND. It is good that the President has adopted a carrot approach. I believe that we must include credible private sector guys in the economic team. By this time next year, I believe we will start feeling the Change in our economy too.

Lastly, there are several attempts by many power blocs to hijack Buhari but all of them had met a brick wall. That is Buhari for you.

I'm not his spokesman and will never be. I only say what I see and know. NIGERIA will be great this time around.

Happy weekend friends.

Culled From The Facebook Page of
Ayekooto Akindele

Cc. Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ok seen
Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by DesChyko: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
If this tactic failed, he'ld have been picking holes instead? Abegi. Make person hear word for this super story. Forget strategies, Most Nigerians were more than ready to kick PDP out of power, and that's what manifested in the end, courtesy, a sportsmanship show from the ex-President. That this is an attempt to hand over power over Nigeria to those who have time and again failed the country is an attempt dead on arrival. Typical of Nigerians to repaint and restructure stories of success.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by Godfullsam(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
....and so what is the moral lesson of this ur story?

Should we now clap for buhari and his clueless zombies for inflicting hardship on Nigerians? Do you know how much a litre of kerosene cost? Do you know the cost of food stuff in the market? Do you know how much naira is now exchanged for a dollar? Do you know that most ministries, departments and govt. agencies have bn hijacked by northerners?

OP be careful oh!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by DrRasheed: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Surely i can testify on this. Pmb is trying beyond his capacity for a greater Nigeria.
Thumps up our president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by Aristo3146(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
A Nice piece...
Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by denko(m): 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
Until every nigerians start thinking for him/herself these kind of thread will be a regular occurrence. Some just love buhari even if he rape their daughters they sees nothing wrong with it. I DONT PERSONALLY DEPEND ON ANY GOVERNMENT. I BELIEVE IN A DREAM COUNTRY WHERE MY REGION/RELIGION WILL NOT DETERMINED MY APPOINTMENT INTO GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENT.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by Horlufemi(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
Godfullsam:
....and so what is the moral lesson of this ur story?

Should we now clap for buhari and his clueless zombies for inflicting hardship on Nigerians? Do you know how much a litre of kerosene cost? Do you know the cost of food stuff in the market? Do you know how much naira is now exchanged for a dollar? Do you know that most ministries, departments and govt. agencies have bn hijacked by northerners?

OP be careful oh!

Buhari to Nigerians problems - 30%
Nigerians to Nigerians problems - 70%

Quote me an rubbish me. When you travel out you will understand. Na Nigerians dey undo themselves .

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by sanandreas(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
You are praising buhari and on what ground?
Economy , health, security education agriculture, infrastructure all zero

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by Sant1m: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
DesChyko:
If this tactic failed, he'ld have been picking holes instead? Abegi. Make person hear word for this super story. Forget strategies, Most Nigerians were more than ready to kick PDP out of power, and that's what manifested in the end, courtesy, a sportsmanship show from the ex-President. That this is an attempt to hand over power over Nigeria to those who have time and again failed the country is an attempt dead on arrival. Typical of Nigerians to repaint and restructure stories of success.
I wished Gej refused to hand over, by now he would have been cooling off at the Hague like Gbagbo of CIV that refused to hand over also. rubbish

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by DesChyko: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
Sant1m:
I wished Gej refused to hand over, by now he would have been cooling off at the Hague like Gbagbo of CIV that refused to hand over also. rubbish

This isn't about handing over. It's about not effectively using the powers he had to prevent losing. Lets not kid ourselves, if he had bargained and danced to the tune of the godfathers, we won't even be talking about our votes counting. That's what I meant by sportsmanship.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC And All The Political Calculations!!! by Mintek: 9:42am On Jul 10, 2016
[s]
kayjasper:
I laughed when I read that Buhari appointed Amina Zakari into INEC Leadership. It's not true. Jonathan did. Buhari met her there.

Jagaban and Buhari are currently doing well together simply because in the history of SW Politics, it has never been this successful for the region at the centre.

Now I have a proof of this. Change Agents like Buhari who obviously have no problem in cornering the northern votes is the bride. He was chosen because of his monopolistic popularity in the north. Buhari needs little help to win the north but others in the north needs Buhari help to win in the north. In 2011, Buhari won the north convincingly without bribing anyone, instead commoners donated things like goats, savings etc into his campaign funds. Kwakwanso wouldn't have won the guber poll if CPC hadn't fielded Jafar Isa. Even at that, Kwakwanso hid under Buhari completely to win. Politicians like Atiku, Sule Lamido, Sheriff were all demystified even with their wealth by the unexplainable popularity of Buhari. So choosing Buhari is the best decision by the APC. They need not spend too much in the north sef! In fact, a state in the NE Yobe pleaded with Buhari not to campaign in their state at all as a mark of honor to him......and yet Buhari won handsomely there.

What APC needed to make things work out for Buhari is victory in at least one zone from the South. NC will then become the battleground. Two people were ready to help APC deliver South to Buhari. Tinubu the master strategist of all time whose wisdom is attested to even by his worst enemies and Amaechi the Chairman of Governors Forum and a Niger Delta Politician. The job was simple. Deliver SW, break SS by reducing the rigging that will come from there. Once SW is delivered and SS/SE rigging is minimised, nothing will stop the vehicle of Change!

Jonathan strategists knew this and that is why his campaign programme was focused in Lagos to forestall losing SW and gave Amaechi the trouble of his life in SS. Jonathan did all he could to win Lagos and to demystify Amaechi.

APC strategy worked out! Buhari unlike Atiku and Ribadu didn’t disappoint APC in the North, Tinubu delivered the SW and SS/SE rigging was cut to size. Sweet victory! PDP hasn't recovered till date.

Immediately after this victory, power hijackers have began their usual game! Before the swearing in, Atiku attempted to hijack him. It failed in the end. During the NASS leadership election, Saraki also attempted it but failed. Until recently when Buhari AGF sued Saraki directly, a lot of gullible onliners had thought Buhari was backing Saraki. The Northern Oligarchy too attempted same. They wanted to hijack him so that if he didn't want to contest in 2019, they can still retain power. That is why Tinubu always says Buhari will run again!

POWER SHARING......

Recall during GEJ, SW was the victim of victimisation. It was OBJ that super imposed GEJ but GEJ super imposed marginalisation on SW. It was ridiculous. SW worst were used to oppressed its best by GEJ. The effect; Obanikoro was minister, Kashamu was Senator and Fayose was Governor! God saved us from Omisore and Folarin.

But things are different now. 180 degrees.

Buhari’s main adviser unofficially and truly is Mallami Daura. Just like Bisi Akande is to Tinubu. That is just natural. S.O Gbadamosi was also Awolowo's main adviser while Mabogunje and Fashawe were Obasanjo's! Edwin Clark was Jonathan's. This is natural considering the geographical affinity. The most important thing is the type of advice u get.

While Buhari becomes the President, Tinubu nominated the VP. Buhari nominated his Chief of Staff while Tinubu nominated the SGF! U may ask why Tinubu nominated a Christian northerner from Adanawa as SGF, Ask Atiku who is feeling the heat.

Buhari nominated his NSA, against all odds, he refused to pick Dambazzua who was highly favoured by some powerful northern group. Again, Buhari didn’t make Dambazzua Defence Minister as also envisaged! But Dambazzua was head of his security during campaign and he did well. Buhari will not spare him if the recent defence probe indicted him.

Tinubu nominated Adefulire, Fowler, Dabiri, Akabueze and all his foot soldiers like Fashola, Fayemi, Lai Mohammed(at the expense of Saraki in Kwara. (That is how far Buhari can go for a trusted ally) , the current policy adviser to the President among others were given prominent roles to play.

Amaechi on the other hand, was given Transport Ministry, NIMASA, NDDC which he nominated Rivers State indigenes to occupy!

Although, there are more posts still coming, the only region that has not been very lucky is the SE. One of the things responsible for this is the region's inability to live under the current realities. Just like the PDP had lost touch on how to give us credible opposition, the SE too has lost touch with what it needs to do to get its share in the Buhari government. However, as a leader, the president needs to help the SE realise itself and bring it to play prominent role in the nation’s development agenda.

Secret Recruitment is never done by Buhari but his appointees. Their behaviour is not different from the hijack of NASS. Buhari is not a man that forgives impunity just that Nigerians too are not a people that adore patience!

Buhari has done well in the area security and war on corruption. Our global perception is beautiful currently. US has promised to help us in the war on corruption and had advised Nigeria politicians to stop using its nation to launder loots. Same with UAE. And recently, Rawlings. Deregulation is gradually gaining successful entry into our economy and Diversification has become real agenda.

The economy is currently bad and even worse due to Saboteurs from ND. It is good that the President has adopted a carrot approach. I believe that we must include credible private sector guys in the economic team. By this time next year, I believe we will start feeling the Change in our economy too.

Lastly, there are several attempts by many power blocs to hijack Buhari but all of them had met a brick wall. That is Buhari for you.

I'm not his spokesman and will never be. I only say what I see and know. NIGERIA will be great this time around.

Happy weekend friends.

Culled From The Facebook Page of
Ayekooto Akindele

Cc. Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique
[/s]

Iranu oshi.

(1) (Reply)

APC Governorship Aspirant Defects To PDP / President Buhari In Chad For Inauguration Of The President Idriss Deby / Do You Know Who This Soldier Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.